"They Were Always Real To Me" Video up at Hasbro's Universe Site

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by knook, Jan 29, 2008.

1. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Sweet Primus. I think I found my enlightened side of my personality! Holy Bejesus! Welcome! :D 

2. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I'd love it if the people behind the video did either a short DVD film like "G.I. Joe: Spy Troops" or a series of "Gundam Evolve"-like shorts. ("Gundam Evolve" was a series of short films that were less than 10 minutes each, all rendered in CGI, each one showcasing a different Gundam series. In this case, we could get a 5-minute episode of G1, then the next one could be Beast Wars, or Armada, or whatever.)

Either way, give us more, but there's no need to toss out the movies or Animated, I love 'em all :) 

3. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

Holy Crap! that was friggin' amazing. wish there was more of it.

4. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This makes me think a "classics" direct to DVD film could work. That was just a short promo on their website, they won't be receiving any money other than from products sold, so why not take that style expand on it for 70 min + and release a DVD. With the popularity of the line it's sure to do well. Not to mention it would advertise the new universe line. I think we should all send Hasbro a thank you card for all the goodies they've given us today :) 

5. SarahMobius

SarahMobius Adventurer

News Credits:
    omg that the hottest thing ever.... :rock 
    Why didn't the 2007 movie look like THAT?!? :jawdropper: 

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

And don't assume anyone who disagrees with you about the movie designs is a "Movie Fanboy".

It doesn't matter how "realistic" you make these models look, they would not have worked within the context of the movie, the movie would not be up for a special effects Oscar, and the movie would not be considered a legitimate Sci-Fi/action movie to those outside of the transformers fandom.

I'm sorry, they would look like oversized toys no matter how detailed and well textured they were.

7. Irv Gotti

Irv Gotti I'm Rick James B%#ch!!

Obviously, to the "untrained eye" the liquid metal and kibble cheating wasn't apparent. Also the model movement (as opposed to animation) for Prime and Megs appeared slow almost static in comparison. The faces did not emote well either (in comparison with the movie). Speaking as an animator, this is not as a result of budget limits, but what is possible with the rendered models. (Ever see a big blocky person have lithe and agile movements? None in all my years in martial arts or the military) Even though I don't like many of the designs, the cinder block "realistic, animae" rendering of the Transformers would not have been possible given the movement range requirements (especialy when Bay says no "liquid metal") for the movie. Please bear in mind the designs for the GI robot modes required morphing. Prime's big blocky forarms would NEVER have fit anywhere in the Truck mode without morphing; this is evident in the toys as even MP Prime's forearms aren't as thick as they should be and in making them that way, the truck mode suffered ( again, MB said NO liquid metal). Even in animae, the big blocky look was left behind for more "agile" designs. Even classic mecha like Macross and Gundam have appeared to have gone on Weight Watchers for their more recent updates. Newer mecha, whether its Neo Genesis Evangelion or any PS3 video game has largely abondoned the blocky look, leaving it behind with the eighties. I'm sure its been said, the G1 designs were good for their time. Let's move on. Change, while tasting bittersweet is good for us.

8. Dark_Convoy

Does anyone else see the irony in this?

In one paragraph he calls people's opinions moronic, then in another asks why people can't have their opinions.

L to the MF'n O L

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I Loved the video. Prime only got scratched and Hot Rod wasn't there to screw things up!:lolol 

10. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I thought it was ok. Not as great as everyone's making it out to be. Great for a fan made video though, but nowhere near up to snuff with big budget styling. The G1 designs just don't work as well in that type of detail (though Prime works much better than Megatron).

11. Randomus Prime

Randomus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh, Megatron's head sculpt... all else is fantabulous!

12. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well that was all kinds of awesome.

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eww double post :eek: 

14. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    a portion of this is footage already used in TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE UNIVERSE for the NETJET

oh, and ACK! WILL SMITH IS MULTIPLYING!!!!! *runs*

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I have to agree- animation is a little quirky, and the parts aren't really molded on the models too well (look at Primes back for a good example). It is in no way comparable to the animation we saw in last years movie, and even though I would love to see a series like this, at this point this quality of CG would be too costly for a show.

Awesome? Yes. Better then the 07 movie CG? Not by any means. Better then Animated? That's a judgement call, but I KNOW animated is more economical.

16. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

You did the exact same thing! Arfggekprkewoprjwoep I'm going nuts here. He was criticising people for stating opinions as FACT. You however were doing *exactly* what you accuse him of in your other post.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    While I agree that rocked, it looked totally fake and kinda laughable if that's what the 2007 movie looked like. The CGI was good, but not hollywood level. Designs like that just don't look beleivable enough.

IMO, that would have been ridiculous as a bigtime hollywood film, however, since it's not, it's much easier to appreciate it for what it is. And that is an awesome little video.

I do wish the fight scenes were more like that in the real movie. (More shooting and throwing of stuff. In the movie it was mostly hand to hand until the end)

18. Dark_Convoy

Where did I do the same thing?

I never called anyone a moron or lamented that I can't have my own opinion...

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I concur.

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    that was bad ass