"They Were Always Real To Me" Video up at Hasbro's Universe Site

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by knook, Jan 29, 2008.

1. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

No, they haven't. Trust me. I was on the movie boards. I've seen this shit. It was bullshit.

Popularity != Quality. Not to mention that they could have done "just as well" with G1 designs and pleased that portion of the fanbase better, as well as the casual TF fans.

No there is fucking not. One minute the flames on Prime are because it's the only way he can get a proper red/blue transformation, the next the truth is revealed; "Bay wanted it that way".

2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

The point of my post was that it would be cool if they did a remake of the 86 movie. You just focused on the Animated part. That's your problem. Don't like me? Skip my posts! I have every right to slam Animated as much as everybody else slams the UT. Which is CONSTANTLY.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    We need an ova video like that

4. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

This is fine - I've no problem with people who LIKE the movie. It's people who insist it's the only way it can be done that drives me nuts.

Especially when they defend things like Starscream... he doesn't have to fold "outwards" to save his height, it can wrap around his back too... all stylistic decisions. If you like them, that's okay. But they're not the only ways it can be done.

Hey, I love animated, at least, the toys and the designs. But, at the same time, I really think you should let people have their piece. It can be very upsetting being a fan when things really don't go your way, and then someone pretty much tells you you can't have your opinion any more. Do you get me? I know it's annoying, but it's 10 times as annoying to be in their shoes. Just something to consider.

5. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

THANK YOU! The thing that's really frustrating to me is how everybody can bash the UT constantly but I'm not allowed to say anything bad about Animated. That alone makes me wanna bash it every chance I get. Just to annoy people like Draven.

THANK YOU! That's what I've been talking about the entire time! Since the first time we even heard Cartoon Network had anything to do with it.

6. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Video was cool. Can we stop with the "BAWWW! It's How The Movie Should Have Been!" and "BAWWWW! I HATE ANIMATED" off-topic remarks, though?

Seriously. Makes me want to collect dirty syringes and hand them out as freebie toys at BotCon...

7. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

I know how you feel - there was a point in the movie where even though I liked it, I started to turn against it because of the fapns.

Still, man, give animated a chance to get going. Hopefully they'll nail the animation later on and we'll see it looking more solid. Remember how inconsistent G1 was with animation from season to season.

8. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    that is sweet. i watched it with my mouth wide open.

9. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

No, because they're not off topic. It's unfair that the movie pushers get to bully "Geewunners" in just about any thread but whenever good evidence that the movie could have been done another way comes up, they're not even allowed discuss it in it's thread.

10. Matt Nelson

Matt Nelson Sinner

Okay, so... is there a way I can download this? I can't really see it. I blame the slow library computer connection I work with.

Matt

11. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

:thumb  probably because they know there dead wrong and will never admit it. the truth hurts.

12. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    WOW!!! Simply wow , I wish that this was the real life movie. Can't hardly wait for the new stuff.

13. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Very Nice. that clip made me feel all fuzzy inside.

Why stop with remaking the G1 movie, when the entire G1 series should be remade in CGI!!1!

troll,troll,troll...

14. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, the off-topic remarks are the "Animated Sucks" ones.

I Like Animated.
    I Like The Movie.
    I Like G1.
    I Like the Unicron Trilogy, even if it isn't a real Trilogy.

15. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dang.
    Just...dang. That is one sweet piece of CGI.
    Imagine how awesome it'd be if they redid the entire '86 movie like that?

16. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Come one everybody:

YAY FOR TRANSFORMERS, NO MATTER WHAT SERIES THEY ARE!!!!

*as long as it isn't the movie* :p 

J/K folks.

17. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Must.. spend.. money...

I said it in the toy thread earlier, but this video was pure awesome. Really wish they would have compromised between this and 2007's "vision".

18. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Oh Boy. Those who say the movie would have flopped if it looked like this video sound as moronic as those who said the movie will flop because the designs looked the way they did back in 05/06.

There is no proof of that. The only way that could be proven is if they make the movie using the aesthetic used in the vid. I'm sure a $150 million budget would clean it up too.

With that said, why can't people have their opinions?? Is it going to lessen the enjoyment you have watching the '07 flick? Are the designs going to change? Are you that much of a douche that thinks your opinion is the only valid one??

Designs are the least of the worries for the 07 movie. Like lack of plot, plot holes you could drive a Prime through, 1 hour and 40 minutes of humans in a 2 hour movie about Transformers. Enemies who did just about nothing and said even less. A cheap, pointless death. Ridiculous acting.

The video is fantastic. I personally feel this is the way the live action movie should have looked. It could use the backing of 150 million bucks, but it would have gone a long way to satisfy me. At least I can tell what the hell is going on in this video when you see the robots. I can tell what's a leg and arm and head, and face.

Hard to do the same with the "Transformers crammed into General Grevious" designs.

If you like the movie designs, good for you. I still enjoyed the 07 movie for what it was. A hack of a director who didn't give a flying f*ck about the franchise other than a vehicle for making money on something that obviously was going to make a boatload of cash.

If I want to see "proper" Transformers, I have my G1 DVD's, Movie, BW, RID/A/E/C, etc. and now this awesome video.

(P.S. I like animated too.)

19. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

Quoted for Epic Fucking Truth.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You people bitching about the live action movie in this topic completely ruined this short for me. thanks. every time I think about it now I just want to punch something and yell "SHUT THE FUCK UP"