"They Were Always Real To Me" Video up at Hasbro's Universe Site

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by knook, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, as soon as I saw it flick to the CG version i knew there'd be people saying it's better than the live action movie. So predictable. :lol 

It was a nice little animation, cool for a website extra but nothing more really. Very much glad the movie looked nothing like that, two giant toys clunking around like puppets.

2. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

... because it was cheaply thrown together? Why don't people understand that a huge team of Hollywood experts will produce better CGI out of ANYTHING than your mate Dave charging $20 an hour? That'd the ONLY reason the movie bots look more realistic.

3. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Quoted for gospel truth and my sanity.

4. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

What's predictable is that the movie fans would come out in their droves insisting that because cheap CGI isn't 100% realistic, G1 designs could never have worked in a movie.

As opposed to two giant chrome turds stunking around like muppets?

Come off it. The animation in that vid is poor because it's cheap. Give it the same time and money as the movie and it'd blow you away.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Actually no. I think it would have worked excellently. The only problem would have been Megsy transforming into P-38. Had he transformed into a tank it would have been much better. It's the same CGI quality (altough the movie did looked more "polished", but so could this be fixed) as the movie. And at least here you can see the punches and that they connect, and not like in the movie, having more than half the stuff happening somewhere off the screen. And OP is right there with the movie OP in overall quality.

6. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Man forget about the movie! THIS is what a new Transformers TV series ought to look like. This is what I've been talking about. This is why Animated has made me completely sick.

I hope they make a series like this someday. Beast Wars was all CGI but old & dated. Imagine a series with vehicles, not beasts, that looks like this. OH MY GOD! That would be the greatest thing ever. Hopefully their saving this for a later date. Hopefully this is a teaser to something bigger in the future.

Well, at least now everybody knows what's been on my mind all this time. This is Transformers Animated MY STYLE!

7. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

I really hate this, because it's incredibly self centered to say. I was back on the official movie boards during the whole mess and have seen quite a lot of threads from here, seibertron, etc. Many people who had valid arguments against the movie and were shot down by gangs of bullies. Your "Sanity", did you ever try to put yourself in the Underdog's shoes? I'm going nuts right now just trying to get my point across. People just don't understand the difference between cheap and expensive CGI. You can ignore "Geewunners", it's no big deal to you. But your mild annoyance comes before their sheer frustration. That's just really unfair.

8. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

i love that some people say that this "look" would never work for the movie. why? how the hell do u know that? first off, this was just a small lil' clip that hasbro put together. imagine what a studio could do with it. secondly, no one ever said that the bots had to look exactly like the g1 designs just be at least faithful to them. there's no doubt that if the look of the movie was more like this then it would've been so much better.

9. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I don't care what you think is fair, I care about the fact that I did my damned best to spend the past two or three years out of inane and ultimately trivial arguments over ever last nugget of information revealed about the movie, to get inundated by this crap in a nigh-unrelated thread now.

The Movie subforum exists for a reason. Try using it?

10. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Holy crap! This is so damn close to what I wanted in the Transformers movie! Please Hasbro! Give us more!!!!! :D 

I completely agree. This whole "realistik!!1" thing with the movie designs is bogus. Its not necessarily about the design as it is about things such as lighting effects. For a big movie, a clip like this would basically be nothing more than a fairly detailed anamatic. If the movie had been made with designs similar to that the movie still could have performed very well.

In short, this is very much how the Transformers 2007 movie should have looked. Maybe a little bit less cartoon stylized, for example a more "square" look to Prime, and this would be nearing perfection.

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:eek:  NOT FAIR?

Yeah, and I suspect life will continue to be unfair for the forseeable future. Shame about your feelings getting hurt, though.

12. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

This issue has been discussed to death. All of your opinions have been basically debunked and destroyed by the official movie people. They did what would succeed for the general population and not what would be eaten up like candy by fans. Read Don Murphey's board and Bay's Blogs for the past 2 years. There is real evidence that backs up their positions the biggest one is TF the movie being one of the largest blockbusters in history.

13. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That video was awesome!

14. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

This is how Transformers:Animated should have looked!

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I enjoyed that.
    I also enjoyed the live action movie.

16. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm gonna stay out of the 'this is what the live action movie should have been like' arguement this thread is turning into. I liked the live action movie and I like the G1 movie. As for the video I think it's amazing. I feel if you're gonna put that kind of quality into recreating a scene from that movie, might as well do the whole damn thing and release it. I'd be at Walmart the day it'd release even if it were still on the palette (Probably rip the box open).

17. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

All Hollywood has been doing lately are remakes so why not remake the 86 movie like this? I know I'd be happy as hell & it would help take away some of the pain & disgust that is "Animated"!

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh GOD, enough.
    You hate Animated. You hate animated. You hate animated. You hate animated. You hate animated. You hate animated. You hate animated. You hate animated. You hate animated. You hate animated. You hate animated. You hate animated.
    WE GET IT ALREADY. Do you really need to bring it up in every post you EVER make?
    :rolleyes2 

19. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

TFW2005 rules of debate #1: When confronted, claim the topic has already been debated throughly. If you are a mod, lock said topic if debate continues.

Why do you claim that the fan's desires and the general publics attraction are so different?

I'll take that. Since this does not have that movie quality finish to it, I would be thrilled if this were a TV series.

20. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

QF*fuckin'*T!!!!!!

I LOVE ANIMATED AS IT IS, BUT MY WET DREAM FROM NOW ON IS ANIMATED DONE IN THIS CGI STYLE !

It is refreshing to write in allcaps.