They Wasted A Perfectly Good Plot

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by ezim93, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, I thought Deus Ex Machina was a pretty decent episode except for two things. One, I still find Miko annoying. Two, I was kind of expecting more from the energon harvester. When I say that I don't mean that it wasn't a bad weapon, by all means it was a pretty bad ass weapon. It's just that, well I was kind of hoping they would use it to help rebuild Megatron. Am I the only one kind of hoping that would happen. Heck it would've been pretty neat if the Autobots arrived too late. Bulkhead would be almost dry of energon and as a result would be out of commission for a few episodes. And thus Megatron would return. But I'm rambling here. I guess I'm kind of hoping Megatron is revived soon is all I'm saying.

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    too early in the season, and it would be just too convenient for the Cons. "oh noez, our leader is offline" "oh look, something to fix him with!" whatever revives Megatron should be bigger. I kind of agree, maybe if they did this all later, but i'm sure that they have something good in store

3. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

why.. do people complain about stuff like this?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Agreed. Way too early. It's only episode ten, which considering five episodes were the pilot, is still REALLY damn early.

Plus, they could always bring in another Harvester. They made it very clear there's more than one in existence.

Because there's not enough legitimate complaints to be had.

5. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Starscream wouldn't jump on any chance to revive Megatron that quickly. As for Miko, she definitly toned the annoyance down since the 5-parter; at least enough to make me happy.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I get the feeling it'll be Soundwave who revives Megatron. He'll probably somehow get ahold of that shard of dark energon Screamer is hiding.

7. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

I'm hedging my bets on Soundwave too. I'm guessing all the plot threads will eventually collect over the season and build up to his return. I agree that it would be too early to bring him back so soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if his awakening ties into Unicron's appearance, (if the big guy does wind up being the season finale/cliffhanger.) Megatron is being fueled by Unicron's blood after all.

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Huh. Whoever knew Unicron bled.

9. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Why not? If a Transformer can have energon running through their veins, why not Unicron? After all, his G1 counterpart had all kinds of crazy stuff going on inside him.

He had a huge ass melting pit inside his stomach.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How would it rebuild Megatron? Megatron's problem isn't lack of energon, it's the FUCKING GIGANTIC HOLE right there.

11. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    The hole wouldn't be a problem...I mean we saw he was able to still function as long as he had Dark Energon shoved in him.

12. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Like some have said, we'll see Megatron back soon enough (probably the end of the season), and Starscream is not all-out for reviving Megatron just yet. I bet he's already got plenty of resources (spare parts and Energon), but he's keeping them hidden from everyone else.

Personally, like I said in the episode discussion thread, I thought this episode was very well-paced. It wasn't all-out cliche (Convoy), and it wasn't crammed with too much good material (Con Job). It definitely established two new characters in one episode, while still giving some development to Bulkhead.

Megatron had a good stash of the stuff. Unicron must have one hell of a "time of the year".

Wait... Ew...

13. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

barely, just cause he had a pulse doesnt mean he could do anything. and that giant hole is a problem, imagine if he got shot there. i think Megatron may either come back near the end of the season or in the season finale.

14. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:

Yeah, you probably don't want to know what he had to DO to get it.

15. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want Starscream to succeed!! He's come closer to killing Megatron and keeping him dead than any other Starscream! And he's trying so hard to keep him dead! Come on, Starscream!!

16. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Although once Megatron does come online, an ass kicking is probably gonna go down.

17. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

Yeah and actually there was this cut, from the energon harvester, starscream saying 'OMG CRAZY PLAN' and epic music and the next cut was of megatron with a hole in his chest,

i think what made OP think what he dun thunk was coz of the way those shots were cut, harvester was in same spot on screen as megatrons gapey gapey, so its kinda suggestive how they did that.

18. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

Compared to animated, prime has a poor story within the first 9 episodes. I like the CG a lot though. But the show is definitely focussed more on fighting than character building.

19. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd agree with you if there were only 13 episodes in total for the first season. However, since there's 26, including the 5 part miniseries...I think..., they have plenty of time for action and character building. I'm sure we'll see more character background by episode 15.

jD001

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really. By epiode 9 of animated what did we have?

Prowl stobbed being aloof- good

Optimus STILL doubting himself
    Bumblebee getting fucked over and NEVER learning his lesson (for the rest fo the show)
    Bulkhead STILL being clumsy
    Ratchet STILL being grumpy- tho we did learn why
    Sari STILL being reckless with key
    None of the Decepticons showed up as the main episode thing more than once until the season finale

Animated Season 1 was reeeeaally slow, it wasn't any different from Prime in the "Status quo" area. It was all a big drag until Megatron came back (which resulted in a GREAAAAT Season 2)