They should have broke this one up O.o

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by BrokenSVT, Mar 27, 2008.

1. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

2. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

$6000? He must be dreaming, lol

3. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Meh, all in all it may be worth that much... 6000 / ~300 = $20 each toy. I don't foresee it selling for so much to a single individual, however.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If he were to split this huge lot up (whether by character or by sets) than he might be able to get close to or more than what he's asking... actually, he'd probably be able to get more than $6,000 for everything there if he sold them by smaller lots and characters. Especially with all those minty fresh sealed Alternators.

I mean, I made half that last month selling off all my loose Alternators, some loose A/E/C stuff and some loose G1 & G2... so it's not entierely out of the question for all that especially sense some are still MIB/MISB.

That's the thing... breaking the set up and selling to many different people (although you may get multiple wins from a couple) is more likely to net him what he wants or more. But I seriously doubt one person is going to come along and go... 'Yeah, been looking for a huge Transformers lot to blow my income tax on.'. Huge lots like this just don't sell well at all.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  5. blahduh

If all his alternators/reissues are MISB, yeah, then he might reach that amount, but there're no mention of MISB for those in his auctions. He did state "The major chunk of this wonderful collection is unfortunately loose as the collector had these displayed in various cases around his house". So most of the stuff he's selling are MIB/Loose. Also, the big ones might worth $20-$40 but definitely not the mini ones.

6. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

He should definitely split up this auction. probably make more that way.

7. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That loose Predaking will hit $200 alone. I sold one three weeks ago loose (and it was a reissue) and it sold for $250.

Also, when I sold my alternators loose most of them sold for anywhere between $30 to $50 a piece. Only Smokescreen ($20), BT* Alert ($60) & KP Hot Rodimus ($80) were outside of that. And if loose ones I sold went for those prices than I'd say that wether those Alts are MIB or MISB wouldn't matter too much as they'll sell for a lot.

As for the TRU Reissues, Hot Rod & Starscream might be the only ones to go higher than $20 to $30 (which is what all my TRU reissues sold for besides the guys from waves one and two).

Wal-Mart exclusive MP Starscream is still selling higher than retail value (loose or MISB...). Sold my loose one for $65 awhile back and I've seen MISB ones going for higher than that.

Not real sure on those carded RID Spychangers, but for a set of them he could probably get $20 to $30 easily.

RID Galvatron would probably go for around $30 (I was recently outbid on one of those).

I sold a loose version of the WM exclusive urban camo Ruination for $45... a MIB one (looks MISB to me) would go for more I'm sure.

The WM exclusive Universe tiger camo one would probably only go for retail at best.

20th anniversarry Prime seems to fluctuate between retail and above retail to little or massive degrees. I recently sold mine loose for $65. His looks MIB/MISB.

If that loose Powermaster Prime is complete and in good conditin he should at least get $50 out of it (I've sold two in the last year and one that was an original in good condition and complet went for $45 while the one that was a loose Takara Reissue with God Bomber went for $65).

Those loose Classics and RID figures in the one shot might go for retail or a little under... but sometimes the deluxe Classics go for crazy money.

If he sells RID Prime and Magnus as a set and they're in good condition he should be able to get about $45 to $70 depending on the bidding on those.

Classics Devastator has been getting some crazy prices lately, but I'm not so sure about that original RID Ruination that he has loose. Mine sold for $25... most people don't like that color scheme.

A lot of the other loose figures would depend heavily on their conditions, but if they're all in good condition I say he could easily get close to or even more than his asking price... problem is this will probably never sell as a set at that price. He'd be smarter to split them up.

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    he does have free shipping,thats gotta be 200+ alone.that will be a big box

9. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or multiple boxes. :D 

10. blahduh

I'm not sure how "complete" his predaking is, because he said "Has all weapons including both swords", yeah, a complete predaking has 2 swords...
    Let's assume his alternator can sell for $50 each(I doubt those are sealed, but anyway, $50 is a definitely a good price for most of the mib alternators), so 27x $50 = $1350, assuming his mib reissues $30 each, that's 30 x $18 = $540, total $1890, let's round it up to $2000.
    BTW, from this link you can definitely see most of the mib/misb alternators doesn't end up more than $50 shipped especiallly when selling as a lot.
    http://search-completed.ebay.com/mib-alternators_W0QQcatrefZC5QQdfspZ1QQfbdZ1QQfclZ3QQfisZ2QQflocZ1QQfposZ94404QQfromZR6QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfssZ0QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQnojsprZyQQpfidZ0QQsaaffZafdefaultQQsabfmtsZ0QQsacatZQ2d1QQsacqyopZgeQQsacurZ0QQsadisZ200QQsaobfmtsZexsifQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ0QQsaslopZ1QQsofocusZbs

So are rest of the stuff worthy $4000? I'm not sure. Like you said, it depends on completion and conditions. But I still can't see a reason to pay $4000 for it even I start my collection from scratch(Maybe it's just me :p )

11. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, no, I wouldn't expect anyone to drop what he's asking on the lot by itself and, if it were me, I sure wouldn't sell the alts in one lot together. Basically, my only point is that a lot of that stuff could go for a decent amount of money and he could potentially get that if he sold it all seperately as individual pieces. Of course, again, it really depends on how good the condition is on everything and who happens to be interested in getting the item at the time. Also, I've found that it helps to start the item at a low price... when you start your items high it tends to choke your auction.

Good eye with Predaking btw, didn't notice that part about it only including two swords.

12. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Blame the BIN price on that fella that sold the entire G1 collection for a mil a bit back.

Or maybe blame the dudes that are going to take his thumbs tomorrow shortly after midnight if he doesn't cough up the six g's.

13. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol 

14. blahduh

haha, that million $$ auction was sure fun to watch. What happened to the seller who spent $50000 on it?

15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't know... never heard anything after the auction closed. Sure was fun though...

16. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bid it up to $1075, didn't get close to the reserve most likely. Oh well :D 

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. Were you doing that for fun or would you have paid it if it hit the reserve? :peoples: 

18. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Wow

19. blahduh

It's kind of funny that the first listing hit $100000 but the guy didn't pay, then she relisted it with starting bid of $50000 and only 1 guy bid on it at the end.

She probably will get more if she didn't put that stupid reserve in.

20. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh i woulda paid. kept what i needed, given board memebers first choice for the rest, then ebay'd what was left.