They shoot Mudflaps, don't they?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jtscribe, Jul 30, 2010.

1. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

So my Target has been wiped out and completely restocked . . . the local Wal Marts are still stocking shelfwarmers. Obviously they're not going to move anytime soon, and Wal Mart isn't as agressive as Target in clearing out old stock.

So what happens to them? Do they end up at places like Big Lots or TJ Maxx, or just get junked? I broke down and bought Gears and Thrust (Breakaway repaint) when they were three bucks at Target but I'm not really willing to pay more than that for shelfwarmage.

2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

they get put in the Unstoppable Army made up of Jumpstarters, TM Scavengers, Injectors, and Leader Class Primes to be reshelved at Christmas time

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not sure what happens to them (someone who's worked in retail should know), but my Target recently went into full clearance mode. Only Transformers I could find was a Mudflap Gravitybot ($4) and three of the RPM 2-packs ($2each). I was hoping they would have put out the new stuff, but oh well. I might make another trip out there tomorrow.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They get donated or destroyed.

Personally, I'm so sick of seeing that orange bastard that I want him buried alongside all of those E.T. Video Games from the 80's.

5. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    The funniest, truthiest thing I've heard all week.

I also wonder, my Wally World has dropped the price of Deluxes down to $9 and that did the trick, for awhile, Leaders are $30, useless because all they have is Megatron (still bought one), Voyagers all the same, along with Beachcomber/Deadlift scout Tupac.

Target just Clearance'd all their shit out.

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure how Target works, but Wal-mart has to be given a budget of sorts to put stuff on clearance or mark their product down lower. But regardless, those Mudflaps just aren't going anywhere.

But like I said, within two weeks, all those Mudflaps will be destroyed or donated.

I need to grab a Jolt to replace my broken one speaking of which.

7. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Every time I see the word "donated" in this thread, I read "detonated". But donation/demolition is what happens.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Not entirely sure when there is a pegwarming set that is just gone, but Walmart does eventually go through the product (atleast the deluxes). The two near me have not gotten stock in about two months, and have slowly been able to work through almost all of their deluxes. Not sure what ever happened to the BB/Soundwave packs though. Thing is, when it does go on clearance at Walmart, people really troll that aisle. As far as Target, it is an amazing site (atleast in my area) when things go on clearance. I thought it was scalpers who hit the clearance hard, but if you go in there early in the morning, it is soccer moms galore. Turn around too fast and you are likely to be balls deep in a milf. Place gets wiped out in no time.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    you know what would be hilarious, if tuner mudflap became UBER RARE because no one bought one and they all got destroyed haha

10. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    ...and somewhere Michael Bay is laughing an evil laugh and muttering "Exxxxcellent" to himself.

11. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    For some sort of liability reasons, i think they're more likely to get destroyed, than donated.

Or maybe Hasbro took them back as part of that free Deluxe promotion.