They made Ultra Magnus too Weak.

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by all are dead, Apr 12, 2009.

1. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    I was thinking Optimus can stand up to more than Ultra Magnus. He got KO'd by STARSCREAM IN ONE SHOT! I know people will say this is a bad thread but i still think he got Ko'd by starscream then by Shockwave...

~AAD

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Well, according to Cliffjumper in 5 Servos of Doom, UM survived but is still recovering.

Plus, Starscream had a freaking allspark fragment in his forehead, so if that charged up his null lasers enough to KO UM then that's okay.

3. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really don't think that anyone would be perfectly fine after being shot point blank by a null ray:lol 

4. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

My thoughts exactly. And we don't even KNOW what Shockwave did to mess him up that bad.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    1. Starscream is the second most powerful Decepticon ever.

2. Magnus, while strong, is old.

3. HE GOT SHOT IN THE FACE.

4. Shockwave had the element of surprise.

UM may be weak compared to Decepticons, but that's why they (Autobots) almost lost the war. Decepticons are badass.

6. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

That's sounds really weird, for some reason. o.0

But Starscream IS pretty badass... despite being the king of Epic Fail.

7. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    yea null ray to the face = bad news!

8. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

It goes back to an interview w/ Derrick where he said that the Autobots were created for manual labor and the Decepticons were the military arm of Cybertron. If a farmer got into it with a fully trained soldier, who do you think would win? So while Magnus may be one of the most powerful Autobots, he doesn't hold a candle to almost *any* of the 'Cons in Animated, much less an Allspark powered Starscream.

9. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Acually he was.... now most of him is in the river...:D  I know but still it made me think he is the leader he should be stronger then that but im thinking since starscream really does not work for megatron anymore shockwave is 2nd in command now... he seems Much more powerful than starscream but UM just seems weak and What made me say it was bad with starscream is because Megatron KO'd him in one shot and i know that megatron is the ultimate war machine but still he seems weak to me... Optimus should lead he kicks ass almost as much as the decepticons but they kick ass more. Ya and the autobots are pretty weak cause they can barely defeat lugnut while Lockdown took down 2 SS clones, Blitzwing and Lugnut.

~AAD

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Going by the show, I would sorta question that. He got KO'd quite a few times. Though I suppose the other 'Cons have as well. :p 

11. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I agree with this opinion as Animated seems to be a Cybertronian take on the American Revolutionary War where the colonial farmer (mostly untrained population of America) had to take up arms against the British soldier (trained, disiplined army). I wonder if Derrick and Co. did this accidently or purposely. If you read a bit about the Revolutionary War, there are some stricking coincidences between fact and fiction. Just my thoughts...

Galvatro

BTW, I don't think Magnus is too weak, but his arrogance is surely his Achilles' Heel and I think that his enemies have taken advantage of that fact.

12. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

He's weak for the sake of the story. By being put out of commission, Sentinel is being set up to lead. We all know Sentinel's gonna fail at the job, and have to pass it to Optimus, giving us our familiar G1 Optimus who's overall leader of the Autobots.

Mind you, I bet Magnus was strong in his day, but he's just gotten old and decadent. His defeat by Starscream was pure carelessness on his part, by taking his eyes of the enemy and allowing Starscream to put a blaster in his face.

13. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I still think he beat the slag out of him with his own hammer.

14. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There hasn't been war on cybertron pushing magnus into direct battle for a long time it seems. As such he's pretty much been unaposed and has probably just gotten rusty (no pun intended)

15. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Yeah, but.... UM is cool..... Really cool.

16. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it funny that everybody assumes Shockwave got away with out a scratch. Just cuz Magnus lost doesnt mean he didnt leave some marks or shockwave got away clean. Also Strascream cheated, shooting somebody in the face while he looks after his men is just low.