They are paving my road! Finally!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Autobotic9, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

I have been living in my house for about 5 years now. Our little dead end road was full of bumps, potholes, and it was a very uncomfortable experience to go on. My dad has been very assertive at bugging our representatives to pave our road, and years later, they are doing it. It may have been more years if my dad hadn't been up their ass the whole time, which turned out to be a good thing.

They finished all the new sidewalks yesterday, and I expect them to tar in the next few days. I hear the machinery as I type this, and I am extremely excited!

2. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Pretty sweet...I remember that our road was like this many years back when I still lived at home...the biggest pain is trying to keep the vehicles clean after a good rain...

3. Autobotic9

Yeah, and my sister lost a flip flop to the mud LOL!

4. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Damn they need to get that down in here in my area, I feel the vibrations like, well you know. :eek: 

5. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

There's a road at home in Calgary that is literally the worst excuse for a paved road I have ever seen and am likely ever to see. It was paved once a long time ago and there are still little bits of pavement that haven't completely disintegrated (little one square foot patches). It literally looks like a gravel road, feels like a gravel road, and for all purposes might as well be a gravel road. But it was paved... but now it's just crumbled so much that it's almost entirely just loose material. And a road has to be pretty bad to be worse than the roads I biked on in Quebec... and those were pretty damn bad.

6. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I take it you live in an old house then. Because one would think that modern houses have to be built with a proper road next to them.

7. Autobotic9

It is an old house, yeah

8. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We've got this main drag off the main highway that goes to the hospital.
    There are so many smoothed over cracks that at any given time you can feel the bumps going through the suspension.