they are all gone.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Jun 13, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my transformers, my batman, my gundams, my spawn, everything but my UH-1 Huey from 21rst century toys and my GI Joe dragonfly and FANG.

i gave them away. all of it.
    i can't see them well enough anynore to enjoy them, i got mad at my incinerator figure because he kinda fell apart in my hands and it took me forever to fix, and well, i got other things going on.
    i waited 20 years for a MISB Omega Supreme and i am walking away from him.

i was always in a catch-22 with these things. as a kid, i never had that many of them and they were the only things i could relate to.
    and as i grew, i kept them close and when i got jobs, i tried to buy the ones i wanted and never had and tried to male something complete in my life.
    but it was never complete.

last night i looked at them and felt not a single emotional bond to any of them.
    something tells me that when the one thing that brings you peace and sanctuary cannot help you or move you anymore, things aren't good.

i feel old, i feel stupid, i feel like i lost something along the way.
    i feel so damn wrong or guilty for trying to replace friendships with these things.
    i want so much more than what they give me now.
    the only reason kids like me is because i am a toy version of a video store or museum; my family jokes about me now, i just feel like i never grew up like i should have and maybe time or loneliness is killing me inside. and my vision problems make me feel helpless more than ever, even with toys i can transform in the dark and wearing padded gloves.

so, i boxed em up, and gave them awy earlier today.

i trust the man i gave them to; he's got three boys and he promised me he would dole them out only when they were old enough to handle them.

RiD UM and Prime they won't see until they are at least 11 or 12 (hell, i am 33 and stared through a microscope tied to a telescopre to understand the directions on them) so i know they will be taken care of for some time.

i like it here at the TFW, so it isn't like i am pulling a spook job. i like the people here. they good folks.
    and funny enough to make bad days better.

this isn't a rant- not angry at these things or decided they are stupid- i just feel like i gotta find something else to stir my heart.

thanks and peace.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Damn. That's hard, man. It sounds to me like you have a lot of "soul-searching" to do; if your hobby isn't making you happy, perhaps you've done the right thing in walking away. I sincerely hope you find something that makes you happy bro. And don't you go nowhere; you're always welcome here.
    Good luck, whatever you do.

3. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I hope this rough time passes soon friend. And personally, I think you should only feel so bad if YOU think it;s a waste of your time, not what anyone else thinks... but I understand.

Here's to a better tomorrow

: )

4. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Draven is right

The man has a point;there are other hobbies that can fill the void.Your profile says you write & you like classic fiction so why not try to write some of your own?Or a new song?Or a story about a character you like?

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

you said you "can't see them well enough to enjoy them..." do you have some sort of degenerative eye condition or other medical issue? if some, my best wishes and I hope things work out for you. the nicest thing you could've done is give them a good home, and from the sounds of it, that's exactly what you did.

6. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Hope you sort your issues out. You should be happy for one thing though, you made some kids VERY happy with all those toys. You definitely pulled something positive out of that.

7. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Tough times, too bad you lost the hobby you created for so many years, I hope giving them away will help you. You sound depressed, maybe you should seek profesional help and comfort in your family.

8. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

dont do things you will regret because people pick on or make fun of you, or wonder how other people feel about you. it's little things liek that that make life seem short. enjoy what you like. live life how you want to live it.......it's yours

9. defstar

defstar Autobot...

All I know is some dude somewhere has got three happy boys...:D 

Seriously though...sounds like you had a pretty good sized collection and you just gave them away...now that's a breath of fresh air...most people sell them and I myself would find it hard just to give them away...

Listen to this guy if your main reasoning was because of what other people think...big no no...you gotta do what you enjoy as long as it isn't harmful of course...

Hope you find joy in the hobby again or something else to fill the void...

10. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Good for you. What you did was very healthy. Breaking that emotional connection to mass-marketed pieces of moulded plastic is one of the best things you could have done for yourself.

11. lita 1

lita 1 Records Keeper

Ebay:
    I feel you in a big way....I am having to sell most of Vector's collection on Ebay and I feel like I am loosing him all over again. Like I have let him down in the most disgraceful way ever. But if i don't make enough money on these i risk eviction.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, I hope you find something that makes you truly happy, and encourage you to get out there and try as many new things as possible until you do. Good luck.

Just because you're not collecting anymore doesn't mean you shouldn't pop back on the forums to say hi every once in a while, though.

13. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That sucks man. I hope you find what you are looking for, as the song goes.

I will say this, not as any sort of criticism, but just advice from an outside source: never try to replace relationships, friendships, or human bonding with any hobby that secludes you. Not even the Internet should replace these attachments. Just by reading your comments, maybe thats where a lot of your internal struggles come from. I don't know you other than the few times we have talked on the boards, but I certainly wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers.

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    In my experience, I've found that when you feel an emotional impulse to make a decision like this, to take a little more time to think it over before acting on that impulse.

Believe me, I've been in a very similar situation. And when I did finally make that decision, I've given items away over time and I donate to charities every year, but I also was able to sell other items that have helped to support my wife and I financially during some difficult times. Heck, I never would've been able to upgrade my wife's wedding ring a couple years ago if I hadn't made over $500 selling my collectibles.

It's all about priorities, and discovering what's most important to you. In my life, I've learned not to make decisions based on the emotion of the moment. It's best to take some time and think it through and even seek advice, and if you still feel the same way afterwards, then take action.

And if you are experiencing depression--that's tough, my friend. I've been there too. And I've learned that investing your life in others is the quickest cure. If you're concentrating on the care and welfare of others, it leaves very little time to dwell on yourself.

Here's hoping you find your path in life soon.

15. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    gl friend

16. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

I wish you the best on whatever you choose to do now. I hope you find what you're looking for after giving up your collection. Take care. :) 

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Good luck man. It takes bravery to give away a collection like that, but I know what you mean about the eyesight. I have nightmares about losing my vision sometimes, and I think if it went that far, I'd have to let them go too. No point in having them if you don't enjoy them.

I hope you find a new hobby to fill the gap. I think perhaps you could follow Swampflight's advice and try your hand at more writing. It is something I've considered trying to do myself some day.

18. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I pray that you keep a custom or a favored one so you don't feel like it is a complete feeling of loss all over again. i have been there- i have/had a G1 Sixshot i borrowed from the first real friend i had right before summer, and he passed away, leaving that as the only reminder of him. so your words carry much weight with me.
    all of your support does.

me, i have lost one eye to retinal detachment and the the other is like getting the worst tv reception in the world. i wear 2 pairs of glasses stacked just to read a newspaper. i don't drive, i don't explore like i used to.
    so some of this is frustration and depression. but the other is that i feel a need to do something else or i just might find myself in a position i don't care for.

as for my other hobbies i still write and create when i can. but the stories are like personal love letters to my closest friends. i do it for them only.

i am not giving up; in fact i am already looking at returning to college- expanding my social circles and diving into new things to try- and i got friends spending time with me this summer.

i know that you all here can't really replace the old flesh and blood people out there in my town, but i gotta say the neighborly way you treat me and each other here still means a lot.

i am gonna stay here for a long time and i will tell ya if i think a fig looks good or not, but i gotta have this detachment i have started.

i just had a laugh- "Till all are one" means something more to me now. it means more than all coming together...it means when the individual handles his problems and feels whole again. that sound right to you?

thank you all for everything here.

19. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish you great success in whatever you find to bring new joy into your life.

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Good luck, man. I hope you find what you're looking for, and as many have said, you're always welcome around here.