They all transform the same.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    The Despiketicons VS. the Autoblobs!

2. BlackLight

BlackLight Banned

One shall rise(in pointiness) and one shall fall(in weight).

And that is how we got Transformers: Prime

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL

4. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

What are we going to complain about next? They way they stand or move?

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    If it's done poorly, then yes.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I love how flaws in character design and aesthetics are apparently minor nitpicks or something.

People are acting like this is nitpicking, but it's a fatal flaw in the character design. Wether by design or accident they've made every character merely a variation of the same design basically, which kinda fucks up the whole point of Transformers being all different from one another. This also directly affects how profiles and proportions are all so similar. I mean, Jazz and Bumblebee are really, really similar. Both have the vehicle fronts as chests, vehicle rears as backs, wheels on the arms and wheels in the ankles with relatively bulky arms and lean legs.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do not forget that it was COMPLAINING that got us host migration, character customization, more Colors, and a better balanced game (though some may argue otherwise);) 

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    *bearhugs* This fella knows the score.

So yeah, your welcome.

9. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Don't major design problems make it more Geewun......?

10. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to deny you of your rightful opinion or anything but don't you think you might be over-analyzing the game just a bet? It is just a game after all it really isn't worth all this frustration is it? I can respect that you may see many things wrong with it but a lot of us aren't seeing what you are. So give us the right to enjoy the game despite its flaws, and we'll give you the right to your opinion.

Fair enough?

11. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of the best post I've read in a while.

12. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I was just thinking about this today. I was wanting to make a custom of my Destroyer character. I realized I could borrow the way WFC Bees backpack gets to his back because of this similarity. I do not dislike it but I did notice.

13. BlackLight

BlackLight Banned

You sir deserve a medal

14. BlackLight

BlackLight Banned

Oh you are right, having similar body lay outs which would only make sense in the programming is 'Fatal' Except about 90% of the people playing the game don't care....

You're telling me transformers having similar proportions to one and the other fucks it up from being different from each other? Jazz and bumble bee have similar proportions, as most of us humans do, it's not even a problem.

no offense by the way, just don't agree with you.

Yeah, sure having different proportions would be nice, but it isn't an issue to complain about.
    Color sure, abilities sure, but this?

consider that perhaps certain things need to be done from a technical stand point, and maybe you should be happy with what they have already improved greatly over thier previous game. Do you not remember how wfc customization was?

Save such little, insignificant, nitpicky, puny, 'Fatal' issues like this for a sequel, were they are bound to make even more improvements if made.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  15. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Honestly, if that's a problem you have with the aesthetic, that's fine, but I don't actually see the transformation homogeny being as widespread as it's been described in this thread. Thinking about it, for the most part, the only characters that really do the whole "front of car->chest" thing did the same thing in G1. Optimus Prime, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet, they all did that in G1. Same with Jetfire, Starscream, and so on. There are a couple characters that have that who didn't before (like Bumblebee (not counting non-G1 incarnations like the recent moves and Prime) and Blast Off) but there's also a good number of designs that do something different:
    * Warpath has his classic "turret-chest" transformation
    * Megatron's chest comes from somewhere in the middle of his tank mode
    * Shockwave actually has his vehicle front become the legs/feet
    * Sideswipe appears to have an almost Sunstreaker-style roof->chest transformation (either that or I'm severely misinterpreting his robot mode) (and of course, that's only in the game because his toy is a retool of Jazz)
    * Barricade, as I recall, winds up with his vehicle mode front somewhere around the top of his back
    * Vortex has his front end/"cockpit" section become his shins and feet
    And that's just off the top of my head; I don't have the game in front of me at the moment to look at different armor sets. At any rate, maybe you do want more variety among the designs that are faithful to past character incarnations, and that's a legitimate qualm, but it's not the glaring, objectively-bad design pitfall that it's being made out to be, if simply by the quantity of counterexamples.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  16. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sunstreaker had the roof as a chest. sideswipe transforms correctly

17. Squints

Right, I thought I changed "hood" to "roof" before I posted that, but I guess I didn't...at any rate, it's fixed now.
    But are you saying that Sideswipe's hood does become his chest in WfC/FoC? I honestly have a hard time distinguishing whether it's his hood or his roof.

18. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

wow, you really cant tell. the pictures don't match up. i guess it is a sunstreaker configuration

19. Squints

See, it looks to me from the number of grooves in his robot chest that it forms from the vehicle roof, and then maybe the angular bits from the hood/front end go onto his forearms (kinda like how deluxe movie Jazz's arms form from his hood with wheel-shoulders)

20. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

It looks like the hood to me. Autobot logo plus the red lines on the roof are straight while on the hood and chest they slighty angled. The problem is if the chest is the roof the logo comes out of nowhere, if it's the hood that's the chest the color behing the logo changes depending on the form. Going from the logo I'd say the hood is supossed to be the chest just like g1 sideswipe.