They all starved?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rook, Aug 7, 2011.

1. rook

rook Well-Known Member

You know, they never explained how the Autobots maintained their lifeblood. No mention of how or when they were able to replenish energon.

Megatron and Starscrean even make it clear in the second movie that they were still looking for energon.

So, i'm kind of wondering, were the Autobots basically starving since the first movie? It seems as though their own sparks are the only things keeping them alive.

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Either it takes time to die out of starvation, either they can create artificial Energon to maintain themselves.

3. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

As Jetfire explains in ROTF, all Cybertronians need energon, which is the lifeblood of their race, without it, they all perish.

True, no explanation to where the Autobots get energon is given in any of the movies.

Only thing I can think of is that there must be a very limited supply of energon somewhere on Earth, as Megatron is shown in DOTM feeding the hatchlings. Also, Bumblebee had the Allspark for sometime, maybe it replenished him with energon, but that would only apply for him.

Or maybe when they left the Dam, the Autobots took abit of time to replenish themselves.

In any case, the explanation of their own spark keeping them alive also works, its supposedly to last for thousands of years, but then there is the fact that their spark must be almost depleted...or nearing to be.

4. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The ones we've seen go into stasis lock besides Megatron was really old bots.

Jetfire and Sentinel Prime had to go to stasis in order to survive.

So it may seem the older you are the more infusion of Energon is needed for longevity.

Oh yeah Sam mentions in his rant Energon has a decay rate.

5. Russian fan

Russian fan Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The EARTH gives them lifeblood! This is their real, dear home! For which they are willing to fight at all costs!

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's not that they don't have any, it's that they don't have enough to do anything with.

I assume the humans would also be more than willing to help engineer substitutes with the help of Wheeljack.

7. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

TF1 suggested plenty of facets about the Cybertronians as a species and a people that should have been explored in ROTF but weren't, and couldn't be explored in DOTM because it didn't have a proper handoff from ROTF. Shame that. Hopefully, the next group of movies will examine these things.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I assume there were other energy sources besides energon. Think of bio-fuels. Cars can run on them, even though they are different from gasoline. The humans probably supplied them with an alternative.

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The prequel novel, "The Veiled Threat", shows that with NEST's co-operation, they've been creating artificial Energon from local sources (a la G1) and stockpiling it on Diego Garcia while on Earth. They've obviously been creating and subsisting off that for all the years they've been off Cybertron.

10. AllSpark Shard

Or maybe they transcanned an usb plug and now it comes out of their asses and they connect to a laptop to recharge xD

11. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    I always assumed that Energon was litterally their "life-blood"- It is their blood. Without it flowing through their bodies, they would die.

Now, if a bot remains in stasis lock and does not receive any damage, they are effectively immortal.

However, if they are injuried, they have one of two choices: They can get more energon (either through raw energon or a transfusion from another Transformer) or they heal themselves but are now running on less energon, meaning they have less energy, less firepower, and are slowly shutting down.

The Decepticons, I assume would actually steal energon from their own fallen warriors in order to continue, while the autobots create artifical (but less effective) energon and use transfusions to survive.

12. Mysticsilk

Mysticsilk Decepticon minion

I always assumed the energon lasted a while, so they weren't in immediate danger of running out but would eventually

13. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The Cube radiation in TF1? That's Energon. According to Sam Energon has a decay rate.

Hence when Sector 7 denied Simmons further investigation due to negligible radiation readings they dubbed him obsessed.

14. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always figured by artificial means...

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The G1 Bots and Cons made Energon Cubes from various sources, oil, gasoline, electricity, even rubies. I'm sure the Movie Bots could use Earth fuels to make their own Energon.

16. AllSpark Shard

I guess best guess xD is that they take Energon from the dead Cybertronians, because:

To make Energon, its necessary to harvest it from a sun, ergo, the process to create it is derived from some form of fussion reaction, similar to those that take place inside a star.

So, it is not possible to synthesize it from sunlight, either, or from organic fuels. At least logic says so.

17. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Since the U.S. government has an agreement with the Autobots, I am pretty sure that the agreement gives them energon to replenish themselves. Also as someone above stated it is the older robots that were in stasis lock. The supply of energon may take quite a while to deplete from an individual robot.

18. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    the way crackhead frenzy was running around in the first movie and picking a alt form it seemed every few minutes....he did not seem low or out of "juice" at all...

who knows..

19. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

I always got it this way: It takes a LOOOOONG time to die of starvation. The autobots are also starving. But not as long as Jetfire did. Also, they dont immediately die when gotten no energon for a long time, they slowly fall apart, which can take thousands of years in itself.

20. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

I don't think so. read the veiled threat READ IT!