theroy regarding the matrix

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jazz4ever, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

today i have off from school (doctors visit) so i had a lot of time so i thought about the matrix so in beast wars in optimal situation rhinox tells primal that he cant take primes spark because it has the matrix with it now what if you reverse it what if the matrix has primes spark with it instead maybe the matrix absorbs each primes spark and then over time it has been passed to so many primes and it keeps on absorbing it gathers enough energy from the sparks for the chosen one to open it during the autobots darkest hour this is backed up in the japanese headmasters when in one episode the matrix is empty and then the spark of alpha trion refills it so what do you think

2. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Do you see the key to the right of the letter M? That's called a comma. And to the right of that is the period key. Use them wisely young padawan if you want to avoid sounding like a neanderthal.

3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Its really hard to understand what exactly your theory is with that huge, run-on sentence. Are you theorizing that the Matrix's energy comes from absorbing all the sparks of the Primes, therefor causing them to be stuck in the Matrix instead of returning to the Allspark upon death?

Of course in Rebirth Alpha Trion is already IN the Matrix...plus he was never a Prime, and only a Matrix holder in the way Magnus was, so why would his spark be in there in the first place? Simply by virtue of being one of the first Cybertronians built by Vector Sigma? Doesn't that go against your theory?

--Moony

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Rebirth and Headmasters did not occur in the same continuity. And Alpha Trion could easily have entered the Matrix after it interfaced with Vector Sigma, or by virtue of its connection with Vector Sigma (both ancient Cybertronian artefacts, probably there was some kind of link between them).

I think you might be onto something, though. Sort of a race memory, gathering the collective knowledge of all those who ever bore it. This is supported in Five Faces of Darkness, when Rodimus journeys into the Matrix and sees all the images of those who went before.

Also, I don't think you need to be dead to retain a tie with the Matrix. Rodimus was seen in there, and he wasn't dead. Far from it, Prime had just KO'ed him to take the Matrix off of him. Maybe it's like the Nexus Ribbon from Star Trek - anyone who has ever held the Matrix retains a connection to it. Or maybe it exists beyond the physical shell to collect all the best and brightest of Cybertron.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    That's always how I saw it, and as a link to the Allspark and Vector Sigma.

--Moony

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    who exactly is the Roy, anyway?

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

I guess for me, I always saw that whole Matrix aspect as part of where G1 went wrong. First off, the heretofore unannounced "Chosen One" and the fact that you hadn't seen hide nor hair of the Matrix before the Movie, it smacks of a rushed concept that detracts from the series. I lump it in with things like the concept of a Transformer's "spark" and the like. Something coming down the pipe that takes away more from the mythos than it adds. But that's just me, I suppose...

8. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    The matrix was always considerd a window to the past, which contained the accumulated wisdom of all past Primes. Also, it is considered a link to the allspark, where all sparks that have been, and will be are gathered into one conscience.

In Beast machines, Primal stated that the purpose of life is gathering wisdom and experience in your life, so when yo join the matrix you can fuel it with your them, making it evolve and grow.

So it is a race memory.

9. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

I thought the matrix is like the soul or spark of a transformers. When Dinobot died, his spark looked like the matrix going up to the sky.

10. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

And if you hold down the "shift" key when pressing the letter key, it gives you the Capital Letter version.