There wouldn't be any Autobots if...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Like the thread title says, there wouldn't of been any Autobots if Starscream would of listen to Megatron, when they were on top of the volcano and Starscream started firing then Megatron told him no to to save energy since they were in stasis lock for 4 million years, but Starscream as always ignored Megatron and kept firing knocking Prime under the beam. Like I said if Starscream would of listened to Megs no Autobots.

What do you people think?

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

There wouldn't have been any Autobots, humans, or Earth as they (the Cons') would have (eventually) destroyed it all. Henceforth Returning to Cybertron and finishing off any Autobots in space they could find. Unicron would have gotten to and destroyed Cybertron unabated and they all would have been screwed in the end. Pretty cut and dry.

Can't wait to see the.. interesting theories this thread brings forth...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  3. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Teletraan 1 was still scanning for vehicles for the crew onboard, so they would have woken up sooner or later.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just thinking this yesterday.

Also, that's a pretty funny sig. I should make one out of the "Vegeta" shit I found in the cupboard yesterday.

5. vidmouse

vidmouse Well-Known Member

I've actually thought about this before too.
    It gets way more fun if you think that, in order
    for the universe to be alright, Starscream MUST survive.

Someone could develop some interesting time-travel
    stories around this, I'm sure...

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If Starscream had listened...

If Hot Rod had listened...

Maybe some Transformers don't hear that well.

7. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Teletraan 1 could have scanned till it's circuits exploded with info on every plane, train, automobile, beast, bug or rock on earth it would not have mattered since the reformating beam was stationery. (Probably because no one thought to make it move at the time. /shrug) The Autobots were not exactly going to be moving under it by themselves.

If Starscream does not do what he did, Unicron wins. Without another random circumstance to correct the flow of events that had the matrix on the way to Cybertron when it was, it would all have been over. Because they really could only have done anything about it with some time and advance warning. Problem for them is, as it was presented, the events that lead to the destruction of Unicron were a pretty intricate chain. Removal of any of the links would shatter it for the simple and inescapable fact they would not have known untill Unicron was on their door step, as was illustrated in the movie anyway, as it was presented.

Yes, I am only focusing on the end stage events resulting from the Ark Autobots not being awoke before Megatron returned to destroy them and the matrix as well. When the endgame is total destruction that could only have been saved by a broken chain of haphazard circumstances, the events between cease to matter. This is based off of the circumstances presented as they were in the G1 show alone, as was presented in the original post.

Now.. that all being said..... With the modern introduction of the "multiverse" and Alternity, so on and so forth, somebody from one reality or time frame would have corrected the issue. Of course as there was presented a reality where Unicron had won and devoured that whole reality it would seem the above events have happened at least once, if not more :ev: 

Thank you multiverse :thumb 

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I was thinking the same thing, But an other eruption or an Earth quake could have done the job.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Moral of the Story.

Blame Starscream for everything.

10. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    but given how often such events occur, would
    A: Teletraan still have been running at the time
    B: it already have been too late
    plus, who's to say Megatron wouldn't have gone back to finish things proper after fueling up?

11. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

There is a far higher probability Megatron would have returned than not. So, as presented in the continuity it would be as follows, for sake of brevity will paraphrase.

Without further intervention, Autobots go bye bye. Matrix goes bye bye. Cybertron goes bye bye. Earth goes bye bye. Continue string of bye bye with the rest of that reality. :) 

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Well considering that the volcano Mount St. Hilary [its name in the comics] was based on the real worlds Mount St. Helens, I would say its quite likely that something would have moved the autobots.

Between 1980 and 1986,Mount St. Hilary has had pleanty of activity ranging from full erruptions to sizable earth quakes, Numerous small explosions and dome-building eruptions occurred. From December 7, 1989, to January 6, 1990, and from November 5, 1990, to February 14, 1991, the mountain erupted with sometimes huge clouds of ash.

A:I see no reason to believe Teletraan would have ever stoped running
    B:it can always be "too late"

As for Megatron going back to finish the job, that would have been "out of character" for him.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Sorry, but thast was pretty much out of character for him.

There are a number of times he felt "their deaths are assured".So I find it highly unlikely that he would have returned.

14. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

It might have been out of character for him to have done it personally, but he would have eventually sent someone to do it. Considering the troops present at the time there is as much a probability they would have botched it as finishing it though and the Autobots could still have revived anyway.

It is not something I am trying to say is impossible they would have been activated in time to stop Unicron, but if they deviate from the string of events it is Highly improbable.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I find that to be out of character as well.

and yes, I know it wouyld be stupid for someone like Megatron to just "walk away" and think hes done.

But thats how stupid and arrogant Megatron was depicted in the toon.

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Megatron's desire or lack there of to go finish them more than likely would not have mattered anyway. Don't forget that from the events of More Than Meets The Eye, Cybertron has exactly 20 years of in universe time before it's Unicron chow.

The events that happen in those years are not relevant if they don't involve an Autobot who is "matrix sensitive" arriving somewhere in that path to stop the Chaos Bringer. Megatron's inactivity in the matter of the Ark Autobots would matter little unless by some miracle he is informed they need the matrix to stop Unicron and actually cares enough to awaken Optimus in time.. chances of that are infinitesimal.

Let's not get into how much smaller the chances are Hot Rod would just mysteriously arrive on earth to get the Matrix, especially if it is decepticon controlled at the time.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

well like I said, its highly likely some other activity at the volcano would have awoken the autobots in time to stop Unicron.Between 80 and 86 alone there was plenty of activity at the site.

It might have been to late to help earth thou.

18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

If there was enough activity to move their bodies it would also have had to have had the exact effect of moving one of them into the beam. Which chances of that are decent, but not guaranteed. I just remembered I may have been wrong on the exactly 20 years as I don't exactly remember the in universe date of MTMTE, but it is close.

The odds of Unicron being stopped without the Ark Autobots being awoke within a relatively short span of MTMTE or a miraculous intervention there after are so small it is not even funny.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think the only reason Megatron might've returned to the Ark was if there was a specific piece of Cybertronian kit they needed that they knew would likely be aboard the Ark. That said, the Decepticons fairly easily built and fuelled a starship during MTMTE so even that isn't so likely.

Now even though the Decepticons would've then left to return to Cybertron and start the restoration project, no doubt Megatron would've sent troops back to fully take over Earth and strip it of energy. Left to their own devices would some curious or vengeful Decepticons decide to go sneak a peek at the Ark and maybe even attempt to fully destroy the legendary Optimus Prime? Possibly. The dormant Teletran might reawake when the volcano is disturbed by that and be knocked into reviving an Autobot who would then try and get others restored.
    At the very least sucking all the energy out of the Earth might just disturb the volcano enough to set Autobot repairs in motion. By that time though all the humans would probably be captured or dead and the planet beyond saving. And the Decepticons would be in better, more powered control of Cybertron.

Plenty of ways it could happen.

Really though, Megatron should've either destroyed all the Ark Autobots right after the Decepticons were revived, or left a team to do it, in both versions making sure to cack Optimus first.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

the exact year in MTMTE was not mentioned, but its safe to assume it was 1984 based mostly on Spikes age in season 2 and the date given in Starscreams brigade.

I dont think the odds are small at all.

A] theres 21 years
    B] the real volcano the show used as a model underwent pleanty of activity in those 21 years.
    C] it doesnt seem that much in the way of "activity" would have been needed