There will be no true DLC for this Game

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Star Streaker, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

2. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Disc locked maps? Now THAT would be an outrage. Characters are one thing but entire maps? Ooooh, that'll start a mega-bitchstorm.

3. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I really hope that the maps are something that get released to everyone, update unlock. It was one of the annoying things in WFC when people kept on being thrown in and out of matches because they didn't have access to the DLC maps.

4. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somewhat disappointing, if true. But even if I didn't purchase any of the announced DLC (not likely since the Dinobot stuff is rather appealing) I would be pretty happy with what we got in the game.

With the map stuff I hope they find a way to filter it so you don't get placed in a match on a DLC map if you haven't purchased the content. I may not get the DLC right away so having to deal with getting kicked out to the title screen often gets annoying.

5. The Constructicon

With the way they're milking us... I doubt they'll be free. I mean between the three character packs alone that are already on the disc and already set for release next month that's an extra $30, half the price of the game.

They'll probably do two multi-player maps and one escalation for another $10, they'll probably do at least two map packs so there's $50 on top of the game if you intend to buy all the DLC.

6. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think WFC's DLC was a decent value. FoC's is not looking that way. Hopefully those maps are included with the character stuff at a respectable price (although they may have shot themselves in the foot with the first one....5 characters for $10 bucks...if they charge $10 for 5 characters and maps then people will complain about the first one more)

7. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I told you guys...where is the line? Characters, entire maps, what is going to stop them from locking endings or standard features if you guys keep paying for it?

The only bit aside from new maps that they could add will be the Ford Transformer guy. It's about the only real Downloadable content they'll be offering.

8. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Wait, so what exactly is the difference between unlocking content that's already on the disk by paying for it, and paying for something you can download, if the normal game experience is the same in both cases? Seems sort of...petty.

9. The Constructicon

Well people argue that since it's on the disc and we bought the disc, we should have access to what we payed for instead of being charged for it later.

Kind of like buying a car with a big screen TV locked in the trunk, you bought the car, you own everything in it but they want to charge you $20 for the key to open the trunk.

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    But you payed 60 dollars for the game, just like WFC. They didn't charge you extra for the disc locked content.

11. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Dont really care if its disc locked or not. Also, most DLC add something to the disk locked content, seeing how that is often times not yet finished. Also, who says there wont be more DLC than the ones previously announced.

12. The Constructicon

No, they didn't but basically they shorted you on what you could have had. All of the DLC characters for that game were disc-locked too, they just bundled them with map packs so it wasn't as bad.

Usually the reason a game is lacking some features is because they ran out of room, stuffing a disc full and only giving you some of what is on it is generally frowned upon. For instance, if there really are two disc-locked maps, they could have given us 12 maps out of the box but instead thought it would be a good idea to cut us short and charge extra later for something we already own.

I'm not really that angry because I love the game and I want more content but still, it's not very cool of them to jerk people around like that.

13. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I wish they'd give us extra Campaign levels or something really worthwhile.

But then again, they didn't even bother to put in split-screen, I doubt they'd do that much effort.

14. The Constructicon

Seems to me that High Moon makes great games but they're under the thumb of Activision and are forced to do things their way, quick and profitable.

15. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's like buying a sandwich but you can't eat 1/4 of it until you pay more.

You don't get the whole pie. You are basically ripped off. The content is locked from you even though it is already done as a quick way to charge $10 to your $60 premium. It started with skins, but now we enter the realm of entire maps, then maybe quests or storylines, then entire endings and features. It's a slippery slope and eventually consumers need to start fighting back instead of whoring their wallets. Else the industry will start to get away with some serious bullshit.

To point out, this NEVER happened before in games. Content was developed or started development as the title goes gold and release substantial content updates that were considered expansion packs. Now those packs are even smaller, already finished and just sitting on a timer and even MORE of your money to unlock. Things have seriously gone downhill.

16. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    But you don't pay any extra. You aren't any more entitled to the content that's loked o the disk than you are to the average DLC. And none of the actual game was removed and placed into the locked content.

17. The Constructicon

See that's where the debate comes in, who's to say that all of the locked features, characters, maps and more weren't part of the actual game? They fit on the disc, why shouldn't they be available? It's a debate that's gone on and will continue to.

18. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

Tiller, I totally agree...

Oh... and guys, he did warn us.

19. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Okay, so even if the normal game has an equal, if not greater, amount of content as WFC, you'll still argue that you're getting shafted because some extraneous content is locked?

20. The Constructicon

Don't people say that this game is smaller than WFC anyway?

It's not about the amount they give, it's about charging for what you already have.