There will be 8 Transformers movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ganymede2010, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok guys, I just heard the juiciest rumor of all. One of my best friends works for a major insurance company in the S.F Bay Area (Where I.L.M is located). And they handle the medical insurance benefits for Lucas Film and Skywalker Sound employee's. She told me that one of the I.L.M employee's who works in the C.G.I department, said that I.L.M just signed a deal to do 8 Transformers movies, to be shot back to back like Lord of the Rings!!

I'm not asking anyone to believe this. But I definately believe what my friend is telling me. She has no reason to lie, nor is she a film geek, but she knows I am. And called me immediately to tell me once she was told this.

Now this corrosponds with all the phrases that Speilberg has been using. Like "Several Transformers Movies" "Multiple Transformers Movies"

Speilberg has definately been hinting towards more then 3 movies. I know this is he said she said situation but search your feelings, you know this rumor to be true!

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Three words:

HE TELL ME!

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Indeed.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm....sounds interesting. I personally don't like a series of movies to go past 3 seperate movies, but there are a few exceptions to that. This could turn to be good, but, it could also cause that many movies to get borring after a while. I personally hope that whatever they do, they do it good.

5. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    As usual :

1. Take it as pinch of salt

2. Sit back

3. Relax

4. Wait for official announcement

5. Forget

6. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

I usually don't buy into this he said, she said, a friend of a friend stuff. However, if the film is successful after sequel 2 & 3 I don't see a reason why this series can't goto at least 6. Look at Star Wars it went to 6 episodes in the theatre. I'd be in sequel heaven if the the Transformers does the same! :D 

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

8 seems a bit much, I'd like 5 or 6 max

8. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    She wasn't lying, she was just misinformed.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Excellent advice.

10. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

No chance.

And I don't mean that it isn't possible, but there is no way that they are planning for 12+ years. I mean, how do we even know if the franchise will have that kind of staying power? Look at the Matrix. I just don't see Hollywood putting out that kind of dedication to ANY franchise. It seems more like a wait-and-see industry.

11. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Sometimes not even 6. Look at the Star Wars movies. ^^ Or some of the Star Trek, just like...let me think...well, yeah in ST's case 6 movies are actually good.
    but A Tf trilogy sounds nice, why add more movies?

12. nectarsis

nectarsis I have ZAZZZZZZZZZ

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ bthats why :) 

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, sure, but they were spread over 29 years.

14. Heatseeker

Heatseeker ;)

The Matrix died off due to weak plot lines. The first set up what could have been an amazing series. But the second and third films sort of fell flat IMO. Plus, I remember seeing that fight scene between Neo and Agent Smith, in second film I believe, the CGI scene and thinking, "These are video game graphics! I expected better." I think they dropped the ball on the two. It was a shame. I'm still a huge fan but I was disappointed.

Should ILM and Paramount see fit to extend the Transformers movies to 8+ I hope they stick to a strong plot line and do not skimp on the production cost. Make it worth our while. Please. Specially for the long time fans. We already know that Hollywood has run out of original ideas and sequels are the key, but if they're going to do so, please don't try to make a film that is marketed to the numb masses. Give us something to think about afterwards. Something we can "get" but a film that makes us want to see it again and again. There's more to a good movie than big explosions.

Sorry, I think I ranted there.

15. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

This is precisely why I don't think that anybody has committed to 8 films. Making a long-running film series that remains fresh while not straying too far from what made the original film so successful seems incredibly difficult. I mean, most franchises seem to lose alot of steam by the 3rd film. It's not like Transformers is alone on this. Look at X-Men: Last Stand, Spiderman 3, Pirates 3, Harry Potter whatever, Shrek 3, etc. Transformers was a fun film and easily one of the biggest things this summer, but will people still be talking about it when it's Transformers 8: Prime's Revenge?

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Dude, you have to be the biggest sucker alive to believe this. Thanks though I needed a good laugh.

17. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think your friend, who doesn't even follow TFs, misheard the info.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I agree. I've heard lots of "my friend / coworker's friend / the janitor's cat" told me rumours along the way. Given how improbable it is that anyone would commit to 8 movies, I think we'll have to put this in the "not happening" pile.
    Not that I wouldn't want to see lots of TF movies, but think about it - we're talking 2-3 years a movie, a commitment of roughly 16-24 years. Even if you film them back to back, who is to say they're going to have a demand for more movies in a few years time?

With that in mind I'm going to close this. If anyone can find more solid proof than someone saying so (unless it's in an interview) then we can start a new thread. Until then...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.