There really can't be 4th movie.......

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by unicronic, Jul 3, 2011.

1. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    ....after all the driving force behind the Decepticons are dead and whatever is left is not a threat.

There is no way to revive the dead 'Cons as The Matrix is with Optimus and he is unlikely to lend it out. It was stated that there is no other way to revive a Transformer.

There is no room for a prequel as TF1 really doesn't allow for much to be told before hand unless it is on Cybertron - which is very unlikely.

There is only slightly plausible way to continue and that is a new factionless threat that is too strong for the Autobots and requires Megatron to be revived and recruited for the greater good etc.

Even this is unlikely given that the Military have shown themselves to be capable of killing Transformers with relative ease - tomahawk missiles, a parachute and a girl effectively unwound decades of Decepticon planning.

So I think we have to accept that DOTM for better or for worse is the last TF movie we'll see for sometime.

2. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    There could easily be more Decepticons out there, either in space or on Earth, perhaps one of the Seekers is out there, still active somewhere?

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, you can make TF4. It'll take some imagination and maybe pulling some Decepticons from the Marvel G1 Comics or something like that, but it can be done.

4. Oracle_Aesir

News Credits:
    Igor takes command!

5. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

Your name is Unicron and u say there are no enemies left haha

big NO to revivin Megatron again too IMO

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Galvatron seems the popular trend whether a reboot of megs or a totally new character it stands to reason he would be the only thing that could bring a 4th movie. A revival of megs for another round would just be as lame as his appearance in the last 2 movies as someone's bitch.

I could see the "new" threat as Galvatron and his sweeps being decepticons left on cybertron and coming to earth after the failure of moving the planet and now with coordinates and suspicions that something went really wrong they go to investigate.

7. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Sure, but if Megatron has been defeated three times along with The Fallen and Sentinel Prime I really do not see The Seekers or others lasting very long.

8. Oracle_Aesir

News Credits:
    or maybe a Jhiaxus thing could happen, and a whole fleet of lost Decepticons come out of the woodworks to try and Cyberform Earth

9. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    i dont see hasbro using galvatron as he's not as popular as megatron and pretty unknown to non tf fans. I want a reboot if they want more movies, completely new designs, story, director and cast. I wouldnt mind a transformers prime animated movie, as long as they dont kill all the characters.

10. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I don't think, necessarily, that using a character like Galvatron or Thunderwing or another 'Con leader would be a detriment. After all, Christopher Nolan relaunched Batman with Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow, not exactly the first tier of Batman villains.

For that matter, if he's handled right, TF4 could make its own villain. After all, look at movieverse Barricade, who's incredibly popular despite being essentially a new creation for the first movie.

I agree, a reboot SEEMS more likely, depending on who they get in the director's chair, but I don't think it's impossible.

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Thanks for not using spoiler tags.

12. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

At last count by Lennox 200 Cons went through the space bridge at Washington. Most of those spread around the world.

Also I can think of a way to resurrect Megatron without the Matrix. Megatron absorbed the Allspark all but one piece. The piece that revived Jetfire.

Place that piece within Megatron he'll be resurrected more powerful than ever with the complete power of the cube.

Might as well introduce Dark Energon with it.

Errr...

Assume every thread has spoilers

NO NEED TO PUT WORD SPOILERS IN TITLES ANYMORE

Dude you're late!

13. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

They could make a victory movie!

14. Oracle_Aesir

News Credits:
    And no doubt some of the casual fans will be like "WHY IS OPTIMUS A JET NAO!?"?"

15. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok

Your name is Cyclonus and the sweeps you work for a being named...get this

Unicron whom oh no coming to destroy your planet like the Death Star then absorb the Energy from the blast. he already took out Mars on the way over.

16. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

At this point, if the choice is made NOT to re-boot, I'd really REALLY like to avoid Unicron. I just dislike that concept greatly.

I think introducing the New Decepticon Empire, a-la Generation 2, would be a far better idea. Show some autobots arriving to earth in a nearly destroyed ship, after receiving one of Prime's "we are here, we are waiting" messages, claiming that upon Prime leaving Cybertron, Decepticons started a new empire and colonized several planets.

Then have these new Decepticons show up, having followed the autobot ship.

Show some nice flashbacks to encounters with these new Decepticons on the colonized planets, for some non-earth variety, introduce us to the fact that these new Decepticons have invented force-shields which negate projectile based weapons and new, entirely energy based weapons that are FAR more effective, and have a climactic encounter with just a few of them at the end....never showing the new Decepticon leader, only mentioning him by name. Jhiaxus, or Bludgeon perhaps?

Have the autobots and our military get trashed by just 3 or 4 of these new baddies, before they retreat to give word to the main force of the location of another world that meets the requirements for colonization.

It'd introduce some genuine suspense, which has been almost completely absent in these movies, and break the pattern of introducing bigger and bigger craziness in each movie.

17. Oracle_Aesir

News Credits:
    PLus maybe they can introduce city bots or something, like Trypticon for added fun :D 

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The only way it could continue is if more Decepticons in space attack and new Autobots appear.

I mean didn't Prime say that other Transformers were living among the Stars so they could be living on other planets.

Prehaps they can visit other planets like Paradron, Velocitron and Gigantion. Hell they could make into a Space opera.

19. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be awesome to see Transformers become this generations Star Wars, but you know they'd never go for it.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We could have the Cyberton Autobots paying earth a visit to capture Optimus and his crew for war crimes against the Autobot cause. For example, Sentinal's death and the damage to Cyberton (looks like part of it was destroyed when the spac bridge was destroyed.