There Needs to be some 3P Transtech Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by transgeek2345, Apr 20, 2017.

?

Would you purchase Third Party Transtech Figures?

1. Take my money!

33.3%
  2. I'd consider it

50.0%
  3. Nah

16.7%
  1. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

Haha so you're saying you wish you could but can't?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No, I'm saying I have enough crap and I don't need more that I want to buy.

If every 3rd party died after completing the lines I collect now, I would be a happy man.

3. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Scavenger

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'd be totally down for third parties to give Transtech a shot. It would definitely be a big risk on their end but speaking for myself I'd buy 'em. The Transtech designs are just so bizarre and unique, and to this day I think it's kind of a shame that Hasbro never went ahead with the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  4. transgeek2345

...But there is still a "want" in there hahaha

Well I guess Third Parties should wait on your call to cease once you catch up with tour collection ;) 

5. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Yes please. For the love of Dagon, somebody please make something that isn't a wannabe masterpiece from the 84-86 cast.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I would be interested in this only if they can adhere to making the designs very close to what Hasbro was going for. We have seen prototypes of Starscream and Cheetor so we have an example of each faction. There is also at least one hardcopy of an Optimus Prime (Primal?) out there that some selfish fan(s) is/are holding on to. Hopefully that gets to someone who would share history with the fandom instead of hording it like it is some talisman or something. TF @ the Moon was doing a bunch of interesting stuff but it dried up, not sure what happened there. They may very well be a source of more information on this line than we have seen to date.

I would not be interested in wild "interpretations" of what some 3rd party thinks TransTech should have looked like. Hasbro's approach appeared to be very stylized yet a pretty faithful evolution of past forms (Machine Wars Starscream, Beast Machines Cheetor, etc). I would want it to feel right, otherwise it's just something new invented up. Which is fine, but don't call it TransTech or expect it to substitute.

• Like Like x 1
  7. transgeek2345

If theyre worried about no profit I'll buy 5 Transtech figures on the spot if they even attempted it.

I didnt know there was a physical figure of Optimus Primal, never knew someone was holding it either :eek: . I should look for it!

Well I dont know if Transtech is patented, but if they attempt it, I too would hope they try to stick close to both the preproduction resin figures and the stylized comic look provided by TFCC (and the Concept arts as well).[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  8. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What exactly do you expect them to do with it, if not have it in their collection? That's what collecting is.

Do you expect them to invite the entire fandom over to play with it?

9. transgeek2345

I think his frustration comes from the fact that the collector(s?) in question own a heavily contextual figure that is not available to the public, which makes it a "historical piece" that is not being shared, albeit consciously withheld from the public.

He's not saying he should cough up the figure to a museum or anything, but rather it'd be cool to show off and allow fans to see what could have been.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    While I personally have no interest in Transtech figures I certainly can't fault people that do.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least a Cheetor and Starscream since those toys have been occupying "just out of reach" grail territory for what? 15 years?

• Like Like x 2
  12. transgeek2345

I know, and its been a painful fact ever since

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

Mmmm, it's like Transformers and Robotech had a baby.

Not usually the kind of aesthetic I collect, but they look pretty dang nice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Taking pictures and confirming it's existence would be nice. That's all people want.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    If there are no pics, how do you even know it exists?

16. transgeek2345

People probably read a report on it, or there was confirmation of prototypes circulating but no photographic record of them online. If we recall how the internet was around the time of the Beast Era Figures, it wasn't the most reliable.

17. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Rooks Gang Leader

News Credits:
    I'm not really sure you grasp the scope of doing something like this. If you were the only one to buy any figures at all and in order for them to net a nearly over the top breakeven profit, each figure would most likely cost you closer to four digits each.

Without the decimal point.

• Like Like x 1
  18. transgeek2345

See, the thing is, I just remembered that Beast Wars Neo Unicron was in a prototype phase but never made it to production. But just recently a company called Garatron, a third party company, actually took a shot at the ORIGINAL PROTOTYPe and are attempting to recreate that same resin model:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. transgeek2345

But I'm sure I would not be the only one. And to be quite honest, if we run up the daily cost of an average collecting in terms of financial expenses, it can run up just as much. I mean, if we're already paying for the TF figures that interest and intrigue us, why not pay for a figure you REALLY want?

I can see the larger scope. Having intrigue in the idea does not necessarily negate the logic, and as I just posted above, we'd be surprised what 3rd party companies recreate, so it's not far from a possibility.

20. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    This was years ago, when a blogger went to great pains to track down the few existing physical Transtech prototypes to validify their existence. He managed to find those for Starscream and Cheetor, the latter of which was not even known to the public to exist. He also tried to track down Optimus and Megatron prototypes, but wasn't able to convince the owners to let him photograph those.

It's all for the sake of documentation and, as dramatic as it sounds, toy history. These kinds of things just barely ever get revealed, when toy design is one of the most fascinating aspects of the hobby that you barely ever hear about.

• Like Like x 1