There must be an animated season 4

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by blurr/camaro10, May 6, 2009.

1. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    FWIW, I HATE that Kickback's posts contain so much good information and are so logically constructed.

I want to have some hope that Animated is continuing, but he leaves me none.

You win Kickback.

2. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Excuse me for a moment.

*Goes out of the room and laughs a lot, comes back in*

I'm sorry, but I highly doubt that would be the case. :lol 

3. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    The only way i wont be upset with no season 4 is if they announce a awsome Universe show... going back to the old bot styles and not the Armada and all that garbage and updated and awsome Transformers Universe thats what i want!!

4. Miss Frost

Miss Frost Banned

I hate math. You win.

5. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Maybe we will get a surprise at the end of season 3

6. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Damn you and your impecable logic.....*shakes fist*

As to toy costs the the actual toy itself is minimal and the development of each one doesn't cost as much as cutting the steel for the moulds. A steel mould usually costs a minimum of £10,000 per mould. Given how the Animated figures are released and their size/componants its looking like they get a couple of Deluxes per steel, a voyager per steel and it might even be 2 steels for a Leader...depending on the size of the steels they're using.
    There are other factors like different colours of plastic...it also depends if they can inject different plastcis into the same mould on each shot (some machines can, it speeds up production runs)

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kicky is the king of pissing on the cornflakes of senseless optimism. (sigh)

8. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Don't be crushing our dreams with logic Kickback! D8

But you're right...

9. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i would be happy if it continued in comic form, and getting the last of the toys even if they are under the universe banner. even putting last animated toys out though universe shows they do acknowledge the fans, its just that we wont be part of the main focus for awhile again.

10. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I will miss Animated for sure

oh yeah TC I would recommend that you take down that avatar of yours sense you just edited one of mine without permission, just saying.

11. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But did you add in the saving of mold reuse/repaints for years to come, sales of the show on DVD, and what they get from stores for exclusives? I'm not saying your wrong but there might be more to add in.

12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Hopefully we will get some new molds later in universe as there are many characters I'd love to see figures of. More than likely we will get some repaints and remolds next year at botcon.

13. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Re-using and repainting a mold still costs money - just not as much because the mold already exists. Retooling costs a bit more, and is reliant on how many new molds versus repaints are coming around the same time.

Sales on DVD will go more towards Cartoon Network, Paramount (they do distribute Animated on DVD, don't they?), the writers, the voice talent, and so forth, enough that Hasbro's "profits" from the DVD aren't nearly as big as people think they are.

Store exclusives are actually more beneficial to the store. Hasbro sells "repaint exclusives" cheap to the stores, cheaper than their normal case assortment, if the store agrees to take on xx amount of the product. Stores will look at what type of "specials" they want to have, or exclusives, or sales, and factor in what demographic or category of product needs a boost in sales or is selling well, and takes it from there. Take Target for example. I guarantee you they didn't pay $24.99 per Shockwave or Sunstorm. Or $20. Or $15. I estimate their deal cost them anywhere from $7 to $12 for each one of those figures. Hasbro's cost to reuse those molds with new colors is minimal, so they either broken even or made a small profit, and improved a working relationship with Target for making the deal good for both sides.

There's even more than that to add in ... the shipping of the product from China to the United States. The cost of product packaging and merchandising. The marketing costs of the product. The "purchase" of retail space from the big retailers like WalMart, Target, and Toys'R'Us. The varying costs of each figure going up and down depending on the type of plastic, the type of paint, and the cost of the mold based on its unique engineering and play-patterns. The fact that the toy hardly goes from "paper to toy" without going through a number of changes, of which costs time, which then costs money.

Animated, on any level, is not cheap to make :)  And thus, its success is very important, because if it fails to succeed, then it's going to be a quick-sinking ship. And at BotCon, we'll find out either way what was the nail in Animated's coffin.

14. Aurora Bluewolf

Aurora Bluewolf Aurora Bluewolf

i hope they make a fourth season, even if it's after the movie has come and gone. who knows? maybe the movie will give it that nudge it needs... and if cartoon network and hte other networks that play it will boost it to a better time. jerks. we need more transformers! you got like 3 blasted hours of repeats! you can give up one of those time slots!

15. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Hasbro would still have made a profit....not even improving a working relationship is worth not making a profit for.
    The trade priceis probably about right, but the price it costs hasbro to make (after shipping, transporting, warehousing and distibution) will only be half of that price if not less so hasbros cost of a Voyager would be around $4 to $7

A loose rule is to double the cost at each if something costs a factory $2.50 to produce, the manufacturer will buy it for $5 and sell it to a retailer at $10 and the retailer sell it for $20.
    So if you're now asking why Hasbros only store has higher prices than the stores and never reduces prices its because retailers wouldn't buy from them if they were being undercut online al the time. Hasbro store makes a way bigger profit than selling to stores at trade but it would erode its main buisness if it was bigger than it is now.

As for repaints they're vastly cheaper to produce than new moulds or retools. The major cost in any new figure is cutting the steel mould but then the cost is split the higher the production run.

16. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    I don't know, but wasn't it Hasbro that didn't want Cartoon Network to renew Animated? If that IS true, then doesn't that mean they either want to kill Animated, or keep it for their new channel?

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I would have liked to have a season 4 to Animated, but... maybe, just maybe, after all the movie hype and if they don't end season 3 in a satisfactory ending, leaving a whole bunch of loose threads, they might return to doing more Animated?

Highly doubtful, but... at least we can all keep dreaming, can't we?

18. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    At TFCon, I believe Hasbro said it's up to Cartoon Network to renew it or not.

Keep two things in mind --

1 ) There's a lot of time between ROTF being released and the fall 2010 start of their cable network.

2 ) Animated can always show up in Universe just like other lines have and even the Animated legends class figures have.

Even if TFA dies after season 3, we can hope for new figures just like their wish to make a new Rhinox figure in Classics 3.0 since his figure from the original BW doesn't match totally with what was on the screen. (Search the news articles / boards postings for this reference but I do recall this old news.)

Public tastes, management, and even network ratings can change things quickly. However, if season 4 is to start next spring, they have to get started in the next month or so.

19. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

I thought all the writers were let go? Isn't that, sadly, conclusive proof that the show is over? Hope springs eternal, but it sounds like Animated is done.

20. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Hope NEVER springs eternal when Kickback is around.

:wink: