There is just too much stuff to buy this year, and it hurts...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by GogDog, Apr 15, 2008.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    This year is breaking me, and it's not even half over. I have already preordered the Yamato 1/60 YF-21, and I going to preorder the 12" RAH Motoko Kusanagi, I preordered something pricey for my friend (which I won't post in case he's spying on me...), There are a crapload of must-get Revoltechs, I NEED the Gokin Tachikoma with posable Motoko....

And Animated isn't even out yet. I'm going to have to restrain myself and get a select couple of figures. (Yeah right. I tell myself that now...)

Seriously, there is so much good stuff coming out lately. Its a good time to be a collector of pricey stuffs... It's just really starting to hurt my wallet...

2. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I decided to skip animated and classic after I decided to switch my focus on SOC and SOC SPEC, even if I am tempted I will only get one or two. It takes strong will to hold yourself though :D .

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Now that Marvel Legends is over, G.I. Joe is the only thing (thankfully) claiming my money. I'll probably pick up a couple of Animated figs, but that's it.

4. GogDog

News Credits:
    We're in the same boat then. I have some SOC stuff, and it can get expensive. Luckily for me, I have the only SOC that I NEEDED (GunBuster). But everything on my list is over $150. I need some overtime...

5. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I remember someone said once you dipped your foot into soc pool, you get addict. First I only wanted Baikanfu now look what I did ? I got Godmars & Black Sarena with Baikanfu and Dancouga both coming and now I am eagerly wait for Daimos and L-Gaim. :D 

6. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I feel yer pain GogDog.

I just paid for my YF-21 preorder a couple of weeks ago. Plus I recently added the Wave SDF-1, Yamato SV-51 (the price was too good to pass up), and Megahouse Ride Armors.

I don't even want to think about the new VF-1S, Destroid Tomahawk, and eventual Frontier VF-25's right now.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I hate being overwhelmed by new stuff. Not only does it hurt the wallet, but it hurts my space as well. I won't even fathom collecting anything Japanese these days. Animated, GI Joe, Robot Heroes, Super Hero Squad, and select Star Wars. Hasbro owns my soul.

8. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    This year's a good time to be extra choosy then.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here! Medicom's Kenshiro, Goku, Raiden and Revoltech's Fist of the Northstar line is gonna give my wallet a serious pounding and I haven't included the TF reissues that I will be picking up! :( 

10. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't even dare to dip myself into the SOC pool, no matter how tempted i am! heck i even avoid the SOC thread here in TFW. lest i get sucked right in & there's no way out :D . i'm already knee-deep into the whole Brave thing.

That said we're all spoilt for choice this yr. as for me i'm already awaiting for my Genesic GGG reissue next mth, just pre-ordered the reissue Metroplex, the upcoming CMS Brave Gokin Super Fire Dagwon, looking forward to lots of TFs (i.e Animated, Classics 2.0 etc) & tracking down other Braves stuffs too <sigh>.

Yep..it hurts :( 

11. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Every time I think there's nothing more I "need", I discover some new collectible or series (from transformers to SoC's... now 1/6th figures... argh!). On top of that, I keep having to buy new shelves.

I really feel like I should start selling off my old stuff, there's just no place for some of it and I don't really touch a lot of them anymore.

Still, when it comes down to it, it's only money. Easy come, easy go.

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fortunately I have avoided getting into "super japanese expensive lines" with maybe the exception of picking up some Encores. Still, with animated, universe, movie premiums, and the aforementioned encores, AND all the GI joe 25th Ann. line, AND the Halo line, AND the Neca turtles, AND some revoltech, and other various things like the Gears of War figures... I'm spending a lot... but to be honest the biggest problem is room. I have so many things I want to display but can't, and the storage for stuff that I can't display is even getting limited. I'm not even a completist but it's still piling up.

13. GogDog

News Credits:
    Yup. For CHristmas, my roommate bought me shelves. :) 

And I am also going to have to start selling stuff. I have so much stuff, mostly smaller figures, that I realize now were simply impulse buys. As I collect more and more, I realize that I just need to get the stuff that I love, and everything else can just look pretty in pictures on websites. I just don't have room, and I can't justify it anymore.

14. Lunar_Convoy

Lunar_Convoy Special Ops Captain

that's exacctly how I feel