There is a god "Arrested" is happening

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ironhide2005, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Greatest news ever in HISTORY! screenrant.com/arrested-development-movie-happening-sandy-68866/

Can't frickin wait.

2. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I hate to be a killjoy, but I would discourage getting too excited. Since pretty much the day of AD's cancellation, various people involved with the series have assured us that there will be a movie. All this assurance has been identical to the recent story: someone close to production assures us that it'll happen, without providing any concrete evidence.

Jeffrey Tambor, Jason Bateman, Mitch Hurwitz, Ron Howard, and now Will Arnett keep the hope alive without any specifics.

I love AD. I continue to lament how Fox mishandled it. However, news like this is not solid unless it comes in the form of, "Fox officially hires [insert name] as Arrested Development director" or "[Insert name] hired to polish Arrested Development script" or "The cast of Arrested Development has signed contracts to begin shooting on [insert date]." THAT'S the only news that will convince me the movie is happening.

I count at least 8 times where I got excited because of the movie only for it to fall through yet again. At the moment, I just can't bring myself to care anymore about another empty promise. The show was 3 seasons of bliss, and nothing will ever take away from that.

3. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Going to have to agree with Lord of Tetris. Until we see a shot of the entire cast on set and in wardrobe with a script that clearly says "Arrested Development: The Movie," it ain't happening.

4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I only hope this stays true, I hated that show so much. I REALLY don't want to have to put up with the media blitz surrounding a movie. However if a movie gets made, and it tanks big time, it would bury this crap for good.

5. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    Uhh...is this sarcasim or do you just have no sense of humor?

6. lars573

Not sarcasm, I hated that show. Never found it funny. Most of the characters pissed me off, like Seinfeld. You AD fans really need to stop your bitching, yours is not the only funny sitcom to get "FOXed." Titus had the same thing happen to it. I loved that show.

7. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I liked AD, but I didn't really discover how good it was until after it's demise. Saw only one or two mid-season one eps and didn't like it much. For me it joins the ranks of Family Guy and Fire Fly as shows I just didn't catch until they were canceled.

But, where it differs.... I don't really think AD needs anything else. I'm not for or against a movie. If one gets made I'll definatly pick up the Blu Ray... but wouldn't bother going to see it. AD had three great seasons... and that's enough for me in this case.

8. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

If only Firefly would have gotten 3 seasons.... but I'm with you I don't really think AD needs a movie. IMO sitcoms translate to movies worse than most TV to movie projects.

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I get not liking something. But damn, man, why actively hope it doesn't happen or that it fails? How will it hurt you?

Also: "media blitz"... :lol  . Yeah, I'm sure there will be round-the-clock press conferences pre-empting all your favorite shows.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  10. lars573

I hold a grudge. Even against something as ephemeral as a TV show. As it already upset my sensibilities.

I mostly mean TV spots. Youth in revolt ads made want to take an axe to the TV.

11. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If you are wanting to take an axe to your own TV either you watch way too much TV or you are not taking your meds. :p 

But yes, unless they start shooting I will take this as another rumor. If a movie is made I will be there opening day.

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow. That's just... well, nutty is what it is.

You should take up a hobby to occupy your mind. Hey, have you heard about those transforming robits? I bet they're fun.

13. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arrested Development is one of the greatest shows in tv history, and Fox blue it. :p  <--Hey look, it's Tobias! I, like any other fan of AD/smart comedy welcome this long-rumoured movie, but as Tetris has stated there have been way too many false-starts to be getting our hopes up.

If the movie doesn't pan out, there always money in the banana stand.

14. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

As might be carefully deduced, I'm.... a little bit of a fan of Arrested Development. When Fox cancelled it.... they made a huge mistake.

While I worry about a standalone feature film's ability to capture the charm and brilliance of the show (especially after a few years have gone by), I remain optimistic. I could even do without Michael Cera making an appearance (since reports a while back implied he was the one hold-out).

We'll see. I'll believe it when I see it. Till then, at least we've got three great seasons, and the show got to go out on a high note. That's more than some shows get.

15. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Well, if the movie never gets made, oh well. I'm tired of getting my hopes up.

However, David Cross did just sign on to Will Arnett's new upcoming comedy, so that'll be something TANGIBLE to look out for in the near future.

16. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I thought they said I was for sure never going to happen.:confused:  Quit playing with my emotions Arrested Development! :cry 

17. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    That or he is trying to renact Pink Floyd The Wall
    To be honest I think it will be better on the big screen as Jason Bateman pointed out that the jokes are all callbacks to other jokes from other episodes. So you have to pay attention to every detail and watch the episodes in a row. But whatever happens, happens but from the sound of the article it seems all that needs done is to figure out a schedule and to finish a script.

Oh and P.S. for the AD fans out there did Juno piss you off Jason and Michael in the same movie YET not together on screen ONCE!! BS!