There Are Still So Many Characters To Be Made That I Need

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by graymer, Sep 21, 2012.

1. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

In visiting many of the threads in this and the 3P forums, I've noticed a lot of commentary regarding the narrowing scope of characters the fandom desires for their collection.

Just looking at my list here, I still need a Classics version of the following:

Gears
    Trailbreaker
    Skids
    Hoist
    Slag
    Sludge
    Snarl
    Swoop
    Topspin
    Twin Twist
    Galvatron
    Blitzwing
    Shockwave
    Roadbuster
    Whirl
    Omega Supreme
    Ratbat
    Menasor
    - Dead End
    - Breakdown
    - Wildrider
    - Drag Strip
    - Motormaster
    Predaking
    - Razorclaw
    - Rampage
    - Headstrong
    - Tantrum
    - Divebomb
    Gnaw
    Trypticon
    Pipes
    Swerve
    Tailgate
    Steeljaw
    Ramhorn
    Defensor
    - Streetwise
    - Groove
    - Blades
    - First Aid
    - Hot Spot
    Broadside
    Sandstorm
    Sky Lynx
    Metroplex

I recognize that some of the minibots and combiners are in development, but to me there are tons still out there that I am either A) not satisfied with their rendition, B) been clamoring for a while for companies to start making, or even C) unaware of. Characters like Galvatron and Shockwave obviously have some figures out, but none have really nailed the proper Voyager size and designs for my liking.

What do you guys think?

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I think you want them more than you need them.

Really though, Trailbreaker and Hoist are covered by the Legends figures. It's not ideal, but the option is there.

Menasor and Broadside are upcoming FansProject sets.

You left Huffer out of your list, which either means you have the BotCon figure or the PCC. If you have the BotCon figure, then Cybertron Armorhide is the obvious choice there for Pipes. For the PCC, you could always do an easy repaint.

Aside from those, many of the character you listed are why I got into customizing. Just don't forsee Hasbro or TakaraTomy making toys I'd be happy with for Omega Supreme, Metroplex, and Trypticon. Also don't care for the available options for Galvatron or Shockwave either, though Shockwave is a bit easier of a custom just needing arms on the Energon figure after all.

3. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    This is why I think the Transformers line is going to be strong for a good while to come. There is a lot to still be done.

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Sometimes it sounds like the fans just want Diaclone reissues with Knees.
    the mindset is to slavish and from a creative standpoint I think that would make the classics line actually less fun than it has been.

I like the sculpts and the new Transformations. They are living retro comic book color on my shelves. Perhaps we ask for a lot of Transformers as a product of our time in G1's later cycle when Entirely new rosters of Autobots and Decepticons were brought in every year; which kind of backfired here in the U.S. when the characters that brought people to the Brand like Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream were not on store shelves anymore. Everybody was to new and the concepts were getting a little experimental, or arguably lazy.

Hasbro is avoiding this crash again by constantly letting the core characters get new toys. Then they work on the fringe fan focused figures that hit heavier in later case assortments. It's a cycle that keeps the brand healthy and also leaves room for anything to be possible if it continues on long enough. We've gotten a large amount of characters covered and the engineering and art style Has rampantly changed from the 2006 classics to the present day.

When they do your favorite character it may take a while. But the'yll do it with the class, materials and style at the time.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  5. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:

or Hasbro will just continue to piss a steady stream of Bumblebee into our faces like they have been doing since 2007

6. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    30th Anniversary is in 2014, just fifteen short months away. Maybe they will do it early like they did with Joe's 30th to avoid conflict with the movie 4 line (funny enough they celebrated Joe's 30th early to avoid conflict with the Retaliation movie, which then got pushed back nearly a year). Some of the big gaps should be filled by then, Trailbreaker, Hoist, and Skids should have deluxes by then. Hopefully a better Galvatron (Voyager scale) will happen.

+-MWG-+

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'm ok with FoC Shockwave for now. Minibots are being done so I don't need to worry about that. Predacons, Stunticons, and Broadside are also being done and I think I'll buy those TFC Starcat Dinobots in G1 colors. Defensor I never really cared about so I'm in no rush to get him.

What I want the most is a Blitzwing. Goddamn it official or third party I don't care, someone just make a good Classics toy of him already. Also wanting a voyager Galvatron to go with my Protector. The deluxe doesn't cut it in so many ways.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a good thing. Without this list there'd be so much less to hope for from the future.

9. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ill throw six shot in mix also love to see him done right

10. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I noticed you listed Twin Twist, Topspin, Roadbuster, and Whirl in your list. Are you not counting the repaints of the FOC Combaticons? They're probably the closest we'll get to more classics Wreckers. Plus, though they are repaints of CDT Hotshot and Cybertron Sideways respectively, we did get a Roadbuster and Ratbat in Universe 2.0.

I'd still love a Trailbreaker though.....

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Hold your breath for that Classics Trypticon. That's real likely.

12. QmTablit

Because that's all the Universe'08 and Generations lines were, right? Bumblebee?

RTS- nothing but Bumblebee, too.

:rolleyes: 

13. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    May as well be. I almost never saw figures from those lines because of swarms of yellow cameros.

14. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good news is that looks to be changing. These are toys for kids and kids love bumble bee.

15. QmTablit

Well that's just an outright lie. There's no way that would have been the case.

Universe '08 was out before the RotF flood. And the only thing that would have kept you from RTS figures were Tuner Mudflaps.

No Bumblebees.

16. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep. Lots of characters.

Vroom
    Doubleheader
    Tote
    Greaser
    Sprocket
    Roadblock
    Slog
    Hosehead

...the list goes on.

G1 is more than just 1984-1986.. So much more.

17. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    charactors that immedietly spring to mind that hasbro needs to make toys of, either for the first time or for modern times:

Sky Lynx-Leader Class
    Slag, Swoop, Snarl-Deluxe
    Sludge-ultra
    Trailbreaker/Hoist-deluxe make one a redeco of the other
    Motormaster-voyager
    Deadend and Wildrider-deluxe
    Shrapnel and Bombshell-deluxe
    Blitzwing-voyager
    Broadside-ultra
    Omega supreme-ultra
    g1 sharkticon-deluxe
    a proper classics Sentinel Prime
    The DJD
    Rung
    Jhiaxus
    Nova Prime
    Dai Atlas
    Star Saber
    Victory Leo
    all of the hearts of steel designs
    all of the ww2 designs from the vs gi joe crossover

18. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I will be content with the following:

Deluxe class:

Arcee
    Blitzwing
    Gears (Legends class is okay too)
    Hoist (Trailbreaker remould)
    Trailbreaker

Time to move on; Classics has been going since 2006. How long did Binaltech last? They will probably think of something to reboot Classics soon; I think they are already doing it using the Masterpiece toy line.

19. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

The only character that hasn't been done that we all need is, quite obviously, Autobot X.

20. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I would buy the shit out of an Autobot x
    *lightbulb appears over head*
    make an Autobot X build a figure, kinda like how bw10th had Transmutate, one twist i would add though? give the parts themselves some functionality with the figure, after all Sparkplug did make X out of "Spare parts" why not pack in an extra, interchangeable arm with a new Prowl? give Prowl two options for the arm, one with a hand and one with a grappling hook tool or whatever gimmick hand prowl had in the toon, whichever one is not in use is then integrated into Autobot X. do a few waves of figure like this, Prowl with an arm, Ironhide with a leg, Gutcruncher with a pelvis and so on until finally one can build their own somewhat personalised Autobot X. (also, this idea would work a lot better if Hasbro dosen't shortpack anyone, folk cant build their Autobot X properly if there is only one Gutcruncher per case)