Theory Time!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ritesh_Prime, May 25, 2007.

1. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    Oh Yes it is time for one of Ritesh_Primes awesome Theorys people!

Well in G1 they didn't really focus on a character, most of them only had like one line, I mean in most of the episodes you didn't hear any of the other Characters speak, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker mostly, you would see those two, but most of the time they never said anything, except a few episodes.

I could name more, but I am tired lol.

My guess is that, that is what they are doing with the movie, not having some of the Minor Transformers say much.

Well thats my theory...

Feel free to disagree :) 

2. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Again in defence of the movie (fool that I am!), this rich characterisation some people take for granted in the Transformers was formed over 20 years of exposure in various media (mostly the comics). Taking just the G1 animated series, there was very little in the way of charaterisation (as you said!)

OPTIMUS PRIME: noble
    MEGATRON: maniacal & evil
    WHEELJACK: 'mad inventor' (barely touched upon)
    STARSCREAM: coniving backstabber
    IRONHIDE: cantankerous yet... noble?
    BUMBLEBEE: er... noble (again) big brother
    JAZZ: wisecracking and.. noble
    GEARS: gruff but noble
    HUFFER: whiner
    SKYWARP: gruff and nasty
    SUNSTREAKER: vain
    RUMBLE: punk
    LASERBEAK: eh?

So basically we have invested all these characters with their personalities over time and from various sources (comics, resource books, tech-specs etc.).

So I like to think that for the film, we'll similarly have the blanks filled in by toy packaging, comics, books etc. simply because two hours of screen time can no more give every character decent exposure than the original series could.

3. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    Redsquadron I agree completely!!!!!!!!!

All we need now is a little hope and alot of Fish.

(Yes... I did say that... lol. Sorry me being tired is beginning to effect my brain :|)