Theory on rotf devastator toy.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatronski, Jun 26, 2009.

1. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    We all keep thinking rotf supreme devvy sucks because of no individual robot modes and the other constructicon toys not combining. well, in the movie, the vehicles that form devs dont have appearances in robot mode, while the other constructicons are runnin around during while devs i combined.
    so hear is my point.

SUPREME DEVASTATOR=Movie accurite.
    SEPARATE CONSTRUCTICONS=Just as accurate.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    supereme devastator doesnt actually resemble the movie devastator much at all. not in physical appearance, not in proportions, and not in transformation.

it's not movie accurate. especially since it's only made up of six constructicons.

why are you trying to defend that piece of garbage?

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    (wtf double post?)

4. newguy

newguy i

I agree ^^^^^
    His face isn't even red, and the pictures show him on 2 legs not 4. He better atleast have some graple hooks.

5. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    It seems that since movie Soundwave does not turn into a robot, some customers are interested in paying $100 for a Soundwave toy that cannot turn into a robot.

The Legend Scavenger has the movie accurate transformation of splitting the scoop arm to form the shoulders. The $100 Devastator uses the scoop arm to form the scrotum instead. The Legend Scavenger is movie accurate and can also turn into a robot.

6. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

are you serious? there is no complete movie accuracy in the toys...

the movie only has a limited time to show the audience the robots AND carry the story. what's not to say the components do not have their own respective botmodes? if you say the supreme devs is movie accurate, he might as well be a power rangers power zord since they lack any other mode other than leg mode or arm mode. what we have in supreme devs is just a facsimilie combination, pretty much the same with EZ devy but EZ devy has got a lot more of the accuracy and accomplishes giving each bot a separate form as was originally implied

i'm not saying supreme devs sucks, but if i had to choose which devy i would but, then i'd take legends class, i'd be saving a lot more on a combining robot.

7. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

While your argument is defintiely possible, it really seems to boil down more to greed. Why can't they simply make the Constructicons transform into their alt modes and into Devastator? Why do I have to pay all that extra money and have practically two of the same toy.

8. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

the bulldoser toys is yellow but should be red.

9. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Fair point, I was thinking the same thing, inititally - it turns out the mega-pricey Devastator is "accurate", in terms of combing non-transforming vehicles.

BUT, it isn't especially accurate in many other respects (appearance, proportions); I see your point, but gotta side with the folks who wished we had an oversized and transforming Movie Devy, for that money. Or, that that R&D cash had gone towards making the normal transforming Constructicon toys combine.

Shame, because that could have been a massive thing of awesome. Still, Legends/EX Devastator it is :) 

10. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i wonder if that devastator also had that ahem, two hanging things under there like in the movie. agent simmons sure got a nice glimpse of that.

11. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I'm still crossing my finger's we'll have some sort of movie accurate Devastator figure.
    Whether its Robot Replicas, or a Titanium series, anything would do.

12. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

the legonds one looks better. i hope they reles it here as a voyager fig.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Supreme Devs sucks because they had to do one thing and they couldn't do another:

1. They had to shoehorn in an electronic-savvy gimmick into him, it's standard on all TF toys in the mass retail market over $20 it seems (save Human Alliance toys). So Mixmaster can't do much more than sit on top of the combiner because the big face hides in the mixer barrel and he's carrying the majority of the electronics in him as well.

2. And they probably couldn't figure out a way as to how to engineer Overload (the missing 7th member) because they probably couldn't get his articulated dump truck mode to have the piviot point connecting the trailer and cab sections while still having him combine, and so they chose the third, lazy option and jsut didn't bother putting him in anymore.

I'm sticking with the Legends because it can't have electronics, therefore it's a better toy, even if it's smaller than Wheelie.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Supreme Devs, while not movie accurate, isn't too far off, imo. The legs and arms seem to be decent compared to the on-screen look. It's the torso and head that are less accurate. The Legends Devs looks a lot more accurate, but still not completely there. At the very least it gets the proportions down a bit better, and has both torso bots worked into it.

Rampage? The Rampage that forms Devastator's leg is yellow, which makes the Deluxe version make sense. We've seen a listing for a red Rampage (that's what it said in place of a name), so it looks like we'll be getting both colors for the bot design (most of the other listings from that same news post have turned out to be true).

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Supreme Devastator barely even resembles Devastator at all.

It just looks... weird.

16. butz

butz slippery when wet

I just wish his face had red paint apps on it; you can see from looking at pictures of him that there are areas sculpted into the face that would be perfect for it.

17. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    After seeing the movie, I am now ok with the individual devy peices not haveing individual robot modes. Although more accurate paint apps would have been nicer. Depending on how badd-ass looking he is in person, I may have to pick him up.

And also wtf about the yellow rampage that hasbro released. I can kind of get it when the went to the bottom of the ocean to get megs and he was yellow, but when he was harassing sam's parents he was red.

18. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    The one who was used for parts was a yellow volvo excavator and not Scrapper.
    The Rampage who went to the ocean was a red Rampage. This can be seen on the top view. Red Rampage is beside Long Haul and Long Haul vehicle is 2x as long as Red Rampage.
    In the movie, Long Haul is a giant so if you follow this scale, the right leg of Devastator will always be longer.
    The $100 Devastator toy cheats on the scale to make short Gorilla legs out of the giant Long Haul and Rampage. Both the Long Haul toy and Rampage toy are the smallest ones of the bunch.
    Scrapper is also very small in the movie and he is about the size of Rampage. In the movie, Mixmaster is about the same size as Scrapper and Scavenger is only slightly bigger.
    In the $100 Devastator toy, Scrapper and Hightower are both longer to make the extra long arms that can touch the ground just like a Gorilla.
    In the $100 Devastator toy, Mixmaster is also bigger than Scrapper to have that large gorilla head.
    In the movie, both Scavenger and Overload are used so Scavenger is only slightly larger than the others.
    In the $100 Devastator toy, Scavenger is about 3x the size of the giant Long Haul bec. they omitted Overload. Scavenger has to be bigger to be a surrogate for Overload also. In the movie, Long Haul is the giant altho Scavenger is also quite large particularly in robot mode as seen in Demolishor who dwarfs Optimus.
    The $100 Devastator toy is no good bec. it is missing Overload. I am a completist and I don't like incomplete toys.
    I cannot buy the $100 Devastator bec. I feel great pain every time I realize Overload is missing from the set. I am sure the Devastator will go on sale but I am really pained by the missing Overload and I feel the gaping hole in Devastator where Overload should be.

19. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm actually okay with Devs being his own TF and having a "hive mind" similar to what I thought the Arcee combiner originally might of had. However, I'm not okay with the $100 price tag, especially since transformation gripes aside, he still doesn't look that good. If he hits the clearance shelves, I'm there. If not, its an easy pass because that $100 could easily go to multiple figures.

20. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

i'm sticking to he Generic Constructicon Units names, like "Devastator teams" "rampage units" "long Haul units" and "scavenger and Demolishor units"

i think it's more of a seekers-rainmakers thing