Theory On June Darby *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Here's my theory on June Darby

SPOILERS

I read that a clip was shown at Botcon showing her meeting the Autobots. So she's going to become aware of their existence. She's also a nurse. So I am wondering if she is going to be paired with Ratchet? There is an episode coming up called "Partners". So I am wondering if that is the episode where she will be paired with him.

Now I really don't like this idea. I think it's really stupid and I really hope the writers are not taking this route. I really don't like the idea of her even knowing the bots, but it looks like that's what's going to happen. But I like even less her having an active role in the Autobot's affairs like Jack, Miko, and Raf have. Writers, if you are doing this, I think this is dumb and Jack's mom's role should be minimal at best.

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Its an okay idea.... i guess but, why did you leave a big gap when you could use spoiler tags?

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    "Here is my idea, it is dumb"

How am I supposed to reply to that?

4. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

It's an idea I fear the writers are using and I hope you can enlighten me that it may be wrong. For some reason, TF writers love to get the kid's parents involved. It's been done in G1, though that wasn't too bad. It was done with Sam's parents in the movies and is a plot development I could have done without. Sam's mom at least should have not had much of a role, especially given her behavior especially when high. And now I fear they are going to make Jack's mom a regular. Having her as a nurse? I'm just smelling a teamup with Ratchet.

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    You forget that her job may need her to be able to get to the hospital quickly at ANY time, so I don't think she'll be hanging out with the Autobots at a base that's so far away from the hospital that you can't even see any buildings.

6. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    They do have the ground bridge though.

7. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    Because a giant green portal opening up in the parking lot is totally inconspicuous?

8. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Well they felt comfortable bridging Jack within walking distance of his home in Darkness Rising.

I'm sure there'd be some place to bridge her so no one would notice.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'm not realy seeing the problem with her finding out about the Autobts. I'm actually kind of interested in seeing how she reacts to it.

Was it actually ever established that she worked at a hospital? Or did we all just assume that?

I can't remember.

10. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    Well, she's a nurse, so there's that.
    Plus, the new preview clip showed her walking out of a clearly labeled hospital.

11. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Ah...I have not actually watched the new clips yet.

12. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the writers aren't going to add her to main cast. We have too many lame humans as it is with the exception of Jack, Fowler and Silas. Why can't Jack be the only human?

13. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Cause it's boring if there's no humans for him to interact with. Also it screws up the whole analogy of how the humans relate to the fans of the different Transformers incarnations.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well just keep Jack, Fowler and Silas. These 3 are entertaining. Raf and Miko especially are lame.

15. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Yeah, but do we need Jack's mom becoming a main cast member and teaming up with a bot? If Jack's mother was just any ole person, I would think of her role more akin to Sam's father in the movies: she knows about the bots and becomes involved only every now and then but is primarily in the background. However, why make her a nurse working in a hospital of all professions with a doc bot in the series. I don't know. It's suggesting the possibility that she could be teamed up with Ratchet. But I just can't see her and Ratchet together. They don't seem to have much chemistry.

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Smack yourself before I have to. You're treating this partnership with Ratchet and her becoming a main human like it's confirmed. Why couldn't she just be like Fowler? He's important but you don't see him in a prominent role every episode.

Again, it would screw up the hilarious analogy. Also they need to have a girl for the purposes of feminism and they need a young boy to appeal to the real little kids.

17. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Do we even know anything about June's personality outside of "caring mother"?

18. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    Chemistry? We're not talking about shipping here. Just because they have similar roles doesn't mean they have to end up together. You make it seem like she's the only nurse on television. In any case, I'm sure June Darby will just end up being a recurring character.
    Anyways, Ratchet doesn't have chemistry with anyone.

19. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Chemistry doesn't have to be anything romantic. It's just refers to how well two characters relate to eachother and go together. Outside of having medical occupations, I don't think Ratchet and June would go together. At least not nearly as well as Jack and Arcee. Again, it's not a romantic thing.

20. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

The only thing that scares me is the fact that you have a human nurse who's going to know the bots soon in a show with a doc bot. I hope that wasn't intentional as in wanting to pair her and Ratchet up. I prefer if she just shows up once in awhile and isn't the Autobots' buddy like the teens are.