Theory on a Deluxe DOTM Wheeljack toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, May 28, 2011.

?

Wheeljack DOTM toy? Would you buy an Eistein headed Transformer toy?

1. Yes, a DOTM Wheeljack toy with Enstein head would be awsome

40 vote(s)
    87.0%
  2. No, I hate that there would be an Eistein toy of Transformers

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I've just been wondering and dreaming abut a Deluxe DOTM Wheeljack (if there is one). I know for a fact there are rumours, as there are on Mirage and Soundwave. But it is hard to believe when the computer says Luxury Car, Like what does that even mean for a Mercedes. I even read the Graphic novel and there is no other Robot that is like a Luxury car besides Wheeljack.

Now from what I see in the Decription of what it might look like I'm guess his Transformation will be simple. His Mech Tech weapon might just be the staff behind him in the trailer. Now it's hard to think of about the head when he looks like Albert Einstein. I'll post a poll asking who would want a transformer toy that looks like Albert Einstein. From what I could find in books, Wheeljack had Different heads. There's this original Einstein one, there is the one that looks like Einstein one but looks younger, no mustach, no glasses, no white hair, then there is the head from Rising Storm comic. What do you think the head will be like?

From my perspective, I would buy Wheeljack if there is a toy of him, but who else would? Would Wheeljack just be one of those Transformer toys that stays one the shelf forever?

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Hasbro don't care retailers have to order it anyway.

If they complain enough, Hasbro will take the leftovers back and then build the cost of that back into whatever toy line is next.

Of course Wheeljack is happening. Bringing it up again and again isn't going to get you answers any quicker.

3. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I can try.

I've asked many thing many time and it happened.

4. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If he has the Einstein head in the movie which he does. Then his toy will look like that. And there will be a toy of him in some size or more.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That's the point. Retailers aren't going to know the difference between Wheeljack from Sideswipe when ordering the things. Those listing names are more for descriptive purposes, because it's easier to refer to a Transformer by its alt. mode (I.E. "Luxury Car") than it is by name because the term "Luxury Car" could refer to only the ONE Luxury car transformer, while Wheeljack could mean ANY figure.

It's a moot point anyway, since as you point out it's obvious to us fans who it has to be, so why should you care?

STOP WITH THE POLLS FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! We don't need another pol about Einstien bot, especially from you since you've started like seven polls about him already! It's not like your poll would be worth anything anyway, since regardless of whatever the fandom wants by this point the Wheeljack toy WILL look like what it will look like, Einstien head or not.

Uh...like Einstien, like WHAT WE'VE ACTUALLY SEEN IN THE TRAILERS AND LEAKED PHOTOS? The comics mean NOTHING when it comes to making movie toys. NOTHING.

Why the hell would you suggest making a poll about wether or not someone would buy a toy because of the head looking like einstien when you yourself say you're going to buy it regardless? Need I remind you that you ALSO once said you hated the Einstien had so much that you wanted to try making your own wheeljack from a Generations Wheeljack head stuck on a movie Bumblebee body?

Look, the movie comes out in a month, we'll know everything when it does hit theaters, surely YOU of all people can wait THAT long, right?

You also annoy the **** out of everyone because you keep asking the same questions over and over. If you keep asking the question and the answer IS going to come out eventually, your question will get answered, but only at the same time everybody ELSE learns about it. We have NO DAMN CONTROL over what new information is leaked, so your constant annoyance in asking the same things over and over again when all you really need is some good old fashioned PATIENCE really gets on everybody's nerves.

6. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    1) I need to know what it means by Luxury Car. It could mean anything, It could even be a Transformer that is not from the movie or an old Transformer like Jazz or Sideways.

2) It's a matter of who's with me on deciding sides (like if it was Wheelie's decition to go to Autobot or Decepticon).

3) Look at Jetfire, As a toy he just looks like he has a shield on his mouth like Optimus. But in the movie that shield turns out to be a beard.

4) customize a Bumblebee and Wheeljack head was plan B, if there was no Wheeljack in the movie.

5) I don't try to annoy anyone, I just want to ask curious questions and sometimes I don't really remember what I post as topic for the last 2 days (also because I have no friends in my nearby area who are Transformer fans). Besides, I tried pateints on more Deluxe or voyager Constructicons, Instructions on combining Arcee sisters and a Leader class Blackout or DOTM Leader Megatron, but are we getting them? NO!

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Jesus Christ, this guy....

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

^^^

9. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I also posted this poll because The same store I go to They still have their ROTF Mudflaps and they were not selling well, Even marked down to 4.99 they would not sell.

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    ^there are a LOT of reasons Mudflap is a major pegwarmer, not just one.

11. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Thirded.

OP, mother of god, just wait a fucking WEEK. I GUARANTEE you there will be Wheeljack toys at Botcon.

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    ^well, you never know....

I'd laugh my ass off if there weren't >_>

13. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Why would it be something NOT from the movie if it's under DOTM toy listings? It's also FAR to early for Hasbro to be churning up those old molds like Deluxe Jazz and the suck-tastic Sideways, whose alt. modes I wouldn't consider "luxury" cars (well, maybe Sideways and the Audi R8, but that mold was heavily abused, it sucks, and there's no other listing that even comes close to describing Wheeljack under the DOTM listings)

What the hell does deciding sides have to do with deciding on wether or not to buy a toy based on its head? Your comparison to Wheelie's choice makes no sense, especially since Wheelie's choice was driven more out of basic survival instinct than anything (because the Cons WERE probably gonna kill him because he'd been captured and ended up assisting the good guys)

You mean "faceplate"? Also, Jetfire DOES have a beard on the toy. Aside from this "faceplate/beard" issue, the head is more or less alot like the CGI model, and everybody bought Jetfire for the combination to Prime anyway, not because the head was inaccurate. There was a LOT more inaccurate about Jetfire than just the head (the fact the alt. mode engines did not become the legs being a big one)

That's NOT what you said in the actual post:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...eeljack-come-out-customize-comic-version.html

What you SAID was that if there was no Wheeljack toy, you would make your own. In the same post you explicitly state you know Wheeljack WAS in the movie and that it WAS Einstien bot.

There's this great little option in your profile that allows you to see all the threads you've started. Here's what I found under that option in your profile: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/search.php?searchid=2413423&pp=10&page=2

The constructicons were either hit-or-miss (Demolishor outright stinks, Mixmaster is too overcomplicated, Rampage/Skipjack/whoever requires a non-accurate movie form simply to stand and is just decent, leaving the only truly noteworthy Constructicon as Long Haul), so I think it was okay for Hasbro to not give the other constructicons deluxe and voyager figures, since that gave us other figures like Bludgeon and Mindwipe. If you are THAT desperate for a whole set of transforming Constructicons who can combine, go get Legends Devestator. You can surely afford him since you kept on crowing about how you bought a pre-release figure, and those are ALWAYS expensive.

We also got combination instructions for the Arcee sisters. Granted the end result looks like absolute crap and the whole thing was aborted when the third bike sister was just a repaint and not a new mold, but it's still official combination instructions nonetheless.

Leader Class Blackout? Good grief, why are people still beating this dead horse after five plus years? Are they THAT upset over the scale problems, even though Transformers is notorious for severe scaling issues? It's not gonna happen.

And the DOTM line just got started, there is NO confirmation that we AREN'T getting a DOTM leader Megatron. It would be rather stupid of Hasbro NOT to make one since Megatron is the biggest selling Decepticon name in the franchise and he's got a Leader Class figure in every other media-supported franchise since Energon.

What does THAT have anything to do with DOTM Wheeljack's toy? It's known fact that ROTF Mudflap, in this case your store probably has "Tuner" Mudflap, is one of the worst shelfwarmers in Transformers history.

14. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Sorry, I don't mean to annoy you, Even if no one here likes me, I don't real join these blogs to make friends, I only come on to check on the future of Transformers (to make how I joined in the first place I joined to enter a contest to win a Soundwave bust, lost, so I trying to make the best of my username).

Anyways back to topic. Reasons I post about Wheeljack, as of when I first discovered Transformers from the cartoon movie (I was not born when the cartoon was out then cancelled) Soundwave was may favorite until I discovered he's a bad guy. Then when I watch the first Episode of the first cartoon Wheeljack was my favorite Autobot. Thus, my constant asking for Wheeljack to be in the movie and the fact I have a Wheeljack Generation toy beside my laptop.

15. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Even if they did do a Wheeljack, collectors, even children do not want ugly face toys. Trust me, al ugly face toys at my stores don't sell at all, ever gets sent to Ross or Winners and still won't sell. It goes to show how many people want to see a Einstein Wheeljack toy.

16. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    The cartoon was cancelled? I thought it just ended because the story line was done. Ah well, shows what I know. At any rate, I'm sure there will be those who can appreciate your curiosity, but really.......just think of it this way. You've seen the pictures from the old cartoon. You've seen the first movie and the second movie. It is quite obvious that NONE of the transformers EVEN REMOTELY RESEMBLE the robots from the cartoons. Well.....maybe Prime does since he's a truck still, but you know what I mean. So really....asking all these questions over and over again is kinda moot.

With that said. Just wait til the movie comes out, watch it, enjoy it, hate it, or whatevers. Your questions will be answered in due time. Patience man......patience.

17. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, I thought it was considered mean to make fun of "special" folk like Lazerwave. He just wants everyone to know where he stands on the whole DOTM Wheeljack issue.

I myself didn't know there even was an issue, but there you go.

18. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    If you don't really care about posting, only just news, why do you want to make the best of your username? It's not like you paid money or anything to get it. I don't think you even need to sign in to look at news on the front page or to simply browse the forums.

Look, I get it that Wheeljack is your favorite character, but that is NO EXCUSE to post incessantly about trying to find out the status of the character if every other time you've asked the answer is the exact same "we don't know!". The news staff on TFW is very good at getting important news up quickly, so if you can't find out the status of something from that, then NOBODY FREAKING KNOWS THE ANSWER YET. Answers will come in time, but it's not like your very life depends on knowing on the status of Wheeljack. If it does...then you really need to seek profesional help, because your life should NOT be controled over the obsession over a fictional character, who, as far as anybody knows, may not be at all like the original Wheeljack but somebody far different (like, Armada Wheeljack different).

That is some seriously flawed logic right there. Simply because in YOUR area toys that YOU consider ugly aren't selling is not representative of the entire god damn population of the United states, much less children or the collector community. You can not even say anything about how well the Wheeljack toy will sell because guess what? THAT DAMN TOY ISN'T EVEN ON SHELVES YET. Simply saying that Einstien is ugly makes no sense, especially when the resemblance to Einstien serves more to convey the idea that the robot is "smart" and this ACTUALLY GIVE CHARACTER TO AN AUTOBOT THAT ISN'T BUMBLEBEE OR PRIME. The toy may sell like gangbusters for all anybody knows. Hell, I'd love for the einstien face to make it onto the toy myself.

The problem is not that we're making fun of Lazerwave because he's asking about Wheeljack, it's that he keeps asking the exact same thing over and over and over again despite getting the exact same answers every time. That, and what he posted about trying to transform Leader Sentinel Prime also has something to do with it: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...4744-problem-sentinal-prime-roaring-rage.html

19. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I don't hate the movies, I love them. You should talk to this other guy who comes to shop at my nearest ToysRUs. If you all think I'm bad, He's double worst. He's always Yap Yap Yap Micheal Bay ruined my life, Yap Yap Yap Mirage shouldn't be the Ferrari, Yap Yap Yap both movies should go down as the worst movies ever, Yap Yap Yap the Robots should look like that cartoon Robots, Yap Yap Yap...

Well you know what I mean. I just wanted to punch him.

20. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I'm not looking for Fortune tellers, I just want to know if anyone thinks my thoughts of what the toy decription Might be, If anyone would buy old folks (remember kids, treat your elders with respect).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.