Theory: Decepticons Are Allies in TLK?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autoboty, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's a fun thing I've noticed, and a fun little theory I've made - what if the Decepticons in TLK aren't the destroyers we've known them as but just a faction of lost, weary Cybertronians who want to help the humans & Autobots and keep the place from going asplode? I mean, in an unexpected twist they could serve as allies in the upcoming film instead of antagonists and stay that way.

Bits of reasoning below...

1. The trailers for TLK don't show any Decepticons doing 'Decepticon stuff', a stark contrast to the trailers for last 4 films in which they were consistently depicted as menacing humans, destroying cities/buildings/property, etc. In TLK's trailers, however, all the destroying is done by the 'mystery faction'/Creators, their Infernocus lookalikes, and their new lackey evil!Prime. In fact, the only 'roughhousing' Megatron does in the trailers are: a) slam a sword into the ground in the middle of a desert, b) glare at Sqweeks, c) walk out from a cloudbank and d) reload his cannon (didn't fire it) in a battlefield. We do see Megs fighting Prime in the newest trailer, but Prime's eyes are purple in said fight scene, meaning that he's still under Creator control. Meg's attack might be a way of knocking him to his senses a la Hawkeye in Avengers. His staring at Sqweeks can also be interpreted as simply not knowing what to do with such a small creature, as he's not used to having one around - he might have decided to pull a heel-face turn, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly kid-friendly and stuff. Being antagonists are always a main part of the Decepticons, and it seems unreasonable to keep it out of the trailers.

2. Onslaught is a tow truck. While Bay is known for mangling G1 bots into often-unrecognizable CG effects, even he adheres to G1-inspired standards when it comes down to the broadest strokes. Onslaught, who has been known in all other media as an armed-to-the-teeth military machine, being an unassuming tow truck can mean that either he's so outgunned that he had to adopt a new disguise (inconceivable - he's with Megatron & co.) or he's given up on fighting altogether. We've also seen a Decepticon as a dilapidated out-of-order VW minibus, suggesting that the Cons are as tired of being chased as the Autobots are.

3. Barricade's new knuckle-dusters read 'PROTECT' and 'SERVE', a mirror of his 2007 movie motto: 'to punish and enslave'. His vehicle mode motto is also changed to a more subdued tone compared to the original, 'Keep calm and all hail Megatron'. This is the bot who purposefully altered his vehicle deco to reflect his personality, even running the risk of people being suspicious of his disguise. To have the exact opposite stamped on robot-only parts seems like he's had a change of spark, too. Furthermore, in the 1:55 mark of this trailer
    Barricade is seen rushing into battle in vehicle mode alongside Cade. (I thought it was a random cop car at first, but it's definitely him.) A Decepticon and a human being battleground allies is surely something worth inspection.

4. (Take this with a grain of salt, as this is based on the novelization ending that didn't make the movie.) At the end of paper-printed versions of Dark of the Moon (directly mentioned in the novel and implied in the comic adpatation) Megatron tells Prime that he is "tired of fighting". He asks Prime to kill him and end the war, but Prime refuses. Megatron then tells Prime that he will lead the remaining Decepticon forces to Cybertron and rebuild the planet, and send for the Autobots when Cybertron is habitable again. The two part on somewhat friendly terms. While this ending did not influence the DOTM film's outcome itself but it could be possible that they would try and retcon in a change of spark, possibly because what he saw while on the run as Galvatron/being reformatted back into Megatron.

Though this is all pure speculation, I have thus launched an opinion that the Decepticons are allies to the Autobots and humans in the new film, fighting against the common Creator threat. Please let me know about what you think of this theory in the comments, and let me know if I missed something that could strengthen or weaken my argument.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    That's not a bad theory, and I think the Decepticons and humans/Autobots may ally themselves to stop Quintessa and dark Optimus.

This doesn't really mean anything, though. Most movie Decepticons took on deceptive alternate modes (police car, construction vehicles, SUVs, Mercedes SLS-AMG) to blend in better with society.

• Like Like x 4
  3. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Transformers & Gundam

News Credits:
    He is not with Barricade he is just chasing Bumblebee and Cade.

4. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Also to add onto that, it seems that Bumblebee pulled out his gun and shot Barricade.

• Like Like x 4
  5. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes we have seen this scene many times now. Barricade is chasing Bee and Cade and Bee while in car mod, transforms his arm out and shoots Barricade. Which causes Barricade to flip there and probably transform.

6. Autoboty

News Credits:
    You're right, but let's not forget the other Combaticon namesake, Brawl, who retained his military vehicle alt mode. Onslaught being a civilian vehicle deserves inspection.

7. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

"The enemy(autobots) of my enemy(creators).
    Are a usefull temporary ally to help me achieve the destruction of a rival who wants absolute control of every single cybertronian and human soul.
    Like me"
    Megatron

8. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I think maybe Megatron might be convinced to join forces with the Autobots against a common foe, but I don't see a permanent heel-face turn for Movie-verse Megatron happening.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love it if you're right! I'd love to see a bot/con team up in the live action movies. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    :( 

11. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    fingers crossed for some zombie transformers!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Autoboty

News Credits:
  13. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the Decepticons do become allies it is most likely self-preservation then back to their old ways