Theory about the lack of Cons

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Well, I'm back after about a month of being away and I just read the whole news feed from the past month really fast and it is a lot of info to grab and hold in my mind but I do see the lack of Decepticons in the cast.

Since
    Shockwave has been confirmed as the main villain in the movie the story will probably go like this: He has been on Cybertron this whole time exterminating any remnant Autobots and rallying an army. When Megatron wants his help he will want to send his army to invade earth. Therefore, the Decepticons will be all CGI Cybertronian mode Decepticons. It would suck but maybe some could have names but they'll just be CGI the whole time.
    Does this make sense?

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'm sure there will be plenty of new Decepticons in TF3... it's just a matter of time before they come out and announce them.

So far, the only new Decepticons we're aware of is Shockwave, a Decepticon that turns into a SUV, and a Decepticon that turns into an armored bank truck. I'm sure that can't be all of the new bad guys being featured.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    we will be getting more Decepticons but I don't doubt we will see an army Decepticon protoforms as well as its just to easy and cheap to do when you need an epic battle scene.

anyway you add it up it comes up to epic Baycarnage! :bay :

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure we'll see more. Count on Starscream being there at Chicago because he will be all CG.

5. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

there will most likely be alot of decepticons. i like the idea that they wont be all protoforms and that they'll instead have their cybertronian alts and such. hope something like that happens

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Yup, probably just a bunch of CGI 'Cons. I'm pretty sure the alt modes of the Constructicons last time were CGI, so it's a trend we'll see more of.

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    SUV? Wonder if that's official,... I hope not.

But there really isn't a lack of Cons, the only problem is that they're always the including in the end with ...CGI

8. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We haven't really had any Decepticons that could really be put in the city of Chicago due to size and other reasons.

Bay can't have Raptors flying over the city, and getting so close. I'm sure the majority of Decepticons are just going to be CGI by ILM...hope Bay gave them more time to plan this time around.

9. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    All I got to say is.... ALOT OF DRONES.... Or alot of transformers from Cybertron who we may know well.

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

perhaps we've just seen more autobots on set on the TF3 movie. because most of them are every day cars,suv's,vans trucks & so forth.

It might be a bit harder to get liscenses to allow decepticon military vechicles to patrol the skies & roads. due to 9/11 & terroist counter attack scares.

i'm guessing all military vechicles that appear in the TF3 movie. will have more limited access to roads/skies. they'll have to appear on certain allowed days. certain locations. perhaps even on military & fake sets.

11. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Nah what was meant there is a suv that is a decept, not shockwave is a suv...

12. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Hoping seekers, soundwave's minions...bruticus?

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They could all just be in robot mode.

14. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    There will probably be lots of protoforms summoned for the final battle or something, but I'm confident there will be plenty of new Decepticons with Earth modes. Gotta sell toys.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not really a good track record in the films for Decepticons so far. Perhaps with them getting killed so quickly it's just cheaper to do the whole thing CGI than to rent the alt modes for the set.

I think the reason we haven't heard much about which Decepticons we'd get beyound the heads on set is that the production team doesn't grasp what great villains can do for a film. Heck most of them probably don't even know there is such thing as Decepticon fans so lets just talk about Autobots all the time.

16. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We didn't see much, if anything of ROTF Decepticons, yet there were plenty of them in the film. Just because we don't see them being filmed doesn't mean that there's not going to be many.

I'd say the ones that we have seen on set will be bigger characters, while the rest will be relatively minor, or, like Starscream, be totally CGI.

We're also still fairly early on in the shooting of the film so there's plenty of time that snaps can be taken of earth-mode Decepticons.

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Yep I think the production team doesn't grasp this at all. Why, I don't know. Think of all great action films - there's a great likable villain. Terminator, Aliens, Predator, The Matrix... All feature a great villain. Sometimes, you even want to root for the villain.

It's aggravating because they understand we have an interest in the Cons... thus some of the scenes in ROTF. They just fail to capitalize on it. The first movie showed promise, the sequel made the Cons out to be an unorganized non threat. Hopefully Shockwave's strategy will prove to strengthen and organize them... but at this point I'm doubtful we'll get Cons you can like, or at least love to hate.

The even dumber thing is that if they used more vehicles for the Cons, it could save precious CGI money for bot modes, battles scenes etc.

18. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As shown on the Blu-ray galleries, the Constructicons' alt. modes were real.

19. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    ya this was bugging me last night after seeing the firetruck autobot... i started thinking that almost all of the decepticons will be CGI possibly even no earth mode for soundwave... i dunno it only makes sense seeing as how shockwave is coming from cybertron he must be bringing tons of bots with him im not mad that this is how it is at all but hopefully we can get a few more soild form decepticons hopefully.

20. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I think is simpler than that. I think the "good guy" toys sell better, so Hasbro puts pressure on the studio to include more Autobots.