Theoritically lets say TAKARA does repaint on Animated... How much better can it be??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kingplay, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To Fear or Not to Fear TF Animated repaints by Takara
    My question is, should I just buy TFA now or wait for repaints.

I just started collecting, and I have a fear of buying new toys now.
    I got into classics, they got repainted into superior Henkei line.
    I got into movie line, they get repainted to "premium".

Now with animated out, how good can the repaints be?
    Are the ones currently out already accurate?

Been very busy with my job so I haven't watched TFA much yet.

So what are your opinions on the current TFA's!
    Keepers, perfect already? or wait for the repaint/improvements?
    Are we safe to buy Hasbro versions this time around? Or will Takara pwn Hasbro again?

2. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

Well ... i think that some Metallic/Grey paint on voyager Megs would be brilliant !
    I dont really care with anything else ...

All i know, is that im gonna buy the del. cybertron mode Prime, because i simply love that mold ! ... and if it isnt in diffrent colors and such ... ill just keep it MOSC ...

3. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Really the only thing the could do to make them more accurate is fix Bumblebee's Chest-Stripe. That's about it.

4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    'Ice Deco' Megastrom (the japaness name for Animated Megatron) vs. 'Flame Deco' Young Convoy (The Japaness name for Animated Optimus Prime)

'Movie Deco' Meister (The Japaness name for Animated Jazz) vs. 'Movie Deco' Darkscream (The Japaness name for Animated Starscream)

'Beast Wars Deco' Black Widow (The Japaness name for Blackarachia) vs. 'Cap Deco' Tick Convoy (The Japaness name for Sentinel Prime)

'G1 deco' Bumble (The Japaness name for Bumblebee) vs. 'Jungle Fury' Thunderwing (The Japaness for Bliztwing)

5. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    You know not every japanese transformer has a different name then the english version.

and besides I think Takara would keep most of the names for animated.
    Even Optimus Prime, they did it for the movie. Why not a series that has elements inspired by the movie?

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    If anything I'd guess Takara may do more Starscream clones than Hasbro, but that be about it.

7. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So its pretty safe this time to buy without worrying too much about superior repaints?

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is actually alot of black detailing missing from bumblebee.

[​IMG]

The vents on the side of his head, the black bar on his forearms, the black on his hands, the yellow on his knees. and the black sole on his boots. It may seam like nitpicking but all of these details are on the toy just not painted.

[​IMG]

Lock down is missing details on his legs and neck and his arm is detailed wrong.

I'm not gonna check every bot but there is always room for improvement

Oh I forgot the most obvious one
    voyager megatron in darker gray and the 2 pack leaders with out battle damage

9. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
    - Paint Snarl's collar, hands and club.

- Tampo Autobot logo on Voyager Optimus' shoulder.

- Fix Bumblebee's stingers and Lockdown's hands.

- More cartoon colour accurate Starscream.

- Red 'bot and purple 'con logos instead of silver.

- and of course since the show would be dubbed in Japanese over there, the Leader class figures would probably feature japanese lines instead of English. Not really an improvement but rather more of a region specific thing.

As well as Hasbro has done on the Animated line compared to past cartoon lines, there's still room for improvement where TakaraTomy can pick up on.

10. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    stealth animate bumble bee woo

11. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know how much Japan can change them, but if you remember Energon/superlink, the actual animation was altered from US to Japan. So perhaps they will make some tweaks? I doubt it will have anything to do with character colors though.

I can see Takara doing things like making Megatron a silver color instead of white and maybe painting Bumblebee's headlights blue instead of "frosting" them. Maybe they would make Starscream grey instead of grey blue?

It'll be interesting because it seems like TakaraTomy is waiting it out with Animated. The cultures are very different and they maybe want to see if the series will make sense in Japan. The last 3 series were animated and written in Japan so they were automatically going to air them. They took a wait and see approach with the movie (did almost nothing interesting to their versions of the toys until the movie was proven a huge success) and I think they missed the ball. Weird that they are doing it with animated too.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It wasn't really "altered," per say. The US just got unfinished rough cuts of each episode while Japan got the fully finished versions. This was, of course, because the US dub was an incredibly incompetent rush job.

I honestly don't see Takara Tomy doing much to the Animated toys when they get them. Show accuracy has always been the number one priority for Takara, and the Animated toys are already probably the most show accurate figures ever produced. There may be some minor changes, but nothing to put off buying the Hasbro versions for (unless, of course, you're one of those collectors who believes that anything made by Takara is innately superior to anything made by Hasbro, even if they're 100% identical in all aspects).

13. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the vibe I am getting is.

Yes, Takara can make improvements, but it will be minor.

Thus it is safe this time to buy Hasbro, unless you are a perfectionist and want to spend twice the money per figure!

Is this the correct conclusion? :) 

-ed

14. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sure

15. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Pretty much, yeah.

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The only changes Takara made to any of the Movie toys were making a Black Arcee, making a Black Incinerator and giving 74' BB clear windows. Otherwise all their changes were too minor to merit notice. I see them doing the exact same thing with Animated because there's no need to repaint these things.

Not saying there won't be repaints/remolds though, Hasbro already confirmed they're coming, they just won't be Takara "improving" anything.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Or unless you want to pay more for a few swipes of paint you can get the same mold domestically ;) 

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uhh they could do panel lining in the needed areas?

Really not a reason for getting toys with a higher price, SPECIALLY when the missing details could be done by yourself just fine considering Hasbro kind of molded all "details" but forgot to paint 1 or 2 in each figure.

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm surprised. Two pages and no mention of Prowl's shades. I'm guessing those will be painted.

20. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I can't really see much room for improvement which is why I bought into Animated already. Bumblebee is the only one who feels a little naked to me. He'd benefit from more paint apps. The rest of what I've got seems pretty damn close. The faction symbols don't bug me really. If they did, well reprolabels does nice work!