Then & Now - Your Feelings Towards Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kickback, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    I hated that first promo pic with Prime, but then again, EVERYBODY hated that first promo pic with Prime.

But I knew it would end up rocking and by golly, it does!

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First pics made me go "Huh."
    Cartoon has grown on me. Not crazy about the animation style, but it's fun.
    Still not crazy about most of the toys, but they're not aimed at me.

I never thought it would be the end of Transformers. I *did* think they were taking a potential gamble with the brand. I suspect the gamble is going to pay off.

3. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wasn't that fussed over the designs one way or the other, but I always mantained the writing would either save or kill it - so far, it's been well above expectations, with a lot of care taken to throw in nods to the older fans whilst giving the show some much needed energy and character.

If the series maintains it's current form, it'll be on par with Beast Wars.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well I sort of left Transformers behind after the bitter disapointment of Beast Machines not being a very good follow up to Beast Wars. But then the Cybertron toys hit and I started getting the spark again because hey they look pretty cool and now they have articulation. Classics hit and I was drawn right back into the epic fight between Autobots and Decepticons.

But then there was bitter news that Classics was being killed off so it could be nothing but movie, movie, movie, movie. We got the movie and honestly I was so let down by the whole thing I was about ready to go into another long period of being out of Transformers again.

Even though the pictures made the bots look a bit odd I figured hey what the heck it's free to watch and I'm about to give up Transformers anyways except for the comic books so I've got nothing to lose. Then wow hey this has so much cool stuff now I remember why I loved Transformers in the first place. All the excitement of watching new episodes back in the G1 and Beast Wars days all over again.

So for me it went from a big gamble to a reason to hop out of bed again on Saturday mornings.

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Then: "You thought Bay's movie would 'ruin' Transformers?!?! Take a look at THIS garbage!!"
    "If anything ever kills Transformers, it's going to be this series."
    "Tasmanian Devil transformations? That's friggin ******ed."
    "Optimus Prime looks like the neighborhood dad dressed in a superhero costume who's gonna run around telling kids to brush their teeth."

Now: Bought a Lockdown off eBay for $120, posted the world's first review of a TF: Animated figure, giving it a solid 10/10.
    Have watched every episode of TF:A, some of them several times because they're awesome (Thrill of the Hunt, Sound & Fury, Lost & Found). I look forward to watching the show every Saturday, and it gets better and better.
    Bought a TF: Animated Starscream off eBay, think it is great.
    Plan on buying about half the Animated figures we've seen so far (my brother's getting the other ones).

That's the last time I ever judge a TF series before it's out. :banghead: 

6. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    okay i am like most

when first image ever was released:......WTF???? HASBRO YOU ARE SO STUPID, YOU REEL IN A BUNCH OF NEW FANS WITH THE MOVIE AND YOU SCARE THEM AWAY WITH THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE

after awsomeness came out inbetween

NOW: HOLY SHIT THIS STUFF IS SO AWSOME, ME WANT ME WANT NOW!!!!!!!!

and if hasbro would release those PIECES OF BEAUTY, i will be more happier

7. newguy

newguy i

I still hate the toys but i love the show now. jazz4ever wont stop talking about animated he loves um (he is my nieghbor)

8. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I watched the episode where Bumblebee fights Bane. That was enough for me! Animated is pure 100% unfiltered crap! Worst thing to hit the franchise yet.

Funny thing is, I was in a local shop & asked the guy what he thinks of Animated, he said "I don't". Then he mentioned that he watched half of the episode where Bumblebee fought Bane & he had to turn it off. I laughed, I told him that's the same exact episode I had the misfortune of catching.

I haven't met one person that likes Animated yet. Every one I asked said they couldn't stand it & had to turn it off.

Beyond these boards (where you're not allowed to say anything bad about Animated without getting banned, FREE SPEECH doesn't exist) there's a whole world of people that think Animated is pure garbage & won't watch it. People with actual taste that know the difference between cool & NOT cool. Here you get the biased fans that will worship anything with the Transformers logo on it, out in the "real" world you'll get the "real" opinion of this abomination. A lot of people hate it! I'm with them!

9. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Love the honest opinion above me. But as a recognized Transformers website they have to support the franchise.

When I first saw the promos I was pretty horrified at the future of the show. The comic-con Q and A session further made me concerned for the series. The toy's I don't care about I may buy starscream thats it. The show is alright with a few laughs here and there. But its not my favorite series to date.

Im not an active anti Animated or pro Animated. There are some good qualities and somethings I just cant stand. However I do love the Decepitcons having a brain to think with and having superior power over the Autobots ^_^

I for one loved the movie designs the day they came out and having those made me feel better about having my small collection on display. But now if anyone catches wind of Animated that spells doom for my displayed transformers.

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so....you have great taste, eh? who are these 'cool' people you profess to roll with?

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity, seen any other eps? I might've had the same opinion as you if that was the only one I had ever seen. (not that I really expect more eps to change your mind or anything.)

12. Dr Wheeljack

Dr Wheeljack Well-Known Member

Dont like the designs of the chars and not enjoying the cartoon so far.

13. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd guess a bunch of guys he found over at Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. :D 

14. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, if "Everyone" here represses you and your right to free speech, why do you even bother to continue to come here then? We're "NOT" cool. We're Biased. You come from a "REAL" world... Why stay here and be unhappy? Go and find that cool group of TF fans who agree with you and make a board dedicated to all things Cybertron and hate the hell out of Animated to your heart's content.

15. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man I dont get how anyone can hate the greatest TF series since G1 (excluding the movie)

As soon as I saw the animation style I had high hopes, everything else that looks like animated such teen titans, batman, JLA is excellent.

The toys are fantastic too, I guess if you cant give it a go then mayber TF's are over for ya??? we all grow up sometime

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My original feeling, when I first saw Optimus, was "is this it? Isn't this a joke?" I thought the design was overdone, over exaggerated.

Once the group shot came out, I warmed to the designs a bit. Perhaps because they weren't quite so overdone as that first shot, perhaps because I'd had time to get used to it.

When I saw the presentation at Botcon, I was sold. The total slickness of the animation and the action sold me on it.

I'm loving each new episode, it's good entertainment. I will give this to those who dislike the series based on the episode with Meltdown, that was the worst one so far and if that is your only experience with the show, then yes you would be left with a sour taste. I'd suggest you look again, the last few weeks have improved dramatically over that one. But hey, that's your opinion, you'll welcome to it :) 

17. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    The first images worried me some but I kept an open mind.

But has my opinion changed?He!! yes it has!I love the show,I thought it was gonna be ok but not as great as BW.

18. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    I've liked all the episodes until today's new episode. Lockdown is the best new villian, and "Thrill of the Hunt" is still the best episode. Last week's "Lost and Found" was pretty good too. The flashback episodes work well for this series.

Hopefully, the writers will pick up on the fact that some things are overused (e.g., the key and the 'I don't like machines' quote). They have done an excellent job of tying in past series in with this new universe and blending it in together.

Best series since Beast Wars. Hopefully they will continue to work together with Takara and partners to create scripts like this instead of dubs of 'Kiss Players' type stuff or overly long story arcs with no real direction. There's only one Dragonball Z, and any other show repeating its format looks dumb and repetitive (e.g., Unicron trilogy).

Long live Animated! Megatron is about to rise again!

19. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    youve got it mixed up. we've been getting japan written shows all this while. TFA marks the 1st time a show is produced in the west since BM.

20. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not only have i warmed up to the show,the animated toys (the ones i have) seem to be of better quality than the movie deluxe/voyagers. They're just so solid as opposed to a lot of the floppy movie figs. Still like my movie figures,but Animated is pushin' for top spot!