Then & Now - Your Feelings Towards Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kickback, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    When the first publicity pictures appeared for ANIMATED, I don't think I have ever seen so many people collectively groan at once. You would have sworn that the first images for Movie bots were leaked out on this site again. People swore up and down that Animated would be the end for Transformers, that it had killed any and all desire they had to watch/collect Transformers, blah blah blah blah blah.

Fast forward today, 11 episodes in to this "GOD AWFUL CARTOON WITH HORRIBLE DESIGNS" ... have your opinions changed from the time you saw the first leaked publicity images?

Me personally ... no. I always knew Animated would not just exceed people's expectations, it would push them in the mud, track mud all through their house, eat all their food, and sleep with their mother. People who thought it would be a silly little kid's show would be blindsided like getting T-Boned in an intersection by a semi. Translation ... Animated rules :) 

But has your opinion changed regarding Animated?

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I felt the first images looked wierd (and some of those first images still do) but wanted to give them a shot. Since then I have been very happy with what I have seen of Animated.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, not really, as I've liked the designs since we first saw them. If anything I like the show more now than I did back then, and I'm more pumped for the toys than I was origionally. I was at one point planning on only getting a few of them, but now I plan on geting one of each character if I can, and possibly multipble versions of some characters depending on which characters get more than one version of them (though I only plan on getting one Optimus and one Megatron for the time being). I would probably get Activator versions of Ultra Magnus and Grimlock if they were to make them. I'd even be interested in a 12" Soundwave similar to the Bumblebee figure we're getting, and a Leader Lugnut to battle the Leader Bulkhead I plan to get. All in all, it's a great show, and will hopefully continue on for at least another 2 seasons like they want to do.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I thought the initial preview image we got of Optimus was horrible, but then I realized that it was just a horrible picture, with perspective problems and whatnot. Once I saw more images, and the almost spot-on figures, I was hooked, especially after reading the list of voice.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

My opinion hasn't changed. I thought they were a little strange looking, and not something that would pull me back into collecting for myself, but at the same time relieved that the franchise was trying something new and different, and amazed at the technical artistry involved in making accurate toys out of the character designs. I anticipated it would be something for me to enjoy vicariously through my kids.

And that's pretty much what it is. My sons and I have watched about half of the episodes so far. I think it's pretty good, and they love it. They can't wait for the toys to come out.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, not really I guess, when the first picture of Prime leaked I thought it was a bad picture (which it is for very reason... one of them being a horrible perspective and than the black background which joined with his black stomach area at the sides to make him look anorexic), but I was willing to give the show a chance. I enjoyed the other leaked artwork (bots and cons picture that was on the flier) and looked forward to an American written show for once.

Now, having seen the series, my opinion really hasn't changed. The characters look great as far as the style is concerned (even though it's not my cup of tea per se) and the toys are a marvel of engineering to get them so close to their designs. The characterization used in this series is excellent and so are the stories (mostly). In fact, I'd say that the characterization and story lines are what has changed my mind from buying only the recognizable characters (Prime, Megatron, Starscream, ect.) to now wanting one of each of character.

Basically, at this point, it's on par with BW in my opinion in that you have a lot of good to great episodes, but there's the stinker once in awhile too.

7. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    When I saw the trailer, I thought that transformers animated was going to be as bad as cybertron. But it is turning out much better then I expected. The core characters are mostly from G1, and the newer characters IMO are still a success. It isn't that trashy CGI we got with cybertron, and the toys are much better looking as well.

8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    When I first heard about it I was kinda of out of the transformers(due to a lot of moving and stuff), I found out about through a friend on another board.

First thing I saw of it was the autobot poster and a description talking about moral based episodes and human supervillains. I had mixed reactions at first, and since I wasn't really into transformers I put it back into my mind.

Fast Forward a little bit, I was looking for a transformers site to look at what was new since I stopped caring. Found a botcon report and read what it had to say about animated and I was hooked. The only thing that's changed about my opinion since then is that I like it more.

9. ponycorn

ponycorn Member

My opinion of TF: Animated is now thankfully back to where it started!

I LOVED Transform and Roll Out.
    I sat uncomfortabley through the rest of the episodes until...
    Lost and Found. Back to loving it again.

10. IronCrow

IronCrow Well-Known Member

I'll admit, I really didn't like the designs at first, but not to the extent of 'they'll be the end of transformers!' They just couldn't hold my attention, originally. Needless to say, they have definitely grown on me since then, and not only am I loving the cartoon, I am also looking forwards to the toyline. Glad I didn't shun cartoon based on my initial reaction, that's for sure.

11. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I was worried, because of the stylistic change, and I thought it would have all those bugged out Teen Titan faces. But with all the great characterization, the animation has grown on me. I'll still hope hasbro gives us a 'Spike TV Bruce Timm' styled TF someday, but animated is probably my favorite TF series since G1.

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Took a while for the designs to grow on me (much longer than the movie, which..after the initial shock I got to liking the designs fairly quickly). A lot of the info we had been hearing a while back also seemed..not so hot. From the autobots..basically being superheroes fighting human super villains, to the supposed tasmanian devil spin transformation (which doesn't seem to be the case now), etc. Thankfully the writing on the show is good, the story is great. Best TF cartoon since BW.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I first saw the trailer I said to myself "Nice designs and toys, but CARTOON NETWORK!? Show probably gonna suck".
    Now I like everything about it.

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Me seaw deh fandum turnz DumZ and Predik tableZ anD say p-0pulAr Gi joe Catch phrase:

OMG DEH DEBTS OF DEH LINE ONEZORS ZOMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Den I seawsz sum samz peiople3z Buy teSt shOts on ebay *67*76* denz waRm Up to deh Dezign3srsz and Shtuff & watchz Peopiul; buy Shtuff and still ComPlain den suum who Hate etz alL along Givns to deh designs & wAnt at Least Prime or deh Megatrons Denz end Up lUvibng deh Line Next Years.

Tis true' me tells me.

Me Haz hop3 All along, lul at@ Chaos Muff4in' "ZOMG ITS A EH LI9N GET IN CARZ", Animateds toys, <---me wants NUW!!!

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Looking forward to the toys for the engineering...but the show itself?

I'm still really put off by the faces. I know that's not all there is to the show, but they're like a pebble in my shoe. I can't focus past them.

It's not bad...but honestly, I just miss Beast Wars at this point.

16. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

At first - Ew! Horrid Teen Titan designs and poor/sloppy animation, style and design.

Now - Best TF show ever. Better than G1, easily. This show is exactly that, plus much, much more. The designs look great, the stories, writing and characters are fantastic and the toys are something I'm really looking forward to! Need more!

17. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

At first: Those look horrible! Man I hope they have a good story.

Now: Those look horrible! Man I am glad they have a good story so far.

Pretty much nothing has changed except that I am relieved that so far the stories are decent. I still think this is easily the worst looking Transformers series I have ever seen but I do like the stories better than RID or the AEC trilogy so that is good. Won't be buying many of the toys but will continue to watch the show.

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    First promo pics: Whoah. Whu? That's gonna take some getting used to...
    First bit of video: ...Hmm. That was pretty damn good.
    First full episode: Holy SH*T, that was great!
    First toy in hand: OK. This line is going to cost me a fortune...
    11 episodes in: Yup. Loving every second of it. Best TF show since BW.

19. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Exactly

I gave it a "wait and see" approach, and I really liked what I saw, and the toys kick ass, and are the most show accurate we've seen. The A in TFA should be for Amazing

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, I'm definitely loving it even more, but that's not because my opinion switched. I loved it when the preview hit and I love it even more now!