Themes or Issues for TFs3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Black Oracle, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Any ideas for what themes or main issues may guide or arise in the next 3rd movie? We heard from Mr. Orci before that the starting theme for ROTF had been Sam's situation of 'leaving home', which was also reflected in how the TFs are 'away from their home' too.

Since the existence of the TFs on Earth is no longer a secret (courtesy of the Fallen's little unscheduled TV appearance), i was thinking that the Autobots might have to face widespread fear and hostilities from humanity in the next movie. The theme could be one of proving their worth and becoming accepted heroes in the eyes of humans. If say by the time of the 3rd movie Sam is graduating from college, his theme might be one of how he 'matures' into a greater man as he enters the wider world of adulthood, and this could also be reflected in the Autobots' 'growth' & 'development' into great heroes of Earth. If the plot of the 3rd movie revolved aroud this basic theme, it could see the Autobots for a while being banished from Earth (they could even return to Cybertron for a while), only to return later to save it from some greater Decepticon threat once again.

What do you all think?

2. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good idea.

I'd also go further in Optimus Prime and Megatron's relationship. Show how similar they are, but the focal points that set them apart. Dwelve into their psiques.

3. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    War on Cybertron. No focus on humans.

4. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

ooh, make them pull a Dr. Manhattan and leave earth only to come back and save (or not) it. :D 

5. protocida

News Credits:
    No.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    How about Giant Effing Robots blowing stuff up?

7. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Just without the big blue dong.

8. protocida

News Credits:
    Yes.

9. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I'll see your no, countermand your no with a no, and raise you a yes, a correct, and an affirmative.

10. protocida

News Credits:
    No.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the whole ROBOTS NO MORE IN DISGUISE thing probably gonna be a factor.

12. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    Bring in more Seeker's (Autobot and Decepticon Seekers), LIKE Skywarp, Thundercracker, Dirge, Kup(Model T), Astrotrain (Steam Engine), and then some movie-verse made up seeker's like Lugnut (WWII Bomber, based off of Animated), Ransack, and Dreadwing. Also, lead them off Earth, like have Megatron now based on Jupiter. Give some more focus on why Earth is connected ,in a sence, to Cybertron. Also, more Autobot deaths. And have more combiners (and maybe some pretenders here and there). Also, now that the TF are know to the public, have more civilian casualty's.

That would be the perfect TF3, not that any of this is likley to happen. ;) 

13. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

optimus realizing that he loves fighting just as much as megalvatron and exiles himself into space. what are the autobots gonna do without a leader?

14. transFormers3

transFormers3 Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see more stuff about Cybertron, but keep it on Earth.

15. cnic

cnic Decepticon

One things for sure is that there will be lots of :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay 

16. transFormers3

transFormers3 Well-Known Member

I agree with you on that, but that isn't a bad thing.

17. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I know it is. :thumbs2:  Baysplosions are the shit!

18. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it.

One thing about the cartoon is the Autobots seem to be trusted by humanity in general (only in Megatron's Master Plan did they get ousted off Earth, but only because they got framed) and don't need to have the military taking care of them. Since there should be more Autobot arrivals in the third film (as the third film's tone tends to be somewhere between the first and darker second), the Autobots would take a more proactive role in being the protectors of humanity.

19. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I would like to see how TF3 Handles the Public's reception of the Transformers in the aftermath of their outing by The Fallen, especially since the public have to accept there are those would do harm to them (Megatron & co.) and those who will undoubtedly protect them, but have to gain their trust (Optimus and his band of Autobots). The maturing of Sam and Mikaela's characters (and their relationship) would most definitely be a plus, not to mention Leo and everyone else since he's gonna be returning. But what the plot could be exactly, I have no idea, just give my Turbo-Revvin Young punk.

Forget that. This isn't Transformers: The Movie (1986) of Generation One Continuity, this the Movieverse. It has characters already established that they will expand on, a Sort of mythology of its own borrowed from several TF Continuity's and new characters (Transformer and Human alike) it can introduce. Get with the times, dude.

20. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

How about no sex or bathroom humor, no humping, no Wheelie or Leo, no Simmons, no Parents and just focus on Sam and Mikaela, and of course giant f**king robots