Theme for The Club figures & toys they can use...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, the first 5 figures were all part of Nexus Prime, and right around the time Heatwave came out, Pete said the next 3 figures were also part of a theme... looks very much like that theme was Wings of Honor... assuming Runabout and Runamuck are in the WoH universe, i don't recall seeing them in the comic, but i think i'm also behind an issue or two... Dion is for sure, and PCP was as well, right?

however, in order to plan out, that means they had to have seen the Tracks figure sometime during 2009, right? That mold was a late 2010/early 2011 release, and now is being used 2 years later... I wonder if the concept was originally decided, and they had a different mold in mind, or if they had access to early images and concepts so they could plan ahead...

also, this makes me wonder if the next few years toys will have a connected theme between them...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No idea. I think they changed their minds after Dion and Sideburn because the opportunity to make the Runs was too good. Was there any other characters in the comic that would have completed the Honor Guard of Dion and Sideburn?

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe FunPub has stated that the Runabout/Runamuck story takes place in the WoH universe. Whether or not they were slated back in 2009 to be figures this year would be very interesting information. Someone should ask at Botcon.

4. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, maybe they weren't originally scheduled, but the opportunity opened and they jumped on it... that could definitely be a possibility...

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

They have medications for that.

6. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Theme meant that they would all be in same Universe... Not necessarily the molds we would use.

We'll touch on 2013 and beyond at the Club roundtable this year :) 

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ruination/Baldigus + Scourge/Black Convoy for BotCon 2013 please. Or 2014. I'll wait.

8. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Can you imagine the shitstorm if Scourge was a Botcon exclusive? It would make the '07 Seeker drama look like a spring shower in comparison :lol 

9. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sometimes you just need to get it out of your system.

Hmmm. So the theme ties together Dion, Sideburn & Runamuck? Looking forward to when the plan comes together.

10. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    SG Punch / Counterpunch with a normal size head.

:bay 

11. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't even care. The RiD Decepticons totaled six. That's the number of figs you could fit in an all-Deluxe boxset (heck they even threw in one Voyager this year). It's just too perfect! We will have to DEAL WITH IT just like Ultra Magnus. :D 

Or make a black Decepticon version of WfC or FoC Optimus Prime to fit the theme a little better (and so people don't cry over it being the G2 mold and therefore THE ONE TRUE SCOURGE), come up with a story that plops them all in the Wings universe, and blammo, money. They'll have to revamp their site/order process again to handle all the money. :lol 

12. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

There already is a black Decepticon version of WFC Prime.
    Transformers United WFC Darkside Optimus Prime & Darkside Megatron Set - Tokyo Toy Show 2011 - Transformers 2010 - 2011 Transformers Transformers United

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, that's what i meant, the same universe... that said, does that mean you got to see images of Tracks well before we did so that you knew you could use them?

well, they're all in the Wings of Honor universe...

dude, that would actually be really cool... i'd be so down for that... but i just love Bruticus, so i'll buy him no matter what...

14. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't take this the wrong way but...

So what?

That's a Takara product. One I considered buying, btw. It's not impossible for FunPub to take on a similar theme, and the fact that Takara makes EVERY Prime mold into a Black Convoy shouldn't restrain them. As I said, they could use the FoC mold and it wouldn't be the same figure.