Theater Reactions - applause and such!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rfsii, Jul 4, 2007.

1. rfsii

rfsii OCD/BiPoD/ADHD

Forgive if this is being discussed elsewhere, I checked the first few pages and didn't see anything similar, although I noticed it mentioned within threads about other subjects, and thought it would be cool to ask this question -

What were the reactions of the theater-goers after the end of the movie? My theater clapped all together at the end, and most of us stood up to leave... but realized there were more little clips sprinkled throughout the credits, so we were all just standing up looking at the screen until they finished.

I saw that a few people's theater-goers gave a standing ovation, and other applause, what else did you guys experience? I'm interested to know how many rounds of applause and similar things happened, because this is actually the first time I've experienced this level of enthusiasm at a movie. Every other movie I've ever gone to, we just leave when it's done. This one, we clapped. I rarely clap at any event, but I joined in (actually, I was one of the first to start, even weirder for me). It was just that satisfying an experience that I felt I needed to show my appreciation for having seen such an excellent movie.

So that's enough of my rambling, what about you guys?

2. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

A lot of people in our theater clapped - but even if they didn't they were smiling and buzzing about it.

3. KMITB

KMITB The dub voice of Prime

News Credits:
    Round of applause at the end. People loved when Prime first transformed. And the biggest reaction may have been when Bumblebee changed car forms because the chick called the car something like a piece of junk.....very funny indeed!!!

4. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    the first car chase scene got a lot of applause in my theater along with several other parts, it was awesome

Saw it twice already, still awesome :) 

5. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    Everyone Cheered when Prime first got his Truck mode and at the end of the movie. :) 

6. TF66

TF66 Member

We had a standing ovation here in Canada!

7. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Huge cheers for Prime taking out Bonecrusher, Bobby Bolivia's line about his mammy, Pheremone levels, Sam's more than meets the eye line, Frenzy going crazy inside Air Force One, Bumblebee's first chase scene, as well as Prime's first speech.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    shit i even had one guy doing catwheels in the aisle.

ok i kid, i kid, we just clapped thats all.

9. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    ohnestly thats why i no longer see movies on opening night, i HATE applause, its pretty much pointless and lame, the actors and writers are NOT there and CAN NOT hear you, why interrupt the movie, SHUTUP AND WATCH THE MOVIE, i think to myself :p 

10. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No applause but the biggest laughs were for the Bumblebee reformat, Bumblebee piss and the masturbation joke. Second place goes to Ratchet's pheromone levels crack.

11. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Tues night showing--
    Lots of clapping: First BB transformation, first appearance of Prime, BB gets new alt mode, Prime killing Bonecrusher, BB and Barricade racing, etc. Clapping for most any G1 quote. And lots of clapping at the end. Awesome experience, you just knew everyone was a big TF fan and clapped along.

Tonight----Only like 3 or 4 quick claps from the same 2 guys.

12. talkin jibberish

talkin jibberish Well-Known Member

all i noticed on the cam copy was people getting extremely excited at megan fox under the hood!!!!!!.yes she IS amazingly hot, but please, have you not seen a woman before??

13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    applause on BBs changing form , and lots of laughing on diffrent scenes, and the whole cinema applauded after the movie.

14. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

Applause and laughter throughout whole movie, sometimes so loud I couldn't hear some of the lines.

15. rfsii

rfsii OCD/BiPoD/ADHD

Excellent! These are the kinds of things I like to hear, thanks to everyone who replied :) 

Planning to go see the movie again tonight, will be interested to see the reaction this time. I know my reaction will be pretty much the same.

16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Opening night at my local cinema:

Standing. Fucking. Ovation.

'Nuff said

17. Flameshield

Flameshield Blind Sniper

laughter when BB lubercated on that S7 guy

18. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

There were about 4 guys (who I saw) with Optimus Prime helmets on, there was a ton of whooping and hollering - in particular during the BB/Barricade chase scene, and during the Prime/Megatron fight.

The crowd went crazy when the credits came up, I can honestly say I have never heard a crowd clap so loudly after a movie in my life!