The Wreckers vs the Combaticons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Who do you think would win?

The Combaticons are simple the five main dudes (Onslaught, Swindle, Brawl, Vortex and Blast Off), the Wreckers can be any combo of members as long as they've been officially on the team.

The Wreckers seem to have a strategy of "go in, sweep and clear, (if needed grab and evacuate any relative package)". The Combaticons have a plethora of strategies and tactics (whatever Onslaught decides upon for the moment).

I personally think, no matter what combination of Wreckers, the Combaticons will always come out on top (assuming they act as a unit and follow Onslaught's orders, which I believe they would).

2. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

Ebay:
    It's an interesting thought, the Combaticons are more of a military unit, and a very effective team.

The Wreckers however seem to be used to exclusively do suicide runs. I think the Combaticons would hesitate to sacrifice one of their members, whereas the Wreckers would do that without even thinking about it.

It would greatly depend on the circumstances, I think, as to who would "win". If you're thinking an arena battle, the Combaticons can of course form Bruticus, which depending on the writer could be a definite deciding factor.

3. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

IMO,The wreckers would win. because there's more of them. they have more battle experience. are older veteran cybertronians & travel more in space.

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Combaticons already have a counterpart in the protectobots. The decepticon version of the wreckers are the mayhem squad. The end.

Thank you good night!

5. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    I personally was thinking if the two ended up meeting on the field, and I, personally, am trying to avoid the topic of forming Bruticus unless absolutely necessary.

Not all of them, because Wreckers die often they have new people in there just about as often, a lot of times they're new bloods. As for numbers, numbers alone, a victory does not make. Strategies, positioning, terrain, there's a lot of factors that go into a fight; factors I feel Onslaught will know how to master and work with effectively.

Well isn't that peachy? But not the topic at hand.

Also, the wreckers have 2 counterparts (in a manner of speaking): Mayhem Attack Squad (the original one), and Squadron X (the more recent one).

Wreckers/Combaticons I feel would be a truly good feud/rivalry.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if one can readily assume that the Combaticons would act cohesively in a fight. The supercilious loner Blast Off might very well go off and do his own thing, and Brawl's impulsiveness might get the better of him. I can also see the urge for self-preservation overtaking Swindle at times.

The Combaticons may seem a formidable military unit, but quite a few of the Wreckers (Pyro, Rotorstorm, Roadbuster, Springer, etc.) are splendid soldiers who are easily the Combaticons' equals in skill and strength. I don't think a Combaticon victory is a foregone conclusion here.

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bruticus turns up and wins.

8. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    The only one I can agree with is Brawl, I think Swindle will always have something up his sleeve. Now, Blast Off may not want to listen because of his superiority complex, but I think he'd swallow his pride and begrudgingly follow orders because deep down he knows he wants to be a part of this elite fighting unit. He knows if he wants to stay and kill as much as he wants, he'll do as he's told. I also figure he's probably basically a sniper, allowed to pick off who he wants when not instructed to do something specific, thereby offering support.

I believe in Onslaught as a good enough leader to keep his troops in line and have them desire the same unified goal. Onslaught seems to be the kind of guy to work with his team and not just be a tyrant like Motormaster. Nor does he appear to be the incompetent kind of bot to keep soldiers just for the sake of numbers. If they don't follow protocol, then either they're dead, or off the team.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually my point is relevant to the topic. The wreckers are a much more elite class. Sure the combaticons are a notch up compared to his actual counterpart due to inherent offensive abilities but thep wreckers are like the dirty dozen of autobots. They operate on different rules, so to speak, compared to the majority rank, and as such can nullify overwhelming threat with the proper preparation.

10. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This is a tough one, but, in an all out battle, even with forming Bruticus, I'd have to say the Wreckers will have a military victory, becasue they will do whatever it take,s even give their own lives, to meet the goal, the Combaticons won't.

11. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wreckers 1 Combaticons 0

I agree that the Wreckers, ignoring the fact that they have more in their ranks, would win due to their more gung-ho approach.

The thing is, it would create some interesting face-to-face battles, for example;

Vortex vs Whirl - aerial chopper battle
    Roadbuster vs Brawl - all out war!
    Springer vs Onslaught - two solid leaders

And that's just off the top of my head! I'm sure there'd be more.

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Wreckers. no question, they would probably open with killing and combatacon to end the threat of bruticus then pick off the rest.

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    If they form Bruticus, Twin Twist will drill under him, making the ground too unstable for his weight. They'll have to either separate to be picked off one-by-one, or try and fight off the wreckers' full artillery barrage from land and air while half-buried.

There's also the "shoot the three buttons on his back" trick. Roadbuster could do it by himself.

14. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

Intresting question. let's see....
    On the combaticons....yeah, combiner team and all, but even without Bruticus they're powerful. As stated before, though, they don't really work together that well, what with being Decepticons and all. Bruticus, meanwhile, is just as well armed as Movieverse Ironhide....but he's rock-stupid and the most tactical strategies he makes is "Smash this one first". The Wreckers have the same problem of little strategy other than bring down the house, but they get the job done; their success rate is a little higher than their mortality rate. I would have say it would be a stalemate at worst; mind you, one has to take into account that the Wreckers' roster changes every five minutes.

Now what about the Wreckers Vs. Bombshock and his drones? That, I'd like to see.

15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    It would be a very close call. Both teams are elita commando's, though the Combaticons have always worked as a team (save for when Swindle goes solo-adventuring) and are thus a lot more tuned in to each other, whereas the Wreckers tend to shift frequently. I think it would depend on who'd be in the Wrecker team, and especially who their leader would be. There are few Cybertronians that are a match for Onslaught, who's pretty much the Decepticon equilevant of Patton. Maybe Kup...

One advantage that the Wreckers would have though is that they are a lot better with melee skills; the Combaticons always seemed to be about 'normal' combat, and I can't recall them ever engaging in close quarters combat.

I also strongly disagree that the Wreckers would win because of their more gung-ho approach. That is exactly the kind of thing that Onslaught would find a way to turn against them. Likewise, Onslaught wouldn't be stupid enough to form Bruticus, despite the Combaticons' wishes; he'd be a way to easy target with the Wreckers. If he does form Bruticus, it'd be out of desperation.

Nah, the Wreckers wouldn't do that. They take high risk missions and are ready to die if need be, yes, but they'll still only do a self-sacrifice if there is absolutely no other way to get the job done. Or if they get careless, of course.

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The moment the Combaticons form Bruticus, they're reducing their numbers from five down to one, and making themselves a much larger target. They practically throw the fight away at that point, the extra firepower they gain is insignificant against a unit who'll just psread out, flank them and use concentrated fire to hit each and every weak spot.

Anyone read how Menasor went down in Ongoing #6 from a coordinated attack from the regular Autobots? Imagine that hitting Bruticus with the Autobot's elite special ops team on the giving end. He'd barely stand a chance.