3D Artwork: The Wreckers: Refute

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by The Librarian, Jul 23, 2006.

1. The Librarian

The Librarian Well-Known Member

I've got a new program: Pro Engineer! One up from Pro Desktop and I intend to use it.

Go here to read about how the Armadaverse Wreckers were formed.

But, more importantly, here's the model!

[​IMG]

Refute

“You call that damage? I’ll show you damage!”

Bio:

Most Minicons would rather stay out of the War, hiding from the unwanted attention of the larger Cybertronians. Refute, however, throws himself into combat with the wild abandon of those who do not care how much damage they sustain just so long as the enemy is the one who falls. He has a deep loathing for anyone wearing a Decepticon symbol, born from his brutal treatment during their first attacks. One of the few of his kind who were able to escape from the internment centres, it is rumoured that he tore most of the guards apart before fleeing (reluctantly) into Autobot territory. Although he lays the blame for what has been done to his species firmly at the feet of all ‘guzzlers’, he has fallen in with the infamous Wreckers, dedicating his life to Megatron’s downfall.

A living embodiment of the saying that size doesn’t matter, Refute is more than capable of taking on those far larger than himself – and between his tenacity, his strength and his sheer unwillingness to give up, he usually wins.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Abilities:

Subject is one of the strongest known Minicons. His powerful claws are capable of slicing through ten centimetre of solid steel. In vehicle mode, he is capable of traversing extremely rough terrain at considerable speed and has limited flight capabilities. The antenna mounted on his shoulders can generate pulses of high-energy radiation that have the effect of damaging any unshielded electronics within a one-kilometre radius.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Weaknesses:

Subject is willing to take huge risks in combat, which can leave him in extremely dangerous situations. His powers can be counteracted by sufficient shielding.

Enjoy!

2. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Cool!!!!

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nicely done!:thumb 

4. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

Very nice modelling.

5. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

some good modeling in there. I'm guessing that this is based off of the toy?

Regardless, Refute is one of my favorite Minicons and it's a damn shame that the most characterization we got of him was limited to his profile entry and his comments on Smokescreen and Hoist in the Dreamwave Armada More Than Meets The Eye! books.

6. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I don't care much for the design of the bot itself, but I LOVE the texturing and colouring job. It looks totally kick ass, so different from the traditional CG style. I like!