3D Artwork: The Wreckers: Rack and Ruin

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by The Librarian, Sep 16, 2006.

1. The Librarian

The Librarian Well-Known Member

Great grief, this took a long time...

What can I say? I dither a lot.

Another AEC continuity Wrecker(s) from (and indeed one of the three main protaganists of) my 'Forget Me Not' Tale from Cybertron. The link's in the sig if you want to find out more about these two.

To sumerise:

Rack and Ruin

"Decepticon destruction is my favourite sport." "Mine too."

Bio:

Whilst the Decepticon’s attempts to replicate the Powerlinx process eventually led to the Constructicons, numerous earlier experiments resulted in the creation of highly unstable mechanoids who were quickly discarded as failures. Two such ‘prototypes’ were Rack and Ruin. Permanently fused together, they escaped from the scrap heap and eventually found their way to an Autobot base. Though the soldiers took them in, it soon became apparent that no one really knew what to do with the strange, conjoined robots. They were passed from squad to squad until they eventually ended up in the elite battle unit known as the Wreckers.

Harbouring deep-seated hatred for their creators, Rack and Ruin (or RR as they are often known) have turned that anger into an impressive Decepticon body count. Indeed, the sight of the two small Autobots charging across the battlefield wielding a turbo-hammer and a laser anvil is something most of Megatron’s lieutenants have come to dread.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Abilities:

The flaw in Shockwave's prototype linking process left his two test subjects permanently fused at the left and right shoulders respectively. All their vital systems have been routed through the resulting conduit, along with a thin strand of pure spark energy. The interweaving of the two beings and current science’s poor understanding of the spark means that it is impossible to break the connection without terminating them both.

For some unknown reason, the merger instigated a reaction within Rack and Ruin’s exo-shells. Their outer armour has become incredibly dense, meaning that they can take an enormous amount of punishment in battle. Their unique mental cohesion allows them to process data at an amazing speed and careful organisation of the twin internal structures gives them a near complete back-up system.

Early on, Ruin’s forearm was replaced with a universal mounting block, allowing him to utilise a wide variety of tools – usually a personalised battle hammer. Rack retained his standard manipulator and wields a heavily plated laser: his ‘anvil’.

They transform into a battle chariot style vehicle equipped with anti personnel weapons.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Weaknesses:

Though they most often act as the perfect team, constantly evaluating and improving on each other’s tactics, any arguments severely damage their effectiveness. Despite their ferociousness, heavy armour and heavier armaments, they possesses only average strength – albeit twice over – and can be overwhelmed by sufficient opposition. This problem is all the more pronounced when Ruin takes the lead and lands them in more danger than necessary.

Anyway, one more for the road: they're Wreckers, so logically, we need a good 'Wreck and Rule!' moment:

[​IMG]

Till the next time: enjoy!

2. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

Thats hot man =]

3. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Pretty niffty idea, I like it not finished yes? Well hope it gets better, I think I will enjoy your work

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey Librarian, you've done an excellent job on these guys. Really awesome modeling! :thumb 

5. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

very kool man and a intresting combination, conjoined bots intresting :D . Images are awsome what more need to be said

6. The Librarian

Thanks all!

OmegaVPrimus: I don't quite understand? These two are finished - what makes you think otherwise?

Thanks for all the comments :thumb 

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's niiice!

I think someone did a kitbash of them.....

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's cool!

9. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

That's great stuff.

10. The Librarian

If you mean this:

[​IMG]

...t'was me! Yep, this is my one and only true kitbash - very simple use for a pair of spare Energon figures: take two Wideloads, a few Lego parts, join them at the shoulders with the figures' own joints and hey presto, instant Wrecker.

Lonewolf, Cataclizm1: Thanks!