The worst "traitor" in Transformers history?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Kickback, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Who in your eyes is the biggest traitor in Transformers history?

Is it Starscream (G1) who tried time and time again to destroy Megatron, only to use his leader's demise at the hands of Optimus Prime to rise to power for 15 minutes?

Was it Swindle (G1)? He did sell his fellow Combaticons as spare parts...

Dinobot (BW) betrayed Megatron, almost betrayed the Maximals, then was killed. Came back as TM2 Dinobot, and ended up betraying the Predacons again at the end.

There's Sideways in Armada, Demolisher and Inferno in Energon, Sideways and Soundwave in Cybertron...

For me, personally, it's Rhinox.

Rhinox was Optimus Primal's right-hand man in all of Beast Wars, and he was the first one discovered in Beast Machines ... as Tankor. And when they found him, Rhinox had concluded that Megatron had the right idea all along, that organics were a virus that had to be exterminated.

Rhinox turned his back on the Maximals, on his friends and comrades, and tried to destroy them.

It's like having a main character for 3 years suddenly turn traitor and then die as payment for his twisted principles. That was like "Woah" to me.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't classify E. Inferno as a traitor. If memory servers, he never fully turned against the autobots, he simply fought off Megatron's influence in the end and until he did he left the autobots so he wouldn't hurt anyone.

I agree that Rhinox was the worst traitor for the reasons you state. While Dinobot seemed to switch sides more than most people change their underwear, Dinobot was more guided by his code of honor. If the side he was on was no longer compatible with the path of honor he had set for himself he'd switch sides. Rhinox on the other hand made the proverbial left turn at Albuquerque and suddenly adopted an entirely new set of guiding principles contrary to the ones he followed during BW. Only in death did he realize what he had done.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    G1 Starscream is by far the worst traitor. He had no subtlety and was never able to provide the muscle to back-up his mouth. He'd frequently proclaim himself leader every time Megatron had a cough, then wet himself and started begging for mercy when Megs confronted him.

Terrible, terrible traitor.

4. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Definately Rhinox.

I dont really consider Dinobot a traitor, for the reasons stated above.

You left out Blitzwing.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    your thread title said worst, but your post said biggest

going by the thread title, I say

yes, yes it is.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Mirage in the episode 'Traitor'. I mean he was only SUSPECTED of betraying the Autobots, when he actually wasn't betraying them.

So that makes him the worst traitor.

Followed by Cyclonus, who only 'betrayed' Galvatron out of a need to save his mind and his life.

That makes cartoon Mirage and Cyclonus the WORST traitors of all time, since they're merely accused of doing so :D 

7. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Got to give him credit,he never gave up trying.

8. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Hot Rod and Perceptor, from G1.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing Hot Rod for letting himself be used as Megatron's shield in the movie, inadvertently killing Prime? And Perceptor for curing the Decepticons of Cosmic Rust?

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd throw it to Rhinox simply because you didn't see it coming. The worst at being a Traitor would have to be Starscream (G1) for no other reason than everybody knew that if Megs tripped and fell down Starscream would declare that Megatron had fallen and it was he who would now be the new Leader.

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Starscream was more a usurper than a traitor. That may be splitting hairs, but hey. He was just power hungry, it wasn't an idealogical difference.

With that in mind, I think I have to go with Rhinox.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Character that has the most impact as a traitor - Rhinox...that's one of the reasons why I didn't like BM...because I couldn't believe that Rhinox who was such a noble and decent character could have sold out the Maximals...the character change was too dramatic for me.

I also think G1 Swindle was terrible! I mean to sell his fallen comrades-in-arms!? How low can one get?

Character that were lousy as traitors - G1 Starscream wins hands down for balantly announcing his intentions! :D 

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Actually, if you recall, Rhinox was never perfect. In fact, he always had the potential to be the most evil, sadistic, bastard out of both the Maximals and Preds. Remember when he was turned evil in BW? That program didn't just make him evil. It brought out what was already there.

I believe they picked Rhinox because of that episode. Due to it being established that he had a very strong dark side all along, people might have understood his betrayal.

14. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Perceptor for claiming that damage easily repaired by any munky with a crow bar and welding torch was lethal. Seriously, what kind of Cybertronian scientist can't fix a hole in the side of a giant robot?

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get what you mean but its still kind of a shock especially after seeing Rhinox on the side of the good guys during BW and how he contributed to the team - bring back Primal when he was blown up.

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol  I know exatcly what you mean. :D  Anyway, my vote goes to G1 Screamer. No one ever tried harder to unseat the Decepticon Command. Also if it wasn't for Starscream, the Autobots never would have been reactivated in G1 causing it to be a very short series.

Decepticons drain the Earth dry, return to Cybertron and finish off every other Autobot from Fortress Maximus on down. :eek: 

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My first thought was Armada Sideways, although I'd forgotten about Rhinox / Tankorr.

Sideways was a real piece of work. He befriended the Autobots merely to get the Star Saber into Decepticon hands merely to prolong the war and force both sides to recover the rest of the Minicon weapons. He played both sides to achieve this goal, even betraying the Decepticons then playing Thrust against them, forcing Thrust to go against the very faction he'd revered until that point. He used Starscream through Thrust, he even abandoned Thrust after he'd got what he wanted. The whole way through Armada you knew Sideways was up to something, yet every act of treachery was shocking because of how calmly and coldly he carried it out.

I'd say he deserves a second place right after Rhinox, and I agree, that first season episode with evil Rhinox was a key factor in his character too. It's like the writers of Beast Machines looked to that episode to make their evil Rhinox.

18. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think Starscream was so much a traitor to the Decepticons' cause, but mostly to Megatron. Starscream wanted victory for himself and the Decepticons, IMO. I think that makes him more power hungry than a traitor.

I'm not too familiar with the late BW/early BM storyline, but, that stuff about Rhinox switching teams leads me to believe that he could be the worst/biggest traitor.

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, that almost makes me wish I'd watched more than 10 episodes of Armada. Almost.

20. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Swindle. Selling out your boys is just wrong.