The Worst things On TFW?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

I mostly post in the Radicons section, but there are a few things that bother the shit out of me there:

People who comment on what others need to do or should do with their customs, but have NEVER posted a custom of their own.

People who constantly haunt their own threads and feel they need to reply to every post in that thread as soon as possible, no matter how small.

Folks that talk, and talk, and talk about making a certain custom but never really deliver. Make it or shut up about it.

Threads that seem to be a conversation between only two people. Thats what PMs are for.

Custom fan character's bios... seriously is that needed? Do we need to know that your custom character is faster than the speed of light and his hobbies include staring off into space while dreaming of ponies? It's a TOY! Its Art. Its not real, it doesnt need a biography.

Adult colectors who bitch and moan about the direction of a KIDS toy line or cartoon. Alts and MPs (maybe even universe 2.0) are one thing, but most TF lines are aimed kid's.

2. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    I love this site! I can't really find anything to complain about, other than the strong language that's sometimes used

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Only people that have done customs should be allowed to make suggestions? That's just silly. Just because they haven't posted a custom before doesn't automatically make their comments invalid, or rude for that matter. They may specifically say something that is rude or what-not, but ruling them out specifically due to a lack of customs from them is silly.
    I kind of agree, but it's their own thread right? Don't visit their thread if you don't like it. Maybe the people that make comments appreciate a response.
    Art is sometimes knowing when to not make it. Talking about a certain custom is part of the process for hashing out how/if they want to do it for sure or not. I don't see why this could have an impact on you. If they want to keep discussing it before doing it then that's their own choice. Why complain about it?
    Having a 2 way conversation in an open thread invites others to join in. Stop following the thread if you are tired of it.
    Are you kidding? Customs are also Toys, just as much as they are Art. If someone wants to be artistic with Bio's then what's the problem? It's almost the exact same as making customs to begin with. It's just as much Art as a custom.
    /agree
    I've never understood why some feel that they are entitled to have control over the direction the toys go in. Don't like? Don't buy. Don't cry either.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I did donate, apparently it wasn't enough.

5. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

You need to have $25 total to get access.

6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've noticed sometimes that the site will, it seems, load extra pages. Watching the status bar, it'll say "loading www.tfw2005.com" "loading www.tfw2005.com/index.php" etc. Not sure if I got the pages right, but yeah, it only does it when the site loads at a crawl.

7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You make me cry...

Sorry guys, ain't gonna happen. I had to put up with you schlubs as a mod, and all I get is that badge.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, we did bring the epic lulz. :D 

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    ^ z0MFg THIS!

Nearly all my petty gripes with TFW aren't site-related at all -- they're usually caused by members:

Members resurrecting zombie threads

Members who continually post toy-related posts in the General Discussion forum. Some of them have even been around for a while and should know better.

Members stating opinion as fact

Member speculation in the TFA and Movie forums

Members who are too lazy to bother searching for answers on their own before posting

Members (esp. newcomers) who don't bother to search the forum before posting. I mean, seriously... do you think that this is the first time in 25 years of fandom that someone has asked a question like: "what's your favorite movie quote/TV show/episode/toy/voice/character/combiner/fembot". Also, any and all "who would win" speculation threads just seem so pointless to me. But eh... that's fandom and open discussion, and I'm just a cranky old fan.

In short, I guess the worst things on TFW are sometimes the fans.

Otherwise, I have no complaints with the site other than the aforementioned issue with deeplinked news posts. They make my clicking-finger hurt.

10. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

People that don't have a sense of humor. Don't take shit so seriously. Its only the internetz.

11. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

When people say "Gen 1" instead of "G1"

When people post wanted ads for toys that aren't even out yet, sometimes by six or more months. (I'm looking at you people who posted "Wanted: Masterpiece Grimlock" in the wanted forums)

Razerwire never returns my calls.

12. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

I can't stand animated sponsor bars. on any site. they annoy me and i can't focus on them and they hurt my eyes.

13. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Hmmm... some of the resource sections.

14. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Radicons layout. It's all backwards, and a bit of an eyesore, IMO. It's easier to just not go there.

The Similar Threads module has no date cut-off so old threads get promoted. *scrolls to bottom of page* Why would I be interested in threads from 2005? Oh, so that's how zombie threads get made...

Google Search failing to find what I'm looking for. Heuristic search < full indexed search.

News articles requiring a click-marathon to actually get the pics, discussion, etc.

Lack of KA :( 

15. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

The similar threads thing is a useful feature. The problem lies with numpties not checking the date of the last post before replying.

16. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

Pepole not reading the thread they are posting in thus saying the same sh!t as almost everyone behind them and as a result when you post it is lost in the incoming tide of the same responses and is ignored.

17. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People who post without reading the thread, and so they just say what has already been said before. That's just stupid and I wish people would stop doing that.

18. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

L O effen L.:rolleyes2 

19. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

when someone quotes a post which has 20 pictures in it from the "lets see cool stuff" threads, so those 20 pictures get loaded TWICE, sometimes more. I hate that

also when someone posts 3 or 4 of almost the identical picture

and yes, having to click half a dozen links from a news link, to finally seeing the picture

hmm.. that's about it really

20. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

and when someone posts a bunch of times in a row instead of one post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.