The Worst things On TFW?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So im just wondering what are some of the things you wish they would change on TFW if not any then good for you.

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    One thing that bothers me is:

In the forums, the default setup for a page is that it only contains about 10 or 15 posts (not sure on the exact amount right now) before creating a new page. The result of this is people will lose track of informative replies much faster and endless pages of useless talk. (For example, somebody might post the correct answer to a question asked by the original poster, but because we are already on page 2 after a couple of posts, people ignore the answer and give their own wrong answers).

Another side-effect of this is threads become less interesting much faster, because if a topic has been discussed for 6 or 7 pages, it's no longer interesting to add your own opinion (it's already lost in the sands of time to begine with. :) ).

I'm sure this has to do with enabling people with slower internet to surf the boards just as easy, but it also produces these effects. I'm sure I can change it somewhere in my personal preferences, but most people won't take their time to do that.

So yeah, I'd say change the board settings to contain more replies per page.

Still, it's only as minor complaint. I'm very happy with TFW. Used to visit Tformers.com before, and although I still do sometimes (I think their databases and reviews are much faster to acces for my likings), TFW has become my 'main spot' because it gets interesting news updates, and gets them fast! :) 

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

You can change that yourself in your user CP. I like keeping the posts per page at the highest number given by the board, which I think is 40 here, but 100 on another board that I mod.

4. col

col ROCK LORD

News Credits:
    It seems like when I come to the website, and don't even go to a specific thread that I have subscribed to for immediate notification of replies, the site still reads it as me visiting that thread, thus sending me another notification of a reply even though I never read the first notification. The link in the email sometimes sends me to a later reply than the one the email was initially notifying me about, forcing me to scroll back or even go back a few pages to the first reply I had not read yet.

Other than that, this is my go-to place for anything TF-related. :) 

5. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The worst thing on TFW?

Twin Twist.

Also spammy Toyark posts.

6. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I wish the podcast would play in Dolby 9.1. Other than that, I'm good.

7. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, those are getting annoying.

I also don't like the links to news posts. I have to click a link to get to the post and then usally another one or two pages if I want to look at a picture. Given, this boosts the page views, but it would be more user friendly to put the content in the forum post.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Aaron Archer no longer posting here.

9. llamatron

News Credits:
    Oh yes, this, a million times this.

10. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Trolls.

11. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

It's getting annoying to see 7 threads with no replies pushing out more useful threads to the second page.

Also I look at the News with no spoilers so it's very irritating when I'm browsing the forums and the Movie section's first post is "(new character) CONFIRMED" It'd be nice if there was a different view of the boards where the movie section was hidden, or at least not show the first thread title for it. Although it's probably really hard to do.

12. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    People who don't read the rules. People who threaten lawsuits when they get busted for breaking said rules. People who use "gay" as a derogatory statement about something they don't like.

13. llamatron

News Credits:
    STFU before I sue your gay ass :mad 

14. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    But I didn't mentions is that I love people who can do all of the above in a single sentence. :dj 

15. GogDog

News Credits:
    Only so many people would have the balls to say that. I love you. (and only so many people would have the balls to say THAT)

16. llamatron

News Credits:
    That's offensive, I'm calling my lawyer. I'm calling my lawyer on both of you.

Oh another bad thing about TFW is the lack of a subforum dedicated to my balls. I've been suggesting they make one for about 3 years now but all I've gotten are a lot of empty promises.

I also dislike the "similar threads" shown at the bottom of every thread simply because it is solely responsible for the recent surge in ZOMBIE THREADS and every time I see one of those and find Shaun_C posting in it I get sad.

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When trying to help fans with TF issues, getting accused of belonging to web sites I post as sources. It's only happened once or twice though, and usually from not from long time members.

Also, thread locks, sometimes.

I still think TFW is the best Transformers site I've ever been a part of. The best Transformers Podcast too.

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was gonna say Kickback, but you're right...

19. GogDog

News Credits:
    I think there is a "Llamatron's Balls" subforum on TransformersAnus.com, amirite?

20. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I agree completely! It has become a chore to see some news items. For example, if a new pic of a toy shows up, you have to click the news post, which takes you to the character page, and then you have click on the images tab to see the pics that should be with the news post in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.