The worst review you read

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by monosierra, Jun 30, 2009.

1. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

Some critics I agree with - that the third act was too long, there were too many explosions, the humor crossed the lines at times etc.

Some of the better ones go "Though battles are Transformers' raison d'ĂȘtre, before it's over, Revenge will collapse under the weight of far too many of them." & "Because Bay bombards you with so much, it's easy to forget that he can be a gifted technician."

I agree with the second especially. From the sounds of it, that explosion with Epps, Lennox, Sam & Mikaela running from the orange smoke was the biggest in film history - but because it was sandwiched between so many, it was hard to appreciate the effort Bay put into it.

But some critics are so melodramatic than they left me in stitches. One British reviewer wailed that ROTF was imperialistic, almost calling Bay out as a neo-con and the film as subtle right-wing propaganda. That is reading way too much into a summer blockbuster.

Another critic went on and on about the anti-Arab 'subcontext'. Dear god, what is this? Syriana?

What are some of the most misguided reviews you've read?

2. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Most of them, including the ones on message boards. :D 

3. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous. The right wing propaganda wasn't subtle at all. "PRESIDENT OBAMA WANTS US TO NEGOTIATE WITH TURRORISTS--I MEAN, DECEPTICONS! HE SAYS OUR PRESENCE HERE IS CREATING TURRO-UH, DECEPTICON ATTACKS! WHAT IF WE LEAVE IRAQ, I MEAN EARTH, AND HE'S WRONG?"

Michael Bay is many things, but a master of nuanced political commentary is not one of them.

4. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous. The right wing propaganda wasn't subtle at all. "PRESIDENT OBAMA WANTS US TO NEGOTIATE WITH TURRORISTS--I MEAN, DECEPTICONS! HE SAYS OUR PRESENCE HERE IS CREATING TURRO-UH, DECEPTICON ATTACKS! WHAT IF WE LEAVE IRAQ, I MEAN EARTH, AND HE'S WRONG?"
    The opposite actually, since this argument can not be discussed without politics, i im not saying more.