The worst dotm leader

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatron276, Aug 11, 2011.

?

the worst dotm leader

1. sentinel

6.1%
  2. ironhide

27.3%
  3. bumblebee

68.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

out of leader sentinel,ironhide,and urrgghh bumblebee who is the worst leader class. also who would you like to see get leaders

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    By default I vote for Bumblebee, mostly because his backpack is a bit weird. I still like the base figure a lot.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ironhide. It looks good just standing there though.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From a completely unobjective standpoint, I vote Ironhide.

After the relatively high standard set for the Leader Class after toys like Brawl, RotF Optimus, Sentinel, and even Bumblebee, I feel Ironhide really lets me down. Rather than attempt accuracy in the design that has made previous Leader figures so amazing, Ironhide goes simplistic and gimmick-laden. And despite the simplicity, he's still rather rough and kibbly.

I simply just can't bring myself to buy him.

5. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

bumblebee

6. AMG

AMG Old School

Blue Pants Ironhide.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    My thought exactly.

However I can tell you exactly how the poll will end up due to all the "WAAA I HATE BUMBLEBEE WAAAAH WHY BUMBLEBEE!?"

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Bumblebee, only because I think he wasnt needed. But I think they are all pretty damn decent figures.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee, on the other hand, is fun as hell. A complex, but entirely intuitive and enjoyable transformation, resulting in one of the best proportioned Bumblebee figures to date (if only his head were a bit bigger, and his arm cannon bigger. There's no room in his transformation for a bigger right arm, but they could have squeezed a slightly larger head in there no problem), and his Stealth Force mode is just awesome.

10. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm gonna go with Bumblebee. He is the only leader of the three I don't have, but he suffers the sin of elbows that turn the wrong way, which is something that just bothers the hell out of me. I will simply not buy Leader Bumblebee because of that.

I've tried to forgive it, I promise. But... I'll take DotM Bumblebee (non-Nitro) over Battle Blades Bumblebee any day... and yes, I have both. It just irks me that much. I wish it didn't - it's just a pet peeve.

Sentinel is a pain in the butt to transform to alt mode. Well, he's not hard to transform, he's hard to line up properly. I suspect mine might be a less-than-perfect specimen, or I just can't get it right. Still, if you're not OCD about it, he's pretty neat.

I love Ironhide. I love his transformation... intuitive, but enough steps to keep it interesting. Definitely one of the more simple leaders, but if you get everything lined up right (which was easy for me if I followed the sequence in the instructions), there aren't any fiddly bits. Also, HA Backfire works awesome as a Targetmaster for him.

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Bumblebee. He looks...odd. The proportions seem so off compared to the Cyber Ops Bumblebee. Ironhide would be next, but I could only pick one. ;-;

12. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    I just have this strong distaste for both sentinel(dude holds together as well as humpty dumpty) and ironhide they to me fail on every level, rotf optimus looks at every other leader figure in disappointment. dotm leaders have not stood like the other two lines.

13. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Yup, thing is, all three are pretty good figures. To me, Sentinel is the best of the bunch, almost up there with ROTF Leader Prime I'd say. BB and Ironhide compete for 2nd and third place. Ironhide -might- surpass BB a bit because he comes with fun gimmicks while BB has that... thing.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If you want to be technical, his elbows move fine, it's his wrists that are the problem. His elbows bend just like the movie, but he needs swivel wrists. How this stupid design mistake exists today baffles me. It's very simple. Arms that bend that way can't do anything.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Not even for face slapping and face palming? :p 

16. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

Bumblebee...the toy is fantastic and I have it and enjoy it...it just wasn't absolutely necessary.

17. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    It's not a thread about which one was unnecessary, it's about which one is the worst in terms of being a toy.

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    This. I just can't understand it. Great figures like Battle Blades bee, Leader Starscream or Shockwave would be PERFECT with wrist articulation. It doesn't have to be a balljoint, a simple swivel would have been enough. I know these three have to bend the hands inwards for transformation, but still... It really harms these otherwise flawless designs.

I know there are mods but I don't have the courage to attempt them on my Starscream as he was helluva expensive.

19. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    So if it is fantastic ... and you have it ... and you enjoy it ... why vote for it being the worst leader?

20. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

I voted Bumblebee because it was an unnecessary figure. We know BB is a popular bot, but we have enough BB shelfwarmers. His Leader slot could have been used on Megs or Shockwave or even RATCHET for Primus Sake!