The "Why Unicron Should NOT Be In TF3 Or Any Future Sequel" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hotwire, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

OK. I know there are threads for Unicron, but I've had it! I'm tired of fanboys begging for Unicron, and saying things like, "He could work on screen." He can't! Get it though your head. He's just too frickin' big!

Here's an example of size comparison.
    Let's say they make Unicron the same size as the moon. We won't even go to full planet size.
    The moon is 3,478,800 meters across, or 3,478,800 meters "tall".
    Optimus Prime is 8.53 meters tall.
    That means that the moon is 407,832 times taller than Optimus Prime.

To put this in perspective, the average human 1.75 meters tall, so something 407,832 times smaller would only be, well, microscopic. See, a flea is about 1.5 millimeters tall (about 1148th the height of a human), and the average human can't see it unless he's really looking for it. Now, imagine how small something would be if it was 407,832nd the size of a human. You'd need an electron microscope to even think about seeing it.

Now, who's gonna tell me that Unicron could still share the screen with the Transformers?

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    They could make him a traveling gas ball like they did for Galactus. :lol 

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:

*looks about*

Dyson Sphere! :p 

If Unicron is hanging in the sky (or covering the sky because he's enveloped it in his shell body) then any shot showing humans and the sky together would have both sharing the screen. :) 

And I'm sure Unicron would be aware of any tiny things on or near him. They're potential meals. I'm sure normal-sized TF are aware of all parts of their body, no matter how small, so the same could be likely for Unicron. And he probably has some kind of nanobot system for making self-repairs, so contact with humans could be brought down nearer to our level if need be via that, a'la something like Reed Man or a TF-sized avatar.

4. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Hotwire has given some good reasons to not add Unicron to the live action movie franchise. Here are some more:
    1. We haven't exhausted all the other cool things that a robot can transform into that within our size-scale: an aircraft carrier would still be a huge bot, and if we jump to a planet, all these other huge robots won't be very impressive anymore.
    2. Gravity is a weird thing: the image of Unicron standing on Cybertron in robot mode looked cool, but isn't very plausible, once we come to know a thing or two about the interactions of massive bodies of that size.
    3. Wasn't the comic-book version of the Fallen supposed to have it that he's a disciple of Unicron? If that's the spin they are going to use in the live-action universe, then we will have a really bad, predictable structure of: (movie 1) You thought the baddest decepticon was defeated (Megatron), but you're wrong because (movie 2) *he* answers to an even scarier decepticon (the Fallen). Now, (movie 2) you thought that the baddest decepticon was defeated (the Fallen), but it turns out (movie 3) there's an even scarier decepticon (Unicron). It's time for a change, and I vote that we start by getting a new plot structure!
    3. 'Unicron' is a dumb anagram of 'unicorn'. While I'm pointing out the terrible cheesiness of robot names, let's not have a robot called 'Kup' or 'The Sweeps', either.
    4. Let's not forget, Unicron was really just a bad rip-off of the Death Star. I'm sure we could do better, 25 years later. Presumably we could come up with our own ideas, can't we?
    5. How would Unicron get defeated? The Matrix? Could someone explain to me how that was supposed to work exactly? I've watched that cartoon movie a couple times, and it still seems like (rising rock crescendo, feel-good one-liners, toss out the second-in-command Galvatron to the dark of deep space (*another* Star Wars rip-off) and ... well, for some reason the matrix makes Unicron wanna tear off his own leg; after seeing this, I know the feeling) they just got lazy and decided the kids wouldn't even notice, anyway. Now, that's been happening in the live-action franchise already, but again, it's not too late to demand a change for the better from the upcoming sequels.

If I think of some more arguments, I'll post 'em. I'm sure there are more, but that's enough from me for now.

5. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    Physics was thrown out of the window in the first movie when we had Transformers jumping around the city like they're freaking Ninja Turtles why should we care about it now?

Why do we even NEED a plot? Throw some exsplosion, boobs and CGI and put Transformers on it and it and PUF insant epic boxoffice number. It worked so far!

A bigger railgun :p 

The writers are also lazy in the live-action movies and it worked, why change it?

Seriously guys we had Sam die AND GO TO A F&$%ING ROBOT HEAVEN!!! I think Unicron is pretty believable after that...

6. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good point, but the central theme of my post was that it's not too late to ask for an improvement over what's been done before.

Again, though, that robot heaven thing SUCKED!

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    This is basically a trump-all reply for any arguments against anything in the next TF movie. :p 

8. Autobot 47

Autobot 47 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no unicron!!!!

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    [/QUOTE]Seriously guys we had Sam die AND GO TO A F&$%ING ROBOT HEAVEN!!! I think Unicron is pretty believable after that...[/QUOTE]

Believable. That's the key thing here. Is Unicron BELIEVABLE for TF3? I don't know if he is or not . . . I want to say he is, because he is after all a part of the Transformer Universe, but ROTF couldn't even get the Fallen right.

I know this is a thread against Unicron for TF3, but I will say Unicron CAN work if he is done right. BUT, based on some of your guys' points I will agree that it is a valid argument and I can see it going both ways.

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    If they did Unicron, why does he have to be "planet-size" or even "moon size"? And even if he is, why does he have to come to Earth? Couldn't the Transformers go to space to fight him?

11. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Exactly. People forget that this is SCIENCE FICTION. But I want a good plot/story for the third one and more in-depth character development.

12. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Just how in the hell can he be "done right" and not be planet size? If he was on screen as anything OTHER than a planet sized Transformer, then the fan boys are going to explode. Tell me, just how can he be, "done right?"

The size comparison still works, even in space. If you watch movies like Apollo 13, you'll notice that every time the moon is shown in the same shot as the astronauts, they are still thousands of miles away.

Give it up! Unicron CANNOT be "done right" and should be left out!

13. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    he is too big. it will just be silly.

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I guess...

15. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    Here lies the problem. When we think UNICRON we think of this guy...

Unicron - Transformers Wiki

But were in the "Movievirse" or Tyran 707.04 Delta for the hardcore.

I say Unicron could work but just dont drop him in the mix like the Fallen.

My example...

Before the 13 Primes, Unicron was The All Spark's first attempted at creating life on Cybertron. Unicron had an uncontrollable hunger and was able to consume any and everything converting it into energy. The more energy he took in the stronger he became.

The All Spark soon created the 13 Primes to keep Unircon in check. But he grown to large and too powerful. The Primes soon imprisoned him within a small asteroid - (like a planet killer size meteor). Over time Unicron feed on the asteroid taking it into his self as part of his own body.

By this time The Primes had the Matrix of Leadership and it was able to extinguish Unicron's spark. But the same thing that took Unicron's life can also grant him life once more.

Unicron doesn't have to be the size of a moon, he can still be big without being BIG! Let the fanboy say what they may, this is a movie being made for the world not just for them. Everyone was trip'n balls when we seen the changes made in the first movie and it worked out better than anyone expected. Unicron can be used if approached from a different creative prospective that stays true to the character, which is not much. I see him just as flexible as the Fallen.

I don't see what more of a threat Megatron can pose, I'm not saying use Unicron in the 3rd movie but it can be done. Like Bay said, he really cant go any bigger and Unicron would be his only option but he would have to build up to that climax and not just drop it on us.

16. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

Optimus can't take his face.

17. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

This!
    I vote no for Unicron. He simply couldn't be pulled off in the movie. If they actually DID find a way to make him all that we fans would like him to be there's simply no way we could get rid of him without it being lame.

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    At first I was against the IDEA of U N I C O R N in a TF bay film, but then it ocurred to me that he was never true to their designs. So, now knowing his style I'm sure Bay would include him in the film, in a much smaller version, not that planets sized robot we all know.

I was thinking a robot slightly bigger or a lot bigger than Blackout, for a unicorn character in the film, yes, only this way would work.

19. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I don't want to see Unicron, because IMO, they would just screw it up. Look what they did with Devastator in ROTF.

20. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    I always liked the tank Unicron best Image:Unicroncybertron.jpg - Transformers Wiki

Like an all powerful being gets trapped in a small body, much better than my first idea LOL!