The "Why the heck did I buy this?" thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Taker, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Have you ever felt like this? Buying something, and then regret about it?

I bought a KO Voltron, it looked really cool on package, 5 lions that can combine into a robot. It was fine until I opened the package, the figure had really bad quality, his face was not coloured at all, and it was difficult to keep him standing. At least it was cheap, but lost money.

What about you?

2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Yeah. Classics Grimlock. I thought he looked cool on the box and pics online. I always hater the whole "his dino head is his feet" thing, but I could see past it. Once I got it out of the box, I was angery with myself. It's blocky and clumsy, the transformation is almost random in its design, it's hard to stand, and the weapons are akward. I still have the thing, but only because I wanted my Classics set to be complete.

3. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I thought I would feel bad about spending $$ on BT Black Convoy, but I don't.

I did feel stupid spending BBTS-type money on Supreme Cheetor and then finding him for much less in the stores the day that I got the "item shipped" email. Oh well, I do like that one too believe it or not.

4. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I've been digging through my stuff for a sale thread, And I have to wonder on in what state of mind was I in when I got these things.

5. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I usually buy what I like, but my taste has changed over the years. Perhaps my single biggest regret after I bought it was BM Nightscream.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

I remember a handful of years ago I picked up a WWE wrestling ring that came with an exclusive Vinny Mac figure at Toys R Us. The ring was awful. The quality was so cheap that when you put the ropes on it would bow the ring posts. Needless to say I tossed the sucker in the garbage. What a waste of money. At least I got a cool Vince figure out of the deal.

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Knockoff G1 Megatron. I thought he had the worst robot mode ever even when I was 8, swearing I'd never buy him ever. And for 22 years I didn't! Then last birthday I found a knockoff for $20. I was in NYC for my b-day and our plane was leaving later that day, I guess the potential thrill of bragging rights of saying I got Megatron past airport security (even if he stayed in robot mode in his packaging) proved too great a temptation.

Alt Swerve. Um, why did I get this?

I recently went through my collection and found about 30 TFs I would not miss if I got rid of them. I don't really feel like parting with them yet, but it does make me wonder why I got 'em in the first place.

8. TestDrive

TestDrive razzle dazzle

I bought a snowboard about 4 years ago and have yet to go anywhere even close to a bunny slope since then what a stupid purchase

9. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

To resell for insane profit?

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    a lot of Armada figures, particularly Smokescreen

a few knock-offs

just tonight I bought the new Sigma 6 Cobra Firefly. He's pretty cool, but I picked him over Rodimus (the last new-mold Classic I need) and I'm wondering if I made the right choice

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I felt this way about damn near everything I got from cybertron.

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Back in the day I bought 4 of the 5 Technobots (already had the fifth) and regretted it for a couple of weeks. Hardly even opened them at first.

13. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Yeah for some stupid reason i bought a bunch of the energon party stuff... man what a mistake that was hugh waste of money.

14. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Still got that party stuff? I'll buy it from ya? :D 

The biggest mistake has to be a lot of the figures from Armada. Sold a bunch in a huge lot just recently. And then there was Alt Swerve. Thankfully I kept him in package and sold it on Ebay for a good price.

15. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Some KO's mostly. Maybe some of the Cybertron Toys.

16. spamo123

spamo123 Artist. Contact me.

I bought all three Energon combiners. Looking back all that searching wasn't really worth it. I don't generally get repaints, and the combined modes don't really look that great.
    But, it was just due to the gestalt craze during the final days of Energon.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Back in the days of BW I was trying to be a completist collector, even buying extras in a "one to display, one to handle" way. Suddenly I was looking at toys like Fuzor Injector and came to the realization that I was spending a lot of money on toys I didn't like. I changed my buying habits shortly after, though it's not like I really bought a lot less from that point on.

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For anything I bought online to later see it appear in the local Walmart, Target or TRU. Just for the money lost to shipping. Other than that, I at least like (as opposed to really like, love, google at etc.) just about everything I've gotten. It's all "TF Crack" to me. There aren't many Transformers that I have nothing good to say about. If it just seems bad enough, I just don't buy it. I'm very choosey with K.O.s. I expect K.O.s to be cheap, and when they are slightly better than cheap it's really good. The lastest being the KOWSTF Fort Max. Oh, and I only get K.O.s that are bigger or smaller than the originals, that way I don't think HAS_TAK_TOM gets cheated.

19. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I felt like that anytime I bought a bootleg.

20. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I regret buying the Armada Optimus. He's a clunky piece of junk and he's worse when he's in "super" mode. This TF soured me on the whole supermode concept.