The Whole Blaming Rodimus For The Death Of Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Soundwaver, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

And logic dictates and any senecio is possible

Not just the one you feel is

which was based on the early Scripts, Saw print

so hardly BS on on my part, and in fact it is the only hard fact introduced in this conversation my dear friend.....lol

Exactly, thanks for proving my point

He knew who Megatron was for over 9 million years, He even knew who he was in the first season

He had plenty of opportunities to do the deed and did not

And none of what you post it supports the idea that he would’ve decided all of a sudden to do it now after not doing it for 9 million years

• Like Like x 1
  2. Altered Prime

officall movie adaptation Optimus: Megatron must be stopped no matter the cost. “

Megatron grabs a gun and fires with out optimus firing back

No hostage

Oh yeah what did he say again

• Like Like x 1
  3. Altered Prime

and gets nothing

4. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Logic dictates that the most likely scenario to happen according to a varried degree of data. My feelings have nothing to do with anything. Its pure logic.

Its BS because its still in another universe.

And nobody said that he couldnt have a change of heart. Also every time he left Megatron live was either due to neccessity or honour been at stake. There is nothing of the two at play here, so hardly proving your point.

5. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

Well how come he didn't dodge the bullet before in the 1986 Marvel movie comic ( Roddie wasn't even there)? How come he didn't dodge the bullet in the movie? Hot Rod being there shouldn't stop Optimus Prime from dodging. Hot Rod would have to died, but by the power of Hasbro, he would come back to life because they need to sell his toys. Heck, if I was in charge, I would have OP dodge the bullet. Would Hot Rod live? Yes because he will use his fire rods. That's the one thing I hate about that movie. Hot Rod isn't stupid. Okay I read that his marvel profile states him not being too sharp, but he shouldn't be that stupid. I think someone hated way before he got OP killed. Why else have him be a part of OP death?

6. pilot00

Thats according to you. The whole scene is set up exactly to convey the feeling that Optimus is going to do it once and for all. Its funny all you guys that complain how childish g1 is to its scripts and even after 30 years of everything been analysed to death you cant fathom simple feeling and visual conveying. Everything must be chewed down to itty bitty tids or explained by the producers in order to understand it. I dont know if I must cry or laugh at this. He gunned 10ish Decepticons in cold blood and run over another. Optimus. G1 Optimus. FFS.....

The guy is sitting at the ruins of the quite possibly the greatest thing the Autobots ever built, he sees his friends dead and the Decepticons making the final push that will end a war 9 million years and who knows of how many races it has consumed. And it will consume another one if left unchecked. Even his stance (let asside the quote) declares his intentions. If you cant understand this....

7. Altered Prime

yep all of that happened on the comic

Megatron still picked the gun and fired before Optimus could react

No hotrod

• Like Like x 1
  8. Altered Prime

Actually pure logic dictates to just about anything is possible at any given time

So it seems your feelings do have something to do with those. .
    With the same prior events taking place ,

So unless you could tell me why it’s in possible for those events you have played out in the universe and question then there is no BS about it
    Exactly again thanks again for proving my point

Acchange of heart could’ve led him to getting shot in the film even with out any interference
    Necessity or honor was not the case in every event

So yeah you did indeed prove my point

• Like Like x 1
  9. pilot00

AND THATS ANOTHER F*&*&&&& UNIVERSE!

10. pilot00

Ok youre a dog and the entire G1 is Spikes Wet dream.

ITS A FUCKING DIFFERENT UNIVERSE WHAT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND? Mother of God you are not 5...
    Could would should, matters not. He did what he did. Man up and accept it.

11. Altered Prime

No it’s according to Canon evidence

That whole scene and the st up was mirrored in the comic

It still didn’t lead to optimus doing the deed

And no, I completely get the understanding of simple feelin of visual story telling and how a scene can convey a message

But the childish story telling of the time wouldn’t have allowed for the hero to up and kill his enemy’

I’ll say again, comic had all of that as well and they did not change the outcome of events

• Like Like x 1
  12. Altered Prime

Speak about childish responses
    With the same fucking events leading up to the interference, but with no interference , and no different outcome

Maybe you’re the one that’s five if you’re not getting it
    And there’s just no reason to assume , based on the evidence from the Show,that Optimus would’ve completed the deed you need to man up and except that

• Like Like x 1
  13. pilot00

I am stopping now, and I am going to never again respond to you Altered Prime in discussions that have to do with lore questions.

Sometimes your propositions are spot on and brilliant but more often than not your mind just stucks into something and you conjure up BS out of nowhere to justify something that cant be justified, like a 5 year old. And I really dont have the patience to deal with imaginary friends.

Forgive me for saying this but as far as such dicsussions about g1 lore are concearned we are done, untill you find the mettle to accept when you are wrong.

And this is the epitome of what I am talking about in my previous post: When you know you are wrong, when your own arguements are used against you, you dont accept them, only when you are using them. So yeah we are done here.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  14. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

We do

15. Altered Prime

And that’s irrelevant, which I’ll get into

You just don’t seem to understand why your examples are failing to prove your point , yes it’s a different universe but that’s because of an editing change

This was written as the way they expect/wanted the event to unfold in the TV show/movie universe

But that doesn’t mean that with out the interference movie optimus’es fate would have been any different then the one from that comic without the interference
    I will be sad and if you don’t respond but if that’s how you choose to continue that’s up to you

I haven’t conjured anything other than the solid facts while nothing you said or seen in the film disproves

Yes it’s a different universe, but that’s only because the script was changed later in production, the comic was derived from earlier Scripts written for the movie, it was based on how the writers originally felt the event in the film should unfold

It shared everything , all day he events that lead up to the scene in question minus the interference but with the same outcome, and that completely disapprove the reasoning for your argument

You claim that after seeing the destruction would motivate optimus into finally finishing Megatron, you claim that his dialog proves he would complete the deed, you said seeing the dead, his actions upon arrival are all evidence that he would have done the deed

And yet the optimus from that comic saw, witnessed all the same things, was just as motivate and spoke dialog that, if not the exact words, conveyed the same message......And yet even without the interference you blame as the sole reason megatron got the drop on him, optimus still ended up not being able to fire first

And remember, The book was taken from the script written for the Optimus prime of the movie and cartoon universe.......So if the book although a different universe was originally written for how the movie was intended to unfold, then why even without the interference did that Optimus prime still not fire first?

Forgive me but I’m not the one who seems to be having an issue with being wrong

How did you use my argument against me?

You’re calling it a wet dream and I’m using a scenario that actually happened and have Canon backing

You have been no way shown me to be wrong, And in fact have fallen back on a tactic you use quite often which is to go we will spectrum

You know damn well that when I speak of all the possibilities I’m still talking about possibilities that have either been shown to be possible within the series

Nobody suggesting wet dreams or the possibilities of kryptonite all of a sudden coming in and stopping the bad guys

If you want to prove me wrong you tell me why the optimist from that comment share the same seat without the interference

And I know you don’t care and didn’t read it but again keep in mind this was what they intended to originally give you in the film

That was originally how he was supposed to intend to die so tell me how that Optimus suffering all the same stuff still ended up not shooting first

Don’t tell me his dialogue don’t tell me he was fed up don’t tell me that when he showed up he shut down a bunch of bad guys

You seem he’ll bent on proving me wrong, so let me tell me ou how to do that

Tell me why we can expect it would’ve been different for the optimus of the film then from the Optimus from that script/comics?

Tell me reasons that both did not share Or experience that day

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Prime got himself killed due to allowing megatron to speak, instead of shooting Megatron in the head before Hotrod could interfere, plain and simple.

Prime got himself killed for being Prime, he's got nobody but himself to blame.

A real Prime would have totally blew Megatron's Head off because Megatron killed an entire Shuttle full of his friends and fellow Soldiers.

It's war, there is no hesitation. You kill the enemy or the enemy kills you. It's all about survival.

• Like Like x 1
  17. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Unlike most, I actually didn't blame Hot Rod for Optimus's death. Consider that Megatron is so desperate to defeat Optimus during the battle, I don't think the outcome would be much different if someone else attempt to stop Megatron or Hot Rod did something else. Hot Rod's action is a bit reckless but in defense of him, Hot Rod had tried to stop Megatron quickly and he did has good intention (Not to mention he did apologizes for screwing up).

I think that it's such a shame that Hot Rod as a character gets so much backlash in the G1 days, so much to the point of Hasbro refuses to give Hot Rod another chance to shine in modern mainstream TF media (The IDW comics and the Machinima shows didn't count, since most people outside this fandom didn't even know those exists). For someone that likes Hot Rod, that kinda sucks since I would love to see Hot Rod get treated a lot better fiction-wise; But the chance of that seems incredibly small right now.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

From what read from some fans is that most don't hate him. It's more of half and half. Actually this-->What Are Your Feelings Towards Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime? said the opposite. I also read that his fans are slowly, but growing. So glad that he's going to be on Cyberverse.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  19. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

Bay Prime would've done the job quicker way before Hot Rod could jump in. However, even though Prime shouldn't waste his time talking. Hot Rod still shouldn't jump in like that.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  20. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

Optimus Prime didn't need to restrain Megs alright. That's how he probably died in the 1986 Marvel movie comic without Hot Rod in the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.