The weakest Autobot and Decepticon?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nerdling, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I was wondering who you guys thought was the weakest G1 Autobot or Decepticon. My guess is that Gears and Powerglide are really weak good guys and one of the cassettes probably ranks last among the Decepticons.

Though my choice of Autobots is debatable, they tended to have some really crappy guys show up in one ep and never appear again.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

You mean weak characters, or weak physically?

Gears got a whole issue to himself in the Marvel Comics... heh, he teamed up with Spider-Man. It always struck me as weird that they picked Gears for that particular story. I guess his incessant griping was supposed to make an interesting contrast to Spidey's incessant flippancy.

As for strength, I believe he's the 3rd strongest original Autobot, after Prime and Brawn. :) 

zmog

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Wheelie...

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

From TFU.info, and Bumblebee's tech spec:

"Small, eager, and brave, Bumblebee acts as messenger and spy. Due to his small size, he dares to go where others can't and won't. He idolizes the bigger Autobots, especially Optimus Prime and Prowl, and strives to be accepted. He is the most energy efficient and has the best vision of all the Autobots. He can go underwater for reconnaissance and salvage missions. Although physically the weakest Autobot, his stealth more than compensates for this inadequacy."

So there ya go, for the G1 Autobots. For the Decepticons, I'd say you're right, it's probably a cassette. My vote would go to Laserbeak.... he was purely a recon bot and a scavenger, never a fighter. Even Buzzsaw was tougher. Again, here's an excerpt from Laserbeak's tech specs:

"Laserbeak takes pleasure in hunting his prey -- usually the straggling survivors of a battle. Noticeably not brave. Will run for safety if threatened."

5. CrossRook

CrossRook Well-Known Member

Umm, I don't think this should be in the Toyark, unless this somehow deals with the structural stability of the actual toy.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, all depends what you mean by "weak". As a character or as a toy. Judging by the opening post, I'd say as a character so I'll move this to TFGD.

As far as lacking overall goes, I'd have to say Hound is pretty weak. Most other Autobots can hold their own in a fight, but Hound always seemed to get beat up pretty bad, by Soundwave's cassettes of all things!

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Gears was supposedly one of the stronger Minibots, under Brawn and Huffer. I'd say Bumblebee was ONE of the weakest, but I can;t imagine rewind or eject taking himout with just physical strength.

As for Decepticons I'd think Rumble or Frenzy but then again Frenzy did throw Skywarp across the room when SW tried to step on him...so I dunno.

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Cartoon-version Shockwave seemed to always get owned. (Heh. Heh. Shockwave's Burden, anyone?)

I think the weakest bad-guy robots ever in TF fiction would be the gestalts from TF: Zone, and Waspinator.

If we're talking about the structural integrity of the toy, weakest Decepticon would, no doubt, be Masterpiece Megatron and Starscream.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I believe nearly every autobot recieved a smackdown from the cassettes at one point or another during the cartoon. The cartoon sure did like to pimp the cassettes and minibots.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Heh, isn't laserbeak 3-0 against Optimus Prime in the cartoon?

Seriously, Laserbeak was just full of win in pretty much every appearance in the cartoon.

Ratbat seemed pretty worthless though, as I recall.

11. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    ratbat? He tortures micromasters as a cruel decepticon accountant in the comics and is essentially a replacement laserbeak/buzzsaw for deep space missions.

weakest autobot physically would be swoop. yes he's a dinobot but he considers his fragile wings a liability and once their damaged he won't engage in a fight. He has missles and flamethrower breath but that's just to make up for that lacking physical strength. The truth is he's the most kind hearted of the nasty dinobot personalitys and so functions primarily as a scout unit.
    (the beak on the toy is also delicate so point for toy weakness!)

weakest decepticon physically I'd say would be ravage as I've seen spike take him down several times. (megatrons master plan, the immobilizer) without his missles he has a "pounce" attack where he jumps on a bot and does'nt do much else. He's certainly intimidateing but I think he's much weaker than the other tapes. (also without the missles he's a very flat toy with only 1 painted eye)

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    anyone who reads the comics should know Scrounge is the weakest Autobot. I dunno about Decepticon, but "one of the cassettes" sounds like a safe bet

13. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Kosmos seems kind of week too.

Side note, was it Brawl or Huffer or someone else who shot Megatron with his own gun? I cant remember who exactly but Megs called him a midget :lol 

14. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

For Autobots, I'd have to go with Beachcomber.
    For Decepticons, Reflector, what'd he ever do?

15. Pembroke

Pembroke Good Skyfire. Good boy!

That would be Brawn. Small or not, he's got the biggest balls... err... bolts of all the Autobots.

16. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Still waiting for the "authors" definition of weak and what he ment by it :) 

Physical weakest cartoon: Bumblebee & Ravage

Physical weakest comics: Bumblebee & Laserbeak (not writing Ravage, because remember Ravage biting of Mirage's arm!)

Weakest toy design: G.2 Power Masters

Weast toy regarding durability: MP-05 Megatron

17. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Nobody has said anything about WHEELIE? The one that can't shoot for shit?

18. Pembroke

Neither can Shockwave, and he turns into a frikkin' gun. ;) 

19. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

:lolol 
    Shockwave: "..............Asshole"

20. Pembroke

Starscream: I heard that!