The way the Robots think?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by MidnightFlames6, Aug 13, 2012.

1. MidnightFlames6

MidnightFlames6 Swagg :$

How alike are the robots in Prime to the humans. In animated the bots seemed to have a lot of social things in common with the humans. They drank, they attracted to other bots, and they were almost as emotional. In Prime I sometimes find them a lot less emotional and simple next to humans. I don't know how exactly to explain this.

For Example. In Animated certain bots were considered good-look and attractive. In Prime do the robots even consider things like that about each other?

*Do not consider this thread as weird and fanfiction-like because that is not how I am trying to put this.*

And please no hate comments towards me for making this thread. It's my first one.

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    The characters feel less alive, less real. That's because the writers make them so serious

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well for one thing Bulkhead's into heavy metal and monster truck shows like Miko. Arcee and Jack enjoy riding around and helping each other build motorcycles and Bumblebee and Raf play video games together often. So yes they're things that the Autobots enjoy doing with the humans together like with the mini car race at the beginning of Nemesis and the school project in Masters and Students.

Yes it's not shown often but also bear in mind that before Darkness Rising they didn't really do much human stuff. Since the kids came into their lives that's starting to change and they're getting the hang of it. And so far it's been fun seeing that.

And most of the Autobots actually showed emotion a couple of times on the show with the humans espcially Arcee when it comes to Jack,and Bulkhead with Miko.

As for bots calling each other good looking well remember Ratchet's "How's it humming?' comment from Stronger Faster? That tells me that the Autobts know very well what that is :lol 

Though I know a lot of people are going to strongly disagree with this opinion.

4. Avengers

Avengers Banned

The insecticons drones were attracted to Airachnid. so that at least shows some kind of emotional Affection.

5. MidnightFlames6

Yes, but i doubt they dated and stuff like that so It seems to be very different.
    The thing with Ratchet kind of confuses me. They don't have relationships, but they attract to each other? I'm pretty sure that on cybertron they didn't date or call each other pretty and handsome. Maybe it just something they learned on Earth. Or is it just because of the caste system that they never really gave much thought to their social lives?

I remember Arachnid saying in "Metal Attraction" to bulkhead that he wasn't her type.

This Cybertronian Relationship stuff is confusing and anonymous. I really wish the writers will explain a little more of this concept somewhere on the show. Like maybe have one of the kids ask them if they dated or something. Maybe Jack asking for advice about sierra from Arcee?

6. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Breakdown and Airachnid had a lil' thing going on, I think. That is until Airachnid turned into a bunch of Mega Blocks.

7. MidnightFlames6

True. Breakdown did say that he found her intriguing and he did make a comment in "Metal Attraction" saying to arachnid that she didn't care much about for looks ... Or something along those lines. I think he was either calling her ugly or that she didn't care about being pretty....idk -_-

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well Ratchet was on Sythn at the time so he really didn't plan to date Arcee but it's a hint of Cybertonian relationships being like ours though with different customs. So I'm pretty sure that the Caste system may have restricted a lot of relationships on Cybertron at the time.

It would be pretty fun to see one of the kids Miko in perticularly about if Cybertron has any relationships. :lol  I mean perhaps the Autobots forgot what it was like to date and it would be an episode about them remembering.

And on topic the team do have emotions for each other. Like Arcee being worried for Bulkhead in TMI and Operation Bumblebee part 2 for example,Ratchet with trying to help Bee with his problems in the Bumblebee arc,and how the team's trying to get Optimus back in the Orion Pax arc.

9. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Alot of ppl will disagree, but not me!:D  I agree with this extremely.
    I think they do have alot in common with the humans socially (as far as it could go seeing as how theyre stuck in the base most of the time). Yeah, they werent as "alike" until after darkness rising when they were more exposed to humans(ie the kids) I would actually like to know what they did on cybertron, Jack shoudd ask Arcee, or to make it more comfortable Raf ask Bee how exactly cybertronians they coerced with eachother. What were things they said & stuff :) 

If thats what Breakdown meant, then I disagree with him :p 

10. MidnightFlames6

haha you think Arachnid is pretty?

11. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

I guess they have some love realtionships going...or maybe it was just for the higher-class bots...who knows?

12. Kylehudson14

Shes not ugly :D 

13. MidnightFlames6

...well...I have to disagree with you on that :D 

14. Phantom6

Phantom6 Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out how Genders work for Cybertronians.

They're all "Born" from the well of sparks (name may be incorrect). so reproduction is safely assumed to be out.

I'd love to hear some serious theories as to why there are "female" Cybertronians.

15. MidnightFlames6

just in case the wells of allsparks doesn't produce anymore......

16. Phantom6

Phantom6 Well-Known Member

If Primus could see that far ahead he'd have set up something for the AUtobots to stop the Decepticons.

17. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like Kaiju said, the moments are rare, but they're there. It's true though, Animated was on a whole other level, but this show is always relic hunting and killing vehicons (and I'm a big fan!), but you know, those moments happen so rarely. But the everlasting effects, like Kaiju mentioned, is Bulkhead's taste in music, Arcee's caring about Jack and eventually loosening up to help him get closer to Sierra (end of speed metal), and Bee is basically a kid all around. Ratchet's comment to Arcee and how he laughed at that joke on the computer in one shall fall showed more human aspects.

as for... say, commenting on looks, they're definitely there. The Breakdown thing you mentioned was from before he said he was 'interested' in her. I don't think cybertronians look at each other like humans do, but I'm sure htey can find things to appreciate in one another, but most of the moemnts we've had (how's it hummin), were more for comic relief anyways

18. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

I agree

19. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why can't there just be two different 'genders' just because? originally we know it was just to have female characters--but why were there only female autobots back then? (that's the REAL question).

Anyways, a better question is why every cybertronian has to be 'male'? or super big with men voices? etc.

Explaination wise though, maybe just differenct aspects and personalities to be mix and matched. Just because a race doesn't reproduce sexually doesn't mean they can't have 2 genders. At least, that's how I look at it. it's like trying to explain something that we can't comprehend, because we only know it one way

20. Kylehudson14

Im flabbergasted! :lol