THE War For Cybertron: Decepticons DS thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Pravus Prime, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Groundsplitter

Groundsplitter Decepticon

So were Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron and Brawl at the start of the game. Since you can activate Silverbolt and Ramjet right from the start, I guess the programmers determined that it would be unfair to let them start at a higher level.
    It would have been nice though if the game had been programmed to Ramjet and Silverbolt start at a level corresponding to the unlockable characters of the last mission you completed...

2. Groundsplitter

Groundsplitter Decepticon

Well, then let's add to the topic by asking for the answers you need. :) 
    I have no idea, sorry; haven't even looked for one.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Glad to see this thread has still been going.

I'm a little sad to see questions that were answered in the first few posts asked again, but what's to do?

In regards to a few more open ended questions:

A. You're better off playing with a smaller stable of characters then trying to use everyone at once your first time through. You want to develop a kind of A-team that can deal with any type of threat and take on any kind of obstacle. I used Megatron and Skywarp during my first playthrough.

X. In the debate about Endurance vs Regen, I say both. You want to increase your endurance when possible so your characters can take the hits and the regen to get back in the fight quickly. Additionally you've got characters like Megatron who gain special powers that make them even harder to damage and kill with points in Endurance.

Z. Data Disks make all the difference in the world during your playthroughs and the variety of them allow you to come up with the right combo for your current team.

ii. If nothing else, keep a flyer with decent regen as your second character and use him to fly in circles when your Primary character gets damaged, that way the Primary heals and the secondary doesn't have to fight if need be.

4. 1AZRAEL1

1AZRAEL1 Member

I have one little suggestion that I think is a good idea.

Play the Autobots game and just aim to get the Autobots all levelled up and eveything you can. Do the same for the Decepticons, and then play multiplayer to win the characters from both sides. That way, they are all levelled up right away :D 

That is just the quick way I suppose.

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, I'm almost finished with this game (just have the final levels in each campaign to beat) but there's one part that's driving me nuts.

On the Omega Supreme level-- forget Omega Supreme, I can't even GET to the guy. There's these stupid parts where Cliffjumper and then Jetfire fire at you constantly and, as far as I can determine, you can never dodge their shots and they always kill me before I can get to them! ONCE I got past Cliffjumper by hiding behind a ledge here and there, but the section where Jetfire fires at you I can't find any similar ledges to hide behind and re-charge my health levels. How the heck do you dodge these guys' shots?!

6. Pravus Prime

News Credits:

Sounds like you may not have a good A team. Who are you using and what are their strengths?

The best way to get through it if you don't have bots who can take the abuse is with a lot of swapping. Don't ever stop, just keep going and switch often. Additionally, with a car, there's a few tunnels they can slide under to get out of the flak for a few moments. Stopping is a bad idea, especially against Jetfire as he'll stop and rain death on you.

Megatron leveled is very well suited to it. Trying with a pair of heavys with a regen disk should get you through it as well. Megatron, Shockwave, Thundercracker, and Dragstrip are especially potent for the entire level.

7. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hrrm. I was afraid of that. My "A Team" is Dragstrip, Cyclonus, and Megatron. Levels 15, 14, and 13, respectively. I more or less keep their upgradable stats roughly even unless it's just another bar or two until I get a new perk, in which case I'll go slightly more in that direction for the character. Dragstrip's good at firing quickly, Cyclonus can do all types of damage, and Megatron has the best endurance (yet he still dies during these parts).

So I still gotta grind, huh? That sucks. I've completed everything else-- I've run the characters through every Arena battle, gotten every hidden disc and character except for those in the final level. I hate grinding just to grind.

Ah, well. Thanks for the info.

8. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    There's a part your problem. Specialization can be key. My Dragstrip has maxed Regen and Firepower. Megatron has a 9 in Endurance, and a lot of regen, but strength is only to his crushing blow skill. While some are more balanced, like Cyclonus, there's a large enough cast that you can put some bots into true specialization.

Dragstrip is my ranged fighter, Breakdown is my melee fighter, Barricade is a mix of the two, for example.

While now I can play through the game with any pair (everyone is 20), at the time, Megatron and Soundwave were the first two that I had get past Jetfire and beat OS. I was later able to do it with Megatron and Skywarp after I figured out Jetfire and OS as boss battles. Soundwave's shield was of great help since it absorbs the attacks.

9. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    I just change into vehicle mode and put the pedal to the metal. If I'm half dead, I switch to my second character. Then I stop at the corner and recharge my health.

10. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

I'm going through the EXACT same thing. In fact, I got so frustrated with it that I've taken a "vacation" from the game. I've not played it in about two weeks now.

(Well, it's not just cause of that... I've also been kinda busy with other stuff so I'm sorta "vacationing" from gaming in general.)

11. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

What Prime13 said. Do it in vehicle mode and switch between the two characters to regen. Got through it without any grinding.

12. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    I finally beat Omega Supreme! I've able to get throught the gauntlets of Cliffjumper and Silverbolt easily enough using one of the light bots paired with a heavy. But, I'd allways get my clock cleaned by Omega. This time I used Pravus Prime's pairing of Megatron and Soundwave and it worked! Thanks for mentioning it.

13. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Thanks to some multiplayer, I'm at 100% complete for both campaigns. The first post has been updated with every data disk now. I was hoping that getting the vaunted 100% marker would mean I'd get something extra, but it doesn't look like it.

14. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I haven't played game for a long time, but does multiplayer work only when there are 2ds close or they made it ,so you can play it using wifi

15. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    It's local Wi-Fi only. I had some friends over and we played some 2 on 1 action. One borrowed my other campaign and the other had recently gotten his, so I it helped balance that all my characters were lvl 20 and I knew the levels rather well.

16. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    damn.I wish you could play mp through wifi.cuz I don't think I could find someone that would have this or other tf game

17. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

How is the DS game generally, you see plenty about the console games but I currently do not have a console yet so I am looking into this

18. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
  19. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Not that anyone is going to really see this, but I played through the game today and for narrative and diverse cast purposes, using the following teams:

Reviving the Dark Energon Project: Megatron and Ramjet. Megatron appears at the end cutscene and Ramjet makes traversing the earlier parts in space easier and faster.

Testing the Experiment: Onslaught and Dirge. Both have the right personality that I could see them being experimented on as subjects in a late stage Dark Energon test. Dirge gets through the second phase of the test and Onslaught gets through everything else. I had used Motormaster but my Onslaught does a better job.

Reactivating the Energon Bridge: Barricade and Thundercracker. I use Barricade because at the end of Testing the Experiment, he undergoes the Dark Energon process, so it leads into the next phase. Thundercracker because why not? The Seekers are on board, all the other fliers have a mission and it makes it super fast to get through the quiet route.

Activating the Uplink: Brawl and Starscream. This mission sets up Starscream to succeed or fail on his own, it seems only right that he be selected. Furthermore his being there works with the ending dialogue, since it seems to infer that he's actually at the uplink on the surface. Brawl makes sense given his dislike of Starscream, plus perhaps he has orders to finish Starscream if he fails! Brawl also provides brute force to make the level easier.

The Attack of Iacon: Shockwave and Cyclonus. This is a heavy strike force mission, makes sense that they'd be part of it, plus the end cutscene is accessing the Autobot database, which both characters would make sense doing.

The Omega Key: Megatron and Skywarp. Again, Megatron appears in the ending cutscene, so having him makes sense. Skywarp is my highest firepower jet, which makes trouncing Zeta Prime super easy.

Omega Supreme: Megatron and Dragstrip. Megatron works well here, as he gets the chance to deliver the line, "Such Heroic Nonsense" to Cliffjumper, then after the speech before the OS battle, it makes sense that he leads the way. Dragstrip is my highest firepower car and duel wields multi-damage weapons, which combined with Megatrons mighty mace, covers all three damage types and brings OS down fast.

Soundwave, Breakdown, and Motormaster don't get used in this scheme, but could easily be substituted in several areas depending on your own desires.

Playing this way is nerdy, but it does use a large cast and works within the narrative of the game rather nicely. Since all my 'cons are level 20, it's not like I've got much to worry about either.

20. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Having played all the multiplayer modes this week against two friends in two on one (both of them against me), I'd like to formally apologize to Shockwave for ever having doubted his awesomeness.

He pwns. Enough said.