The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by ambushbug74, Oct 25, 2006.

1. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I had been putting off reading this title as it was so far into the run that I couldn't catch up. Well the other day I bought the first trade to give it a try. And this is the best comic I have readin a loooooooooong time. To put it in perspective, I have a stack of books I like to read while "dropping the kids off at the pool" and I grabbed it thinking I would read a couple pages before going to bed,a couple pages turned into a couple more, and soon that turned into 45 minutes on the crapper finishing the book. One of the first times I have read a trade in one fell swoop. My heiney was asleep but it was well worth it to read that book. I will be getting the rest of the trades soon.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    that book is amazing...robert kirkman is so good...i too have the 1st 4 trades, then started reading it monthly...some of the stuff coming up is amazing...once you get caught up, we can chat more about the current situation...i need to reread this soon too, maybe ill buy the hardcover next week

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

..about damn time.

Next, try Invincible.

4. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, what twin twist said...kirkman is so great...i just read antman 2 and its awesome....

5. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I've seen it, but the covers make it look kinda lame. May try to hunt it down after I get through all the current Walking Dead trades. Also gotta finsih the "Showcase Superman" I just picked up. Don't laugh I like the Silver Age.

6. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I have the first 3 trades of this series. It is definately amazing. I need to get the 4th one yet, and the 5th comes out in December.

7. Vader

Vader Well-Known Member

The Walking Dead is currently my favorite title...can't wait for the next issue to come out. Simply awesome!

8. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

Whoa zombie thread! So I read the first 7 trades and am working through the 8th, and this series is byfar amazing!

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yeah, awesome series. I had the first 8 trades. My gf read them, and then she bought the remaining trades off deepdiscount. Such a great series.

10. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

Since this thread has been reborn.. I got the compendium for Christmas.
    I'd already read th first trade near the start of the year and for months had been meaning to buy some others/ the compendium. So I was ecstatic to get it =D

Gotta say its the best thing I've read, so many twists and surprises and just great storytelling =] now I'm eager to get trades 9-13 as it'll be about another year or so till the next compendium =\ and I wanna see how the characters deal with what's just happened =]

11. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    I read the first two, got my roomie hooked, and we now collectively have volumes 1-8. Ogod I love this series. I started getting headaches because some o the stuff that goes on with Rick stressed ME out.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I absolutely love this series. It's one of the best comics I've ever read and has managed to stay consistantly strong throughout it's run.

I first got into it when one of my co-workers lent me the first eight trades last year. I got hooked on the story and had them completed within a couple of weeks. I then bought the remaining trades that were out at the time (9 + 10), read through them quickly and let my co-worker borrow them. After I moved, I picked up v11 in trade and then went back and got the first compendium to fill the gap in my TPB collection. I tried getting the singles for the "Life Among Them" arc but, IMO, it reads better in trades, so I went back to TPBs for "Too Far Gone" (still need to get rid of my "Life Among Them" singles, at some point).

13. Menace2Monday

Menace2Monday Member

Wow, absolutely no discussion on this awesome series? So much has happened within the past 8 months. Can't believe Glen made it this far, though I have a bad feeling about him...

14. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I've been wanting to pick this series up. Thinking I'm going pick up the compendium in a few weeks. That has like the first 8 traded, right?

Also, what's Walking Dead Weekly? Just reprints I presume?

15. Lumpy

News Credits:
    time to resurrect this thread again!

issue 95 was so badass... the last story arc really felt like it lagged a little, but these last 2 issues have been top notch and so badass again... I can't believe this series is almost at 100 issues... I also filled my gaps recently with 1-24 of the Walking Dead Weekly... so now i have 1-95 in single issues, and still buy the hardcovers as well...

this summer i plan on rereading it all again as well... love it so much.

16. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I've bought every trade digitially. Love this series. One of the best comics out there.

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    are you all caught up on the current issues? or do you still wait for each trade to come out digitally?

18. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't believe there aren't more posts here. Man, I love this comic. I started when #92 came out so I was lucky with the wait. Now the monthly wait is KILLING me!

95 was cool. But it seems the main points of 94 and 95 is just have the group realize how much of a badass(es) they are.

19. Lumpy

News Credits:
  20. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Finally caught up on all current Walking Dead comics.

Something big needs to happen fast. I enjoy the comic when all hell is breaking loose - not so much when they spend 5 issues talking.