The Walking Dead TV Series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by adamthered, Aug 12, 2009.

1. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm tired of the zombie genre. Haven't seen any new episodes of FTWD.
    The show gets stupid when zombies can creep up on you like a ninja and has the strength to knock you down when the zombies are nothing but bones held on by some pieces of muscle fiber:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    TWD hasn’t been about zombies since Season 2

• Like Like x 4
  3. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

LOL. They should have wrapped up this show years ago.

FTWD is the better show right now, anyway...

• Like Like x 5
  4. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

It is for now. With Gimple shifting all of his focus to that show, I’m not sure it will last.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Alright, so let’s rethink the last few seasons.

Season 5: Despite being the best of the show, the Beth arc went on too long, even if other good episodes like Abraham’s journey and Carol and Daryl in Atlanta also happened. So let’s trim it down to where those two episodes are largely intact, but Beth’s death happens by like 5x06 or 5x07. Then Tyreese’s death happens, it can keep the whole episode since it was a 5 Star episode. 5x10 is one of my absolute favorites but it could probably go for the most part, just mush in Aaron’s debut. So midseason finale of 5 is arriving at Alexandria.

Season 5B and 6A can be condensed to where No Way Out is the season finale of 5. A Larger World takes place in 6A, but trim the fat to where Something to Fear - a double hour episode - is like 6x05 or so. Trim the hell of Season 7 to where 6x08 basically ends with 7x08.

Then Season 6B is a condensed March to War, the battle taking place in 6x12 or so. All Out War lasts until the season finale, and that’s still the bombing of Alexandria. Season 7 begins with the allies gathering at Hilltop, and the war wraps up by 7x04 at the latest.

That’s really haphazard, but the primary victims of this would be the padding and filler. Garbage people leave entirely, Oceanside can be saved for later.

I just think that if Gimple had condensed the show, it would’ve kept the show going for longer than it did.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rusty24

It might as well end. While the show and comic are different entities, Robert Kirkman has always been adamant that his story begins and ends with Rick. It’s his story. As soon as he wakes up from his coma, it’s his story as he carries the audience into a new world. While the show has had episodes without him and put more emphasis on side characters, it’s still Rick’s story. Besides that, we’ve seen it happen before when stars leave late in a show’s run. No one ever remembers their replacement seasons fondly. The Office was still ok without Steve Carell, but I think most people would agree that it never hit the same heights again when his character was there. The reason it worked in Game of Thrones and Vikings is because they’re based on a preceding piece of material (a book series and the Viking sagas) which set a precedent for that to happen. In both cases, the loss of the lead character was relatively early on and served as a huge catalyst for future events. While Rick leaving could set the stage for a lot of future stories, it’s so late in the game that it would feel out of left field when someone binges the series a decade from now.

• Like Like x 3
  7. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a Shock.
    "That was some Shit!" -Negan :lol :

Last season's ending is good enough to be the last.
    Negan defeated not getting murdered by Rick & he's daydreaming of Carl.

I can't think of a plot without Rick and Maggie that fits the whole season.
    They should killed them off in a dramatic and tragic fashion if that's the final decision of both actors.

How about Negan leading the show? Daryl can't carry it alone. Same with Carol.
    It's no longer TWD without Rick Grimes in it.

Better cancel the whole season and called it quits.

The reason it worked with Game of Thrones because deaths of key characters every season is so normal.
    Just ask Sean Bean about it. :lol :

8. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

I keep hearing good things about this so I might watch it. I tried watching during the first season but nothing really pulled me in. I am also kinda tired of the zombie phrase.

9. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's stepped up a gear this season, and is really good. This season doesn't feel like it's plodding along like it had the last season.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Well-Known Member

The new charctersare also far more interesting. I'm really liking it thus far.

11. Rusty24

And there’s actually somewhat competent characters now

12. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    All of season 8, sans the first episode, was some of the worst story telling I've seen in general, not just for a post apocalyptic show. I'm glad Rick and possible most of the main cast will be gone but I honestly don't see it being better afterward.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

The way season eight ended, I'd be completely fine if the show ended there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They should have ended season 7 with everyone dying including the show; skip 8 altogether.

• Like Like x 2
  15. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

I only ever watched the first season of FTWD too and was never inspired to see more. But I followed Morgan into the new season and so far, I really, really like the characters and most of the story.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    Wow. I'm shocked to be honest. Does this mean FtWD and TWD will merge now like Kirkman hinted at a while before it ended up just being Morgan going over there? If not, I don't think I can get behind a Darryl / Negan led show. I can't really see it going on for much longer now.

17. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    With
    With this case specifically, since she never named him in her letter, it's seems kinda bullshit that AMC specifically cut all ties with him on an assumption without doing any kind of investigation. However though pretty much any company can fire you or let you go for no reason at all, just as you can leave the company for no reason at all.

18. superman27344

superman27344 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I read something online, I believe it was from TMZ, that there are texts that prove Hardwick probably did no wrong doing to his ex girl friend but rather she is just upset cause he would not get back with her after she cheated on him.

19. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I wonder how complacent Negan will be in such a time jump. Even though I really want to stop watching this, I am curious as to how Rick dies, but I'm betting it's something ridiculously stupid.