The Walking Dead TV Series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by adamthered, Aug 12, 2009.

1. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
  2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I came.

Twice.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I love that we're finally gettign a series about zombies. I love that Frank Darabont is doing it. I hate that it's going to be on AMC. That means no gore, no nudity, no foul language and lots of commercials.

4. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    I remain hopeful that it doesn't totally suck

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't know about that - there are some fairly risque scenes in Breaking Bad, sex and gore wise.

6. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/movies-television/259411-frank-darabont-bringing-zed-amc.html

The gore is the only "essential" part of The Walking Dead. Sex and language can be handled tastefully. What they can get away with will be interesting to see.

Here are my real concerns:

1. The opening is way too reminiscent of 28 Days Later. I know the author insists he hasn't seen the movie, but will audiences or critics care?

2. The series has a large but rotating cast. Just about everyone I thought they couldn't kill off, they have (I am only through Year 4). But TV series are built on stars. Will they be willing to kill off popular cast members in order to keep the bleak and brutal tone of the book?

3. Speaking of, this is not an uplifting series. Indeed, its down right depressing. How many people will want to tune in week after week, knowing doom is around the corner?

4. AMC is operating on a stunningly high level right now, and its hard to believe this can continue. At some point they'll have their Arli$$.

7. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I eagerly await this series. I really liked the Mist and Shawshank Redemption, so I hope the director can do a good job on this one.

That reminds me, I need to get caught back up on the trades for the series.

8. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Maybe with Darabont's name attached, they can push it a bit more than they normally do. I just know that whenever I've watched a horror film on there, especially during Monster Week, the movies are usually cut to shreds.

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

My buddy and I were discussing last night over beers how awesome a tv zombie series would be, and now I'm actually reading about Walking Dead becoming one. Sweet.

10. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

I gotta believe this will deliver. Love the comic, and generally love Darabont. Don't let me down, AMC!

11. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
  12. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hate to revive a zombie thread, but my best friend just got cast on this show the other day as one of the primary characters.

13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Good for him. One of my agents submitted me for the role of a rookie cop (day player with a few lines) a few days ago. I've still got my fingers crossed that I'll get an audition.

But if not, I think I still have a good chance at playing a zombie extra with my work experience once the start accepting submissions. And it's also filming here in Atlanta within the next 6 weeks.

It's on my acting "bucket list" to play a zombie in a TV show or feature film. Also, Frank Darabont is directing this, and he's made some great films out of Steven King novels: The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption, The Mist.

14. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey can I be that crazy serial killer with the glasses that murders the twins?

15. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I didn't know Jim Carrey was in this! Awesome!

I unfortunately didn't get a chance to audition, nor to play a zombie - I wasn't thin enough. They wanted super-thin gaunt-looking people, and I'm not about to try losing that much weight just to work on a TV series. I had a few actor friends who were hired to play zombies and went to "zombie school" last week (seriously, that's what it was actually called).

I've still got hopes that I can at least work background on this while it's shooting in Atlanta. Production started this week and they're shooting through August, so I've still got my fingers crossed.

17. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ok, so last week I went through and read the entire series for the very first time. Picked up the huge ass book and then the individual issues that came after it. Now I am curious as to how they will be splitting the episodes up. The first episode looks like it's going to be covering at least the first 3 issues or so. IF that's the case, then this series will catch up to the graphic novel eventually. Wonder what will happen then.

Also, seeing some of the huge set pieces in the comics, I wonder how they will translate that to the series. Regardless, I'm looking forward to this now more than ever.

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    could be interesting , shame i don't get AMC any longer , had to switch to a cheaper cable package.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Looks hella sweet ^_^

EDIT: Also glad you got in to the books, Joe. Some great stuff, although its been on a steady decline of late. Hoping it can pick back up again, but then I'm on trades so am over 6 months behind T_T

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  20. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It does really, really slow down after the
    Woodbury attack on the prison
    . But then it picks up with some pretty sweet stuff before the last couple issues, which kinda cop out on some of the storyline.